could HOOMA eventually phase out HERNY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: could HOOMA eventually phase out HERNY?

Huey is my favorite new Pat, his blocking at fullback and tightend is outstanding, but he and Hernandez are two completely different players, there's no need to choose between the two.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

me thinks hern will eventually phase out woodhead!

[/QUOTE]

No.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Huey is my favorite new Pat, his blocking at fullback and tightend is outstanding, but he and Hernandez are two completely different players, there's no need to choose between the two.  

[/QUOTE]

True, my observation of Hern is that he's not following the ball into his hands therefore the drops his focus seems off as he's thinking of turning for a gain instead of tucking in the pass first. Hooma is going to press BB for a decision because from what little I've seen from him he's a great blocker and playaction receiver as he and Brady connected nicely last game, soft hands. Hooma is going to have a job, one way or the other if Ballard shows his potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Henandez has had problems with dropping the ball before so that's not new and he's far from 100 percent with the ankle. 

Hooma has been a nice surprise.

There is one point to consider though. When Hernandez is on the field he draws special attention from the D and teams game plan how to stop him. Nobody game plans to stop a run blocking 3rd string TE. The way Hooma has played is changing that though but I'm not quite ready to cut Hernandez yet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Macrawn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Henandez has had problems with dropping the ball before so that's not new and he's far from 100 percent with the ankle. 

There is one point to consider though. When Hernandez is on the field he draws special attention from the D and teams game plan how to stop him. Nobody game plans to stop a run blocking 3rd string TE. The way Hooma has played is changing that though but I'm not quite ready to cut Hernandez yet. 

[/QUOTE]

You don't know how healthy is ankle is unless you're Hernandez or his doctor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

absolutely correct.

hern needs to work on his game, perfect hsi craft, but his skill/speed is through the roof

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Macrawn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good thing then cause hes getting 40 mil frm the pats :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Hope they can get Hooma involved in the no huddle.

Hern, Gronk, Hooma, Woodhead, and Welker.

Hern, Hooma and Woodhead can all line up somewhere in the backfield

Hern, Hooma and Gronk can line up at TE

Hern, Gronk, Woodhead and Welker can all line up at WR

If a team plays nickel, you have 2 good blocking TEs and a good blocking WR, run the ball

If a team plays base, you have 2 good receiving TEs, a good receiving WR, a good receiving/pass blocking rb, and a TE who can make a play if you ignore him.

So many mismatches!

Sections
Shortcuts