Could it be? Do you feel that magic too?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Could it be? Do you feel that magic too?

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about our winning Superbowl years.  About how Brady was more of a compliment to the team than a focal point, and victories were achieved by hard nosed players being phsyical, a strong running game, strong defense, -short passes and screens, superior special teams play.  Those teams had an edge, and you could feel a certain magic in the air as well with a timely play, a fortunate ball bounce, the unlikely being commonplace. 

I had written this team off after Mayo went down.  Seeing him on IR next to Wilfork put a Superbowl date for this team all but out of reach in my opinion.  When Gronk went down, that was it.  I started looking at next year, draft prospects, free agents, contracts.  I overlooked the fact that they were still winning games.  I didn't realize it at the time, but that magic I spoke of was back.  It returned with guys stepping up and emerging from the bench.  It returned with the feeling that the Patriots thrive on, the underdog, the overlooked, the chip on the shoulder. 

They still have a hell of a mountain to climb in Mile High against Manning.  And even if they win, pick your poison because both NFC teams are absolute beasts.  I don't know if they'll do it, but one thing is for sure.  There is no way I would bet against them right now because I am definitely feeling that old Patriot magic. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Could it be? Do you feel that magic too?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Yep.

Brady has been reined in and I am loving it. Been asking for this for years. Years.

who knew that the key to victory was for bb to gather a bad group of receivers. thanks bb

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yep.

Brady has been reined in and I am loving it. Been asking for this for years. Years.

Well I guess bb listened to you. You should feel honored you saw this in Brady even before BB did. Amazing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I have no reason for saying this, but I think Thompkins is going to have a great game.  Just a gut feeling.  He seems like he might have that "makes plays when we need it" factor.

Win or lose, this has been a great season.  This team is fun to watch.  There was a poster called MVPKilla who used to post here.  He and I used to talk about how the Pats no longer had the "Willie Mac" factor.  Willie Mac always played his best in the big games.  Well this year the team has the Willie Mac factor.  They have players on both sides that make the critical plays when we need them most.  It's only fitting that Willie will be an honorary captain for the game.

Definitely feel the magic....that intangible quality that makes you believe they will get it done somehow, someway. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Yep.

Well I guess bb listened to you. You should feel honored you saw this in Brady even before BB did. Amazing.

I think it's hard to make such serious in personnel or contracts off a lockout, but BB has done it.

We're all waiting on Brady now. Been years. Years. Since 2004. That was the last time he strung together two good postseason games and I think it happens on Sunday.

I think you place too much blame on Brady, or at least mention it too much.  Maybe this is why you get so much grief about it.  I try to remain level-headed though.  You are correct in that he hasn't recently played too well consistently in the playoffs.  I don't think you can say "since 2004" though.  He played very good in the 06 season playoffs.  He was great against the Jets, very clutch against the Chargers in the upset, and played well against the Colts.  I still think we were robbed of that key Faulk first down.  I always thought 2006 was his finest year.  This year is right up with that.  It's intriguing how giving him less brings out the best in him.  I'm not going to be as quick to blame him for that.  I think the weapons we had from 07+ resulted in a change in offensive philosophy that originated at the top.  It's pretty hard to imagine that change being driven all by Brady.  It's not plausible.  This was driven from the top.  BB isn't going to let a QB set the direction for the team.  Right, wrong, or indifferent, having fewer weapons brings out the best of the Pats offense, and Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about our winning Superbowl years.  About how Brady was more of a compliment to the team than a focal point, and victories were achieved by hard nosed players being phsyical, a strong running game, strong defense, -short passes and screens, superior special teams play.  Those teams had an edge, and you could feel a certain magic in the air as well with a timely play, a fortunate ball bounce, the unlikely being commonplace. 

I had written this team off after Mayo went down.  Seeing him on IR next to Wilfork put a Superbowl date for this team all but out of reach in my opinion.  When Gronk went down, that was it.  I started looking at next year, draft prospects, free agents, contracts.  I overlooked the fact that they were still winning games.  I didn't realize it at the time, but that magic I spoke of was back.  It returned with guys stepping up and emerging from the bench.  It returned with the feeling that the Patriots thrive on, the underdog, the overlooked, the chip on the shoulder. 

They still have a hell of a mountain to climb in Mile High against Manning.  And even if they win, pick your poison because both NFC teams are absolute beasts.  I don't know if they'll do it, but one thing is for sure.  There is no way I would bet against them right now because I am definitely feeling that old Patriot magic. 

really great post...   since there were so many opportunities to say that this team could quit...  but you know who won't quit...?   B and B.  It's a given. 

Thats why we are spoiled and Charles Barkley is right.  It is a great team that could keep rising to the top bcause they are young and rising as we speak... right?  It is exciting to think about this team like the team in 2001.   I can feel it...  yet there is more to the story of course and it has to play out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yep.

Brady in the weeds!

BB finally, reigned in.  Terrible offensive coach, doesn't have a clue. (Too busy with the defense, anyway.)

Brady calling plays, mixing it up and audibles to runs.  (no one to throw to anyway)

No more of BB's Pathetic pass, pass, pass, offense.     (finally got a RB that can run, Thanks Talib!)

Brady is the MAN.

Go Pats!  4th ring already in the mold.  Feelin it!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Yep.

Brady in the weeds!

BB finally, reigned in.  Terrible offensive coach, doesn't have a clue. (Too busy with the defense, anyway.)

Brady calling plays, mixing it up and audibles to runs.  (no one to throw to anyway)

No more of BB's Pathetic pass, pass, pass, offense.     (finally got a RB that can run, Thanks Talib!)

Brady is the MAN.

Go Pats!  4th ring already in the mold.  Feelin it!

"reigned"?

lol

I love how angry you are and how on edge you are. Love it!

How's this?  Brady took over the reins from the reigning dictator..  Now he's King..

Better?  LOL

Who's angry?  Feelin it

Been asking for this, for years.  YEARS!

Go Tom!  Go team!

You can go now, too!  LOL!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:

really great post...   since there were so many opportunities to say that this team could quit...  but you know who won't quit...?   B and B.  It's a given. 

Thats why we are spoiled and Charles Barkley is right.  It is a great team that could keep rising to the top bcause they are young and rising as we speak... right?  It is exciting to think about this team like the team in 2001.   I can feel it...  yet there is more to the story of course and it has to play out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, there is something different about this team. Ive already been told by two Colts fans over here that the Patriots "have absolutely no chance" in Denver. If we win it all, better believe I will post it all over FB and they will never live it down. But I dont want us beating SF, I like them too much. Want to knock off the loudmouth Seahawks. But DANG IT, that means the Niners have to lose, and I dont like that either. Choices, choices...... If we win at Denver, my loyalties in the NFC game will be muddied. If we lose, its SF all the way for me. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

^^Becoming unglued. lol

^^^Been unglued, entire life. LOL

Go Tom... Go T E A M!!!

Long live the Reigning King, Tom Brady.  Most play-off wins, of any QB, of all time!

Carry on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yep.

You're going to be on the watch when he throws 45 times in Denver. But you're an imbecile, so there's no surprise there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yep.

Yeah, BB has our town fool on speed dial.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yep.

I think it's hard to make such serious shifts in personnel or contracts off a lockout, but BB has done it.

We're all waiting on Brady now. Been years. Years. Since 2004. That was the last time he strung together two good postseason games and I think it happens on Sunday.

So, you think his 78 passer rating in the last game was "good", but his 91 passer rating (really over 100 before the desperate drive the D collapse forced on him) in the last SB was "bad".

You're a moron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Long live the Reigning King, Tom Brady.  Most play-off wins, of any QB, of all time!

Did someone say king?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Did someone say king?

Top shelf work from you, as always, TFB12.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Did someone say king?

Top shelf work from you, as always, TFB12.

Agree.  Fantastic, TFB!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Pats are playing with house money in my opinion.  To get to the conference championship game with what they've had to overcome this year is simply an amazing achievement.

That said, there is something about this team; their mental toughness, their focus, their ability to adjust on the fly.  I do feel really good about their chances tomorrow.

Sections
Shortcuts