COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY HAS BEEN RAILROADED LIKE OJ +THIS GUY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED?

C.C.'s consistent and obstanent defence of this disgusting crime is a perfect example of the mindset of the PERPS in this crime. They spent years convincing themselves with a fantacy of how their actions were accepable and justified. Eventualy the concocted fantacy became reality in their twisted mind. In such same manner C.C. has spent a great deal of time in his life convinceing himself that the accused deserves more synpathy than the victoms, possibly by some sort of association with them. He plays the innocent till guilty card, which has kept way too many criminals on the street way too long causeing society to suffer way too long. He has even unjustly tipped his hand playing the race card, also admitting to be of a minority and useing it as an excuse for his raceist idears. I because i am not considered a minority by government standards have suffered reverse discrimination and been denied employment not because of qualifications, but because QUOTAS were not met. Am I there for suppose to be discriminatory in support of those not represented by a minority faction. CC many of your posts have been informative and quite entertaining, but you must relize with the extentive amount of opinions and arguments you have put out there your mindset is out there on the blackboards so to say. You and those around you have obviously felt persecuted and held back and reach for the standard reasons to blame, but guess what, if you are not in the top 1% in this country you are in the same boat as us all. The predigidus in the world is no longer racial, it is financial. The top 1% keeps the racial arguments alive to divide the mass's and keep us week. We are all in the same boat. The refusal to asjust criminal laws to the benifit of society as opposed to the individual, or financial codes to the benifit of the whole as opposed to the few only helps the top 1% and many like you have been decieved into supporting them. They keep the criminals on the street to occupy our fears,the keep social division active to weaken all groups,and they keep so many political agendas alive to avoid the important issues and have a few bones to throw out to the public. Society is driven to benifit the mass's at the expence of the individual,otherwise you have anarchy. Unfortunately this society has distorted that fundamental point giveing the individual the benifit at the expence of society, and that is what you have bought into. The glove did not fit because leather shrinks and gets hard when it gets wet and dries, and will not slide over rubber. CC please give up this embareising sharad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Do you really believe that? A man so driven as JoePa let's something this serious slide to someone else? I have some swamp land for ya bud!In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED?:
    Joe didn't call the cops because the President of PSU told him he was taking care of the incident and not to worry about it.
    Posted by MichFan

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

You my friend are one of the intelligent and objective posters-nice to see others on this site can use their mental faculties.In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED?:
    Nah not likely.....He's pretty much toast before they even put a peg in the ground based on the grand jury synopsis..... My opinion is that there were a number of blind eyes turned in this whole sordid mess.  At the root of it all?  MONEY!  Football and it's oeprations are a veritable cash cow for the University raking in profits upwards of 55M per annum and don't believe that sum  includes any bowl game appearances either...... And who exactly wanted thier name on any action  that was going stigmatize the hallowed university or um the cash cow? Apparently no one at this point in review... If the NCAA had any real backbone they would shut 'em down for a year or two when the smoke settles here.....
    Posted by threejak

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

OMG, some of the retorts to post are right, there is way to much smoke here for it to be even remotely close to a witchhunt.  I can't remember, maybe I saw that article several monthsback that hinted at Sandusky's transgressions, but when this came of light last week I had that deja vous kind of feeling that I thought I had heard something of this nature some time back. 

Now I hear that there were always whispers about this guy.  Strange that he could deal with that and not leave the area.  I guess indicates the level of his illness. 

It's pretty disgusting and Harry Manion likely forsaw the inevitable on yesterday's Dennis and Callahan Show on WEEI, when he said, and I paraphrase, that "it's so bizarre that it likely won't even reach trial, toput people through all that, the graphics, it would be awful.  He'd plea.  And then either decide for himself his fate, if you catch my drift, or have it decided for him within days of being imprisoned".  Again that is a paraphrase of what he was surmising. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

What is the True definition of a WITCH HUNT?

It's called a Pure Democracy!!

A Pure Democracy, no matter how it is defined without the Bill of Rights it
    is "A Tyranny of a Thousand"  a million, or even 300 - 350 million, and this is
    exactly what the vast majority are doing.  Believe me if it was your Dad, or
    your son or who knows, you would be torn & Confused more than ready to kill them.

I am not judging him one way or the other, but I see a bunch of Jerry
    Callahans crucifying him, and usually it means either you were abused
    yourself, or maybe you were a jock too, and you and your buddy date
    raped a girl from school and got a way with it.  People who judge this
    harshly deep down have the same guilt for doing something similar
    or were the rapist or something where you abused your power!

Right now everything out from the press seems to say he is guilty, and since when
    did any of us, especially sports fans, ever trust the press!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED?:
    What is the True definition of a WITCH HUNT? It's called a Pure Democracy!! A Pure Democracy, no matter how it is defined without the Bill of Rights it is "A Tyranny of a Thousand"  a million, or even 300 - 350 million, and this is exactly what the vast majority are doing.  Believe me if it was your Dad, or your son or who knows, you would be torn & Confused more than ready to kill them. I am not judging him one way or the other, but I see a bunch of Jerry Callahans crucifying him, and usually it means either you were abused yourself, or maybe you were a jock too, and you and your buddy date raped a girl from school and got a way with it.  People who judge this harshly deep down have the same guilt for doing something similar or were the rapist or something where you abused your power! Right now everything out from the press seems to say he is guilty, and since when did any of us, especially sports fans, ever trust the press!
    Posted by quasi
    well said comrade! like me, i detect u r far being an apologist for this likely guilty predator but it is the BULLYING vigilante mindset that ticks me off. lets see how it shakesout. i dont buy espn on face value on MOST things footballl-based, not going to do it with the LAW EITHER!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

You and those around you have obviously felt persecuted and held back and reach for the standard reasons to blame, but guess what, if you are not in the top 1% in this country you are in the same boat as us all. The predigidus in the world is no longer racial, it is financial. The top 1% keeps the racial arguments alive to divide the mass's and keep us week. We are all in the same boat. The refusal to asjust criminal laws to the benifit of society as opposed to the individual, or financial codes to the benifit of the whole as opposed to the few only helps the top 1% and many like you have been decieved into supporting them. They keep the criminals on the street to occupy our fears,the keep social division active to weaken all groups,and they keep so many political agendas alive to avoid the important issues and have a few bones to throw out to the public. Society is driven to benifit the mass's at the expence of the individual,otherwise you have anarchy. Unfortunately this society has distorted that fundamental point giveing the individual the benifit at the expence of society, and that is what you have bought into.
    Posted by part-timer
    comrade, we agree fully on the race thing. stop trying to fit me in some square peg of genericism. i dont blame ANY white individual or even the system in the present for any issues i or anyone may have regarding present life situation. it is a cop-out to keep whining and blaming everyone. can i be clearer? but history does matter and i do know that i am in the minority in the blak community.

a big reason is that i wasnt born and initialized in this country and i do not have a direct LEGACY of being owned by someone else in my lineage or have that interpretive mindset. i dont see any non-kkk type person as my enemy. very few are in fact of that ilk. again i think for my self and am more than willing to question the sacreds be it in my own race and ancestry or outside of it. i despise anyone who says its impolite or enabling anything by the mere fact of looking at the other side or bringing in a different perspective.

i call it as i see it. sometimes i'm in the MAJORITY, sometimes i'm on a lonely island working as a MAJORITY of ONE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Communist, in the last 10 years, so many things have happened & too many people just take the side of the press or those that run things, never questioning
    & refuse to look into things that are happening.  I use the word "ignorance" more for "ignoring" any possibilities for other "possibilities"!

Just like judging draft picks before they even get a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

a big reason is that i wasnt born and initialized in this country and i do not have a direct LEGACY of being owned by someone else in my lineage or have that interpretive mindset. i dont see any non-kkk type person as my enemy. very few are in fact of that ilk. again i think for my self and am more than willing to question the sacreds be it in my own race and ancestry or outside of it.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

You still do not get it. You have been born and initialized into the legacy of the system if you are not at least in the top 10% of the economic system. That is the new raceism, it has nothing to do with race, just money. Money will buy you out of your criminal activities, if not threw the distortion of the legal system then through cival settlements. Penn state will not suffer the true damages inflicted through the many years of abuse and coverups. There will be fall guys to take the full impact from the system that should be disolved and restarted anew. The idealism nessisary to see this threw to impeach all involved and see that all involved pay the same penance for the children who were damaged after this first came to light many years ago does not exist in the system controlled by the financial elite. And the mass's are to divided to use their shere numbers to force the needed change. The apathy that society has secumed to, allows those in power to keep their foot on the neck of the many. This has and is going on all around us and the power of big money has made all decisions instead of what is moraly right. Now Syracuse. Not even the tip of the iceburg. A witch hunt into all large institutions may be the only way to shove it into the face of society and infuriate the mass's to accept no less than justice. True justice has nothing to do with the distorted legal justice that the elite can buy through high profile legal council, or political pressure. Enter the accused persons home illegaly and find tapes with indesputable proof of the crime and it does not exist legaly. Where is the justice. A crime is a crime. To become aware of a crime and not act to stop it makes you complicit to the crime. This is the truth no matter how you try to convolute the facts.

Lastly if you do not relized that you are owned you are mistaken. The elite have bought and control you with the megar pitance they give us to survive. Either you are liveing in poverty or a member of the working poor if you are not in the top 10%. Fact the top 10% controls 70% of the capital, the top 1% controls 35% of the capitol, and the remaining 90% survives on the remianing 30% of the capitol. WE are owned and the owners will control the system as long as we let them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

part-timer, i think we are on the same page with the what. if u have read me in the past, u know that i am a CAPITALIST not in favor of occupy wall street nanny-staters. we disagree on the solution. when i referred to ownership, i was specifically thinking about slavery! most blaks in the US are still understandably (unfortunate as it may be)still weighed down by the collective brutality and legacy of slavery. people like me and OBAMA (YEP that president dude), never had to deal with its consequences on a deep psychological level or very intimate level til very late in the game. evryone cant be in the 1 or 10%. every society incl cuba and the old ussr have disparities between its rich and poor. this system is far better for at least a non-elite still has a chance of making it to the top in business or politics. in britain, the royals are forbidden BY LAW to marry a non-christian and NON-WHITE person! heck til this year, a daughter could not ascend to the ultimate throne. the biggest inequality exists in the so-called egalitarian countries incl the one i came from in africa.

look at the occupyers esp in NY. jon stewart, no water carryer for the righ, did a report two days ago on how the camp is npw divided into uptown and downtown. uptowners have books, ipads, hi tech tents and so forth. they even shower and have their own little facilities. downtown is where people get raped, beat drums and  basically became the ghetto of the movement. if they cant find equality and fairness and they are as white as the tea party snd from the same mind, how is it logical to think it can be done on a bigger level with more divergent interests and interpretations?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

for all of u taking shots at me for making a mockery of real sexual abuse, here's an example of a case that actually has credible non-orchestrated evidence oin its own right. no need for hysteria, just pure facts laid outiorganically. u have 2 alleged victims (with toms of others soon to come to the fore with similar stories) who actually talked to media 3rd parties since 2003 who have been building a case behind the scenes at SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY, the men's basketball assistant bernie (not so) fine is being implicated.

no doubt he will be going down. he actually seems to have penetrated these ball boys over years and actually did acts. there are actual witnesses and those actually have credibility unlike mccreary from all i can ascertain thus far. no need for a grand jury report for me to ascertain blame. jim boeheim may go down on this one for he is pulling a herman cain in his defense of his boy. he is 100% stating innocence on the guy's behalf when there's no way he can really be certain. the extreme here is the defandant, at penn state thus far its the zealots going after that defendant. got it?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?

I think its time to get involved here. 

I tried to read the thread to get Commie's perspective.  I am sure that I've missed a few things, but at the very least, I think Commie's trying to claim some moral high ground for "not jumping to conclusions".  The reality is, however, that Commie is jumping to conclusion just from the opposite perspective and that affords no additional high ground in my mind.  Trotting out cases that went against the public's initial reaction that are completely unrelated to this case is no reason to temper one's position.  In all of the cases with the exception of the Anthony case there seemed to be a prosecutorial rush to judgement.  In the Anthony case, the prosecutors felt compelled to try Anthony almost at the public's insistence and whether or not the evidence was strong enough to convict. 

This is more like the Anthony case but without any media attention until the arrest was made.  There was no prosecutorial rush to judgement.  There was 2+ years of investigation and Grand Jury involvement. 

I am not sure what commie meant when he said that "not one single kid has come out and said via third party sources that any of them was actually penetrated or touched in any way".  There is testimony from multiple victims in the GJ Presentment of Sandusky doing exactly that.  And these victims weren't compiled through a TV ad, they were found through investigation.  Remember, the so-called witch-hunt began after the arrest and after the investigation which anything but knee-jerk as in the Duke case. 

Commie notes that the prosecution couldn't find the 2002 10 year old from the shower, but that Sandusky could.  One, the prosecution has told us that files from the Charity for the years 2000-2003 have been stolen or are missing.  hmm.  Two, how do we know that the individual Sandusky presents as that victim is the same person?  If it can't be determined who that boy is, why couldn't Sandusky just trot out someone and say it was him? 

As to claiming that GJ Presentment is one sided.  That's correct.  That's what is needed in order to prosecute.  And lets not compare this to the Duke GJ.  That prosecutor had the GJ in his pocket, was elected in a poor district where rich Duke kids were hated.  His prosecution of these kids was exactly the kind of pub he needed to get re-elected and he abused his power for that purpose.  In this case, Sandusky was a VERY POWERFUL person in State College and throughout Pennsylvania.  The following are honorary members of Sandusky's charity:

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner
    R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies
    James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart
    William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.
    Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
    Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
    Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Penn State University President
    Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.
    Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst
    Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises
    Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles
    Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President
    Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms
    Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)
    Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer
    Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.
    Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.
    Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods

Arresting a guy like Sandusky was going to require STRONG evidence resulting from thorough investigation.  DA did his work.  This is not to say that Sandusky won't have his day in court, but when multiple people over a 14 year testify to being subjected to unwanted sexual conduct by the same person, I think there are grounds for prosecution.  And I think the time frame is very relevant.  If all of the victims who testified were from the same time period, one could suggest they colluded to get the guy convicted.  14 years is a long time.  Collusion seems unlikely. 

Finally, Paterno.  Commie says Paterno is the one guy who has been railroaded.  I don't buy it.  For the sake of this, I'll assume that Paterno's only power within the university is the football program.  Commie asks what more could Paterno have done? 

First, Paterno himself has said he wishes he had done more.  That alone, dismisses Commie's question, but I'll go on.  Paterno reported to his "superiors" what he had been told about the shower incident.  Commie assumes that is all he could have and should have done (even though Paterno himself wishes he'd done more).  Paterno testified to the grand jury that he was told of Sandusky's actions of a sexual nature with a 10 year boy in the showers in 2002.  Regardless of whether or not Paterno's "superiors" acted on Paterno and McQuery's report, as head of the football program, Paterno could have at the very least elminated Sandusky's access to it.  It is widely known that after the 02 shower incident that Sandusky continued to bring kids around the football program.  I won't go further on this, like by bringing up the 1998 100 page PSU investigation report regarding Sandusky, or other things.  Paterno's lack of actions after 2002, are enough for him to deserve whatever derision he receives.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?

ud6 no one will read this- you are wasting your time- i bet coults fan hate you too- you suuuuuuuucck

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?:
    I think its time to get involved here.  I tried to read the thread to get Commie's perspective.  I am sure that I've missed a few things, but at the very least, I think Commie's trying to claim some moral high ground for "not jumping to conclusions".  The reality is, however, that Commie is jumping to conclusion just from the opposite perspective and that affords no additional high ground in my mind.  Trotting out cases that went against the public's initial reaction that are completely unrelated to this case is no reason to temper one's position.  In all of the cases with the exception of the Anthony case there seemed to be a prosecutorial rush to judgement.  In the Anthony case, the prosecutors felt compelled to try Anthony almost at the public's insistence and whether or not the evidence was strong enough to convict.  This is more like the Anthony case but without any media attention until the arrest was made.  There was no prosecutorial rush to judgement.  There was 2+ years of investigation and Grand Jury involvement.  I am not sure what commie meant when he said that "not one single kid has come out and said via third party sources that any of them was actually penetrated or touched in any way.  There is testimony from multiple victims in the GJ Presentment of Sandusky doing exactly that.  And these victims weren't compiled through a TV ad, they were found through investigation.  Remember, the so-called witch-hunt began after the arrest and after the investigation which anything but knee-jerk as in the Duke case.  Commie notes that the prosecution couldn't find the 2002 10 year old from the shower, but that Sandusky could.  One, the prosecution has told us that files from the Charity for the years 2000-2003 have been stolen or are missing.  hmm.  Two, how do we know that the individual Sandusky presents as that victim is the same person?  If it can't be determined who that boy is, why could Sandusky just trot out someone and say it was him?  As to claiming that GJ Presentment is one sided.  That's correct.  That's what is needed in order to prosecute.  And lets not compare this to the Duke GJ.  That prosecutor had the GJ in his pocket, was elected in a poor district where rich Duke kids were hated.  His prosecution of these kids was exactly the kind of pub he needed to get re-elected and he abused his power for that purpose.  In this case, Sandusky was a VERY POWERFUL person in State College and throughout Pennsylvania.  The following are honorary members of Sandusky's charity: John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc. Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Penn State University President Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc. Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles) Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp. Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp. Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods Arresting a guy like Sandusky was going to require STRONG evidence resulting from thorough investigation.  DA did his work.  This is not to say that Sandusky won't have his day in court, but when multiple people over a 14 year testify to being subjected to unwanted sexual conduct by the same person, I think there are grounds for prosecution.  And I think the time frame is very relevant.  If all of the victims who testified were from the same time period, one could suggest they colluded to get the guy convicted.  14 years is a long time.  Collusion seems unlikely.  Finally, Paterno.  Commie says Paterno is the one guy who has been railroaded.  I don't buy it.  For the sake of this, I'll assume that Paterno's only power within the university is the football program.  Commie asks what more could Paterno have done?  First, Paterno himself has said he wishes he had done more.  That alone, dismisses Commie's question, but I'll go on.  Paterno reported to his "superiors" what he had been told about the shower incident.  Commie assumes that is all he could have and should have done (even though Paterno himself wishes he'd done more).  Paterno testified to the grand jury that he was told of Sandusky's actions of a sexual nature with a 10 year boy in the showers in 2002.  Regardless of whether or not Paterno's "superiors" acted on Paterno and McQuery's report, as head of the football program, Paterno could have at the very least elminated Sandusky's access to it.  It is widely known that after the 02 shower incident that Sandusky continued to bring kids around the football program.  I won't go further on this, like by bringing up the 1998 100 page PSU investigation report regarding Sandusky, or other things.  Paterno's lack of actions after 2002, are enough for him to deserve whatever derision he receives.  
    Posted by UD6

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?:
    ud6 no one will read this- you are wasting your time- i bet coults fan hate you too- you suuuuuuuucck In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)? :
    Posted by patthepatriot666

Glad to be around so that I could make your day.  Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The feds are looking at investigating Sandusky given the GJ testimony, if they do, and find reason to prosecute, Sandusky will go down. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

The feds are looking at investigating Sandusky given the GJ testimony, if they do, and find reason to prosecute, Sandusky will go down. 
    Posted by UD6

UD6 - All Commie is saying is that most people around here, like Callahan on WEEI
    have already tried, prosecuted, and put the guy to death.

That my friend is a with witch hunt, and it is the reason we have the Bill (or I should say had) of Rights.

Without the Bill of Rights, Democracy becomes a Tyranny or Dictatorship of the Masses!!

You have the gall to read the press; The lousy lying press?  and you believe them verbatum?  No questions asked?  Whatever they say is true?  Shaunessey says the Pats are not good and you believe him, or worse, you crucify him?  It is just the press, and in the end they are just trying to sell papers.

Just like after 9/11 I saw a short video on YouTube by Ex President Eisenhauer, the only President in my life who had the absolute right to say this, because he was the General in WW II, so he knew the BS that the public was getting.  He said:

"In times of war is the most important times to question your Government!!"

And so in the last 10 years, we are out bombing this country and that, and no one here has the right to question it?  It was so up tight here back then, everyone believing what all the politcians were saying?  Politicians?  Speaking the Truth?  And you believe them?

Ridiculous!!  And now  once again, the people are believing the press is a god, and it is sickening to listen to all this BS.  I am not condoning Sandusky at all, but I am watching the BS that is being put out, and the way the public has tried and convicted him, just like Ellsbury 2 years ago, and yes it is the same.  You have heard of things in both cases, and too many of you jump to conclusions right away. There may be a lot of these young boys, now adults who are lying to get attention. And you can't be so sure they aren't, and so many other things may arise.  But one thing is certain, many other schools, athletics, Boy Scouts and more will start to come out and make public what they also went through, and all that will become of it is the public will finally come to realize what they all were ignorant of is that this type of thing is very very common in our society!!

All I am saying is let things come out and maybe he is a lousy rapist.  Maybe his head has gone off his rocker he's gone insane and he knows not what he does.  And if Sandusky was YOUR father, would you put a bullet to his head?  Or would it simply blow your belief & faith in the world you are living in, or maybe you have a 25 year old son, and that would even be worse, because you raised him and taught him well you thought, so what in h@ll went wrong?  or would you put him down too?

Just save your conviction until the real stuff comes out!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

UD6 - All Commie is saying is that most people around here, like Callahan on WEEI have already tried, prosecuted, and put the guy to death.That my friend is a with witch hunt, and it is the reason we have the Bill (or I should say had) of Rights.  Without the Bill of Rights, Democracy becomes a Tyranny or Dictatorship of the Masses!!
    Quasi, I didn't recall anywhere in commie's comments that he brought up specific commentators.  I put him on being more general in his position.  And if you reread you might see that I said Sandusky was going to get his day in court, but I am, as are others, entitled to draw conclusions based on the information presented.  The basis for mine is the Grand Jury presentment that included testimony under oath of a number people related to an investigation that went on for more than 2 years.  To prosecute Sandusky was not a knee jerk reaction like the Duke case.  This decision was the result of a long methodical investigation.  As I said, Sandusky will get his day in court, but I and others are entitled to our opinions. 

You have the gall to read the press; The lousy lying press?  and you believe them verbatum?  No questions asked?  Whatever they say is true?  Shaunessey says the Pats are not good and you believe him, or worse, you crucify him?  It is just the press, and in the end they are just trying to sell papers.
    With all due respect, the Grand Jury Presentment has nothing to do with the press except that the press made the document available to the public.  That presentment is the primary reason for my opinion.  Further, most of the press that I have read on this topic relates to result of investigative journalism as opposed to the columnists opinions on it.  For example, not in the presentment but learned through further investigation is that relevant charity records from 2000-2003 are nowhere to be found.  Don't you find that to be the slightest bit concerning? 

Just like after 9/11 I saw a short video on YouTube by Ex President Eisenhauer, the only President in my life who had the absolute right to say this, because he was the General in WW II, so he knew the BS that the public was getting.  He said: "In times of war is the most important times to question your Government!!"  And so in the last 10 years, we are out bombing this country and that, and no one here has the right to question it?  It was so up tight here back then, everyone believing what all the politcians were saying?  Politicians?  Speaking the Truth?  And you believe them?
    This is completely off topic and unrelated to the Sandusky case. 

Ridiculous!!  And now  once again, the people are believing the press is a god, and it is sickening to listen to all this BS.  I am not condoning Sandusky at all, but I am watching the BS that is being put out, and the way the public has tried and convicted him, just like Ellsbury 2 years ago, and yes it is the same.  You have heard of things in both cases, and too many of you jump to conclusions right away. There may be a lot of these young boys, now adults who are lying to get attention. And you can't be so sure they aren't, and so many other things may arise.  But one thing is certain, many other schools, athletics, Boy Scouts and more will start to come out and make public what they also went through, and all that will become of it is the public will finally come to realize what they all were ignorant of is that this type of thing is very very common in our society!!
    I think you might want to back off of calling me "the public".  I am very comfortable with my ability to read information and make decisions about whether or not I consider the information valid.  On this subject, I don't know that there is anything that I am unwilling to back up.  I am not saying that my opinions won't be found wrong, but until they are, I am willing to stand by them.  Let's say for the sake of argument, that Sandusky is found innocent.  I've still got problems with him.  He crossed moral boundries (that he's admitted to) that I believe jeopardize kids.  Horseplay in a shower with pre-teens is inappropriate.  And yes, I'll villify him for that. 

And I'll villify Paterno for allowing Sandusky around the football program with kids after Paterno was notified of seeing Sandusky "rape" the boy in 2002.  Proven or not, Paterno knew something happened and testified that he heard it was of a sexual nature.  At a minimum, Paterno could have and should have made sure that Sandusky never again came around the football program with or without kids.   

All I am saying is let things come out and maybe he is a lousy rapist. Maybe his head has gone off his rocker he's gone insane and he knows not what he does.  And if Sandusky was YOUR father, would you put a bullet to his head?  Or would it simply blow your belief & faith in the world you are living in, or maybe you have a 25 year old son, and that would even be worse, because you raised him and taught him well you thought, so what in h@ll went wrong?  or would you put him down too?  Just save your conviction until the real stuff comes out!!

if he is a rapist, he's more than lousy.  If he's proven guilty on all counts, that takes his transgressions back to 1994.  In 1999 (after the 98 season) he was National Assistant Football Coach of the year.  Do you think someone insane could accomplish that?  I wouldn't put a bullet in anyone's head.  If my son committed such heinous acts and I thought I had raised him the right way, then yes, I'd feel some guilt.  I'd ask myself where I went wrong.  As for saving my conviction, I'll let the guy have his day in court, but he's already admitted to enough for me to know he's guilty of highly immoral behavior. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I guess one of the things that bothered me was that Joe Pa reported the incident to his "superiors" as required by university policy.  Yet at the time Sandusky was not an employee having retired in 1999.  Why is this reporting appropriate for someone who is not longer an employee?  True he was a professor emeritus but did not draw a paycheck from Penn State.  Why did Joe Pa feel he had to follow an employee policy in this fashion?  Why not call the cops? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

QUASI, another great point comrade. davidsome, u may want to change your closing quote question now. fact is sexual abuse of kids UNFORTUNATELY is more common than many here would like to believe. in the same way as a society we have learned to not automatically use words like monsters or call for the rape and sodomy of those sentenced for drunk driving or abuse of prescription drugs, we will have to get proactive and open about the sickness and deviant-brain nature of pedophiliac ACTS. u notice i dont talk in terms of thought for i keep it real. i remember reading comments about the olsen twins, britney spears and miley cyrus when they were around 10 in mainstream mags that certainly would imply that it was a contagion in society. even justin beiber, i recall grown men writing that they would do him and not consider themselves gay.

bottom line, we grow when we realize that a sandusky could be someone we love, the monster could be next door. empathy and real solutions and accountability comes when things are open and we realize it could be someone we love. all of a sudden the self-righteousness stops!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I guess one of the things that bothered me was that Joe Pa reported the incident to his "superiors" as required by university policy.  Yet at the time Sandusky was not an employee having retired in 1999.  Why is this reporting appropriate for someone who is not longer an employee?  True he was a professor emeritus but did not draw a paycheck from Penn State.  Why did Joe Pa feel he had to follow an employee policy in this fashion?  Why not call the cops? 
    Posted by provpats

Yours is as valid a question as I have heard asked. If I am correct in the things I have heard or read, the Penn State police may have jurisdiction on the campus.  One of the guys Paterno reported to oversaw the university police department.  Maybe that was all that was necessary. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts