COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY HAS BEEN RAILROADED LIKE OJ +THIS GUY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?

In Response to COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?:
    sorry folks but as a contrarian i listen to facts and have no beef changing my sentiments when presented wITH NEW opinions or facts that no longer are aligned with the initial opinions or facts. i don't like people being scapegoated, there are always at least 2 sides to every story. i like most was ready to hang this guy , paterno and all "enablers" when all the initial charges and accusations first came out but after listening to his side last night on the great new show rockcenter on nbc with bob costas, i am willing to not jump all in on the bandwagon as is. i've seen this movie before including with the  american gal in italy and of course casey anthony. it all seems so open and shut until they have to prove it in a court of law and you realize its all circumstantial and innuendo BS. the reality is that not ONE single kid has come out and said via third party sources that any of them was actually penetrated or touched in any way. yes he showered with them and sandusky to his credit is not pulling a herman cain by denying every single charge beyond all belief including ever meeting with any of the alleged victims. this is america, not syria. the man is entitled to full innocence til proven guilty. words like monster on the shabby evidence as presently presented is INAPPROPRIATE. this is not an open and close case by any measures at this point. more than ever, it seems clear that the grad assistant did not in fact see any anal rape going on but only heard noises and what he ASSUMED was a rape. sandusky's lawyer has hinted that they found the now 20 yo adult who was the 10 y0 supposedly found in the shower and they seem willing to bring him to testify that sandusky was NEVER inappropriate in terms of actually penetration and illegal acts. again, its VERY inappropriate to shower with any minor who is not your own family or child for any reason (or atleast under age 15) but its not ILLEGAL! AND ASSUMING THEY BOTH WORKED OUT AND PLAYED OUT ON THE ATHLETIC FIELD, IS IT TOTALLY devoid of sense that they may incidentally share a PUBLIC shower together? i smell a witchhunt and a lot of tyranny by the majority here. a lot of premature excitation here. if michael jackson could get off, so could this man. now it makes some sense why paterno did not rush to judgment when presented the info by the assistant mccreary. this gentleman could still be PROVEN to be extremely guilty by LAW as more facts come out but if the evidence is more from how sandusky has presented it, no way he should be found guilty and the penn state and the state should pay damages to both sandusky and paterno and others who may have been unfairly unpersecuted. let's see how the FACTS shake out not the innuendo! i believe everyone would want that if it was you or a loved one in the same scenario.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Bad Post! let's leave this for another site. This guy is bad news. Little kids do not come forward. Sell this some where else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?

UD6

then I follow that on with another one: he chose to report it up the chain to Schultz but never went any further?  Why wait a day to report it seeing as Sandusky was not an employee?  why not call immediately the regular cops on campus?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?:
    UD6   then I follow that on with another one: he chose to report it up the chain to Schultz but never went any further?  Why wait a day to report it seeing as Sandusky was not an employee?  why not call immediately the regular cops on campus?
    Posted by provpats
    because thats his best friend. who here would have been so quick to pull the trigger? would not gather your thoughts, grasp that the friendship was over and that your wife who is likely close to sandusky's wife would have to find a new confidante and so forth? would u not want to discuss this with her first? a freakin day is not longgg in this case? jopa did exactly what most decent people would have actually done rather than all the idealistic hysterical heroic chest-thumping thats going on. the university police have jurisdiction. its their call to take it from there and schultz. the man for christ sakes was a ball coach not a crisis manager or human resource executive.

where's the great cover-up on his part? u assume they handled or are handling it? it had nothin to do with x and Os. if sndusky's still there, u dont keep harping about it for u assume it was just horsing around, someone misunderstood what they saw or heard and u get on with things. stufff happens. going forward, with the perfect vision of hindsight, we all will know how to be better. still if i'm a coach somewhere or hr person, the protocol is what i follow. ask ur boss at ur company if he ever wants u or anyone ever calling the cops at ur own discretion oon anyone at work. due process requires u to tell a superior first and then let the process work itself out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)?:
    In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)? : because thats his best friend. who here would have been so quick to pull the trigger? would not gather your thoughts, grasp that the friendship was over and that your wife who is likely close to sandusky's wife would have to find a new confidante and so forth? would u not want to discuss this with her first? a freakin day is not longgg in this case? jopa did exactly what most decent people would have actually done rather than all the idealistic hysterical heroic chest-thumping thats going on. the university police have jurisdiction. its their call to take it from there and schultz. the man for christ sakes was a ball coach not a crisis manager or human resource executive. where's the great cover-up on his part? u assume they handled or are handling it? it had nothin to do with x and Os. if sndusky's still there, u dont keep harping about it for u assume it was just horsing around, someone misunderstood what they saw or heard and u get on with things. stufff happens. going forward, with the perfect vision of hindsight, we all will know how to be better. still if i'm a coach somewhere or hr person, the protocol is what i follow. ask ur boss at ur company if he ever wants u or anyone ever calling the cops at ur own discretion oon anyone at work. due process requires u to tell a superior first and then let the process work itself out.

Where is your moral or civic duty? If you personaly knew a criminal complisent in such a serious crime as these, even if it intaled being part of the cover up it is ok to stay out of it. Reporting the crime to a superior instead of the criminal authoritiies is NOT sufficient. Were you or your child the victom, would you see it as the same? What makes anyone else's child any less valuble? It's getting to the point that it is obvious that you (C.C.) are lacking in the values nessisary to be part of a cival society. You continue to blur the lines of justice and moral duty in the same maner a defence atty. would do to win an argument or case at any cost. The cost being a loss of justice to all of society. This my friend is and has led to the downfall of all societies, makeing you a part of the problem and not one of those fighting to stop and repair the damage already done. You wouldnt happen to be a defence att. and if so " calling it your job does not make it right". Hundreds of years of cival abuse to citizens of this country have and are being reversed, but not yet so for the children, who speaks for the children who suffer silently every day of their lives. This argument has and continues to disgust and make me sick, but I will continue to speak for what is right and just in the hopes of influenceing even just one more citizen to act on his duty because it is my duty to do so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

you misss the point completely;  sandusky was not a PSU employee at the time and therefore not subject to the policy that JoePA followed.  He was bound to report to the police not to the university

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)? : because thats his best friend. who here would have been so quick to pull the trigger? would not gather your thoughts, grasp that the friendship was over and that your wife who is likely close to sandusky's wife would have to find a new confidante and so forth? would u not want to discuss this with her first? a freakin day is not longgg in this case? jopa did exactly what most decent people would have actually done rather than all the idealistic hysterical heroic chest-thumping thats going on. the university police have jurisdiction. its their call to take it from there and schultz. the man for christ sakes was a ball coach not a crisis manager or human resource executive. where's the great cover-up on his part? u assume they handled or are handling it? it had nothin to do with x and Os. if sndusky's still there, u dont keep harping about it for u assume it was just horsing around, someone misunderstood what they saw or heard and u get on with things. stufff happens. going forward, with the perfect vision of hindsight, we all will know how to be better. still if i'm a coach somewhere or hr person, the protocol is what i follow. ask ur boss at ur company if he ever wants u or anyone ever calling the cops at ur own discretion oon anyone at work. due process requires u to tell a superior first and then let the process work itself out.

Who is jumping to conclusions now? 

How do you know what Paterno and Sandusky's relationship is?  How do you know what their wives' relationship is?

Further assuming that Paterno, was ONLY a ball coach,I think is short sighted.  Do you believe that PSU students would have rioted on behalf of any other fired PSU employee as they did for Paterno?  Those students werent' turning over cars for the terminated 25 year president Spanier.  Paterno controlled everything on that campus as it related to the football program, and that is where Sandusky's rise to prominence and criminal acts took place.  

I don't know about due process where criminal acts are involved, but lets very clear here, as it relates to Paterno specifically, a man who professes "success with honor", honor would require more from the man who "built the university" than simply passing the buck and doing nothing more.  Paterno can't successfully use his power to turn away his "superiors" in their efforts to get him to retire as he did earlier this decade while claiming to be just a football coach when the heat gets turned up.  The board did the right thing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)? : Where is your moral or civic duty? If you personaly knew a criminal complisent in such a serious crime as these, even if it intaled being part of the cover up it is ok to stay out of it. Reporting the crime to a superior instead of the criminal authoritiies is NOT sufficient. Were you or your child the victom, would you see it as the same? What makes anyone else's child any less valuble? It's getting to the point that it is obvious that you (C.C.) are lacking in the values nessisary to be part of a cival society. You continue to blur the lines of justice and moral duty in the same maner a defence atty. would do to win an argument or case at any cost. The cost being a loss of justice to all of society. This my friend is and has led to the downfall of all societies, makeing you a part of the problem and not one of those fighting to stop and repair the damage already done. You wouldnt happen to be a defence att. and if so " calling it your job does not make it right". Hundreds of years of cival abuse to citizens of this country have and are being reversed, but not yet so for the children, who speaks for the children who suffer silently every day of their lives. This argument has and continues to disgust and make me sick, but I will continue to speak for what is right and just in the hopes of influenceing even just one more citizen to act on his duty because it is my duty to do so.
    Posted by part-timer
    timer, if nothing else... i keep it real! u choose to keep ignoring my words to substitute your agenda and ideology. look, i run a marketing contracting business, if someone came to me in the same scenario and told me some stranger was doing that or some casual employee, in a hearbeat i would call the cops or expect them to do it with me. i worked as marketing chief for a company once and i found out a guy who i had goitten close to and who was by far the best and hardest worker we had was partying off-duty with an underaged intern at his place with other adults. using your logic i should have called the cops. in the real world, there are always other factors involved. minute i found out, i confronted him about it. minute he admitted to it, i fired him on the spot and kept maximal distance from him, essentially terminating the relationship. my MAIN concern was about avoiding any possible lawsuits from her if at some time in the future something went wrong and she or her parents blamed me or us for the off-premise situation or she tried the sexual harrassment card. did the same thing 10 years ago when a bud sent questionable sexually inappropriate emails to an underling. in both cases, i did a report to the owner/boss to follow it up. in the first case, law enforcement was immediately called up and the guy was eventually arrested. in the second case, we just fired him and banned him from ever coming back to the store. no need for cops.

so dont give me your crapp about not having a moral compass. i'm just being real about life from a business/ownership-management context. making these decisions when there is really no financial or bigger pic risks involved is very EASY. at a pennstate,they do have to factor in the $85M that benefits the greater good and all the kids and parents in that community per example plus as a governemt-owned institution, they must factor in the political implications to benefactors, the public good and so forth. also about the consequences to recruiting and the feds and others using it as a pretense to get rid of jopa and bringing in prying outsider eyes to look under all the rocks.

jopa should have been looking at the possible legal risks to him down the road if that kid decided to sue. that should have been the overriding reason to CYA or cover his buttt and legacy. yep yep, but how about the safety of all the kids in the perfect world utopia.. look, if it happened in my house, yes i would respond like u. in a business with me as the owner/boss, not so much!

if bill parcells or BELICHICK found out scott paoli was accused of something like what sandusky was accused of when he was with the pats, i'm certain it wouldnt be so open and shut. first of, both guys live by the "keep everything in-house" ethic. y didnt we hear about bb harassing underlings with the giants and openly having affairs with secretaries while there and even with the jets (as did parcells). second, paoli is married to parcells' daughter and is the dad of his grandkids. if bb immediately pulls that plug there are long term consequences far removed from just the pats and football. perhaps some of his bad behavior gets leaked too. comprende? if this stuff or escalation is clearly new to both of them and doesnt seem in his character, y would they call the cops and destroy the organization's brand based on an innuendo?

first i would ask if he actually SAW something (i dont get the feeling that mccreary did.. period!).. second would ask in depth if he literally had the kid up against the wall with his junk actually inserted)... if the answer is unequivocally YES, i would have immediately called sandusky to my office and fired him (if technically an employee), tell him that he was banned (if he werent an employee) and what the next steps would be and do all this with a witness or two in the room plus the cops (who i would have contacted before inviting him to the office). after he left and was arrested or couldnt plausibly deny the charges, i would have then followed up with a call to the the higher ups at the university of what my decision was and outlined the entire process and scenario. my only issue is that i do not get the vibe that the choice was this clear based on the info jopa got from mccreary.

if i'm proven wrong, i will apologize. if its as hazy as i think, jopa should sue the university and win.. period! still my friend, its often not as clear as u think. i have a bigger beeef with jim boeheim at syracuse than i do jopa. boeheim clearly had a monste rin his midst and even after the facts come out he immediately goes all in to the side of the monster as opposed to the subordinate EMPLOYEES who also worked there who were likely the VICTIMS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED? WHAT BB OR PARCELLS WOULD HAVE DONE IF IT WERE PAOLI?

again:  Sandusky was not an employee at the time!!  All of your scenarios ld do involve an employee-based relationship; that was not appropariate nor keeping it real

JoePa is not the investigator in this regard; he is not bound to find out what was done to an UNEQUIVACAL point.  He needs to do what any citizen would do and report it and let the cops do it

In a previous post you said he was just a ball coach; now he is an investigator and judge of what happened?  The further you go in defending the indefensible the deeper you dig the hole immorality

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)? : timer, if nothing else... i keep it real! u choose to keep ignoring my words to substitute your agenda and ideology. look, i run a marketing contracting business, if someone came to me in the same scenario and told me some stranger was doing that or some casual employee, in a hearbeat i would call the cops or expect them to do it with me. i worked as marketing chief for a company once and i found out a guy who i had goitten close to and who was by far the best and hardest worker we had was partying off-duty with an underaged intern at his place with other adults. using your logic i should have called the cops. in the real world, there are always other factors involved. minute i found out, i confronted him about it. minute he admitted to it, i fired him on the spot and kept maximal distance from him, essentially terminating the relationship. my MAIN concern was about avoiding any possible lawsuits from her if at some time in the future something went wrong and she or her parents blamed me or us for the off-premise situation or she tried the sexual harrassment card. did the same thing 10 years ago when a bud sent questionable sexually inappropriate emails to an underling. in both cases, i did a report to the owner/boss to follow it up. in the first case, law enforcement was immediately called up and the guy was eventually arrested. in the second case, we just fired him and banned him from ever coming back to the store. no need for cops. so dont give me your crapp about not having a moral compass. i'm just being real about life from a business/ownership-management context. making these decisions when there is really no financial or bigger pic risks involved is very EASY. at a pennstate,they do have to factor in the $85M that benefits the greater good and all the kids and parents in that community per example plus as a governemt-owned institution, they must factor in the political implications to benefactors, the public good and so forth. also about the consequences to recruiting and the feds and others using it as a pretense to get rid of jopa and bringing in prying outsider eyes to look under all the rocks. jopa should have been looking at the possible legal risks to him down the road if that kid decided to sue. that should have been the overriding reason to CYA or cover his buttt and legacy. yep yep, but how about the safety of all the kids in the perfect world utopia.. look, if it happened in my house, yes i would respond like u. in a business with me as the owner/boss, not so much! if bill parcells or BELICHICK found out scott paoli was accused of something like what sandusky was accused of when he was with the pats, i'm certain it wouldnt be so open and shut. first of, both guys live by the "keep everything in-house" ethic. y didnt we hear about bb harassing underlings with the giants and openly having affairs with secretaries while there and even with the jets (as did parcells). second, paoli is married to parcells' daughter and is the dad of his grandkids. if bb immediately pulls that plug there are long term consequences far removed from just the pats and football. perhaps some of his bad behavior gets leaked too. comprende? if this stuff or escalation is clearly new to both of them and doesnt seem in his character, y would they call the cops and destroy the organization's brand based on an innuendo? first i would ask if he actually SAW something (i dont get the feeling that mccreary did.. period!).. second would ask in depth if he literally had the kid up against the wall with his junk actually inserted)... if the answer is unequivocally YES, i would have immediately called sandusky to my office and fired him (if technically an employee), tell him that he was banned (if he werent an employee) and what the next steps would be and do all this with a witness or two in the room plus the cops (who i would have contacted before inviting him to the office). after he left and was arrested or couldnt plausibly deny the charges, i would have then followed up with a call to the the higher ups at the university of what my decision was and outlined the entire process and scenario. my only issue is that i do not get the vibe that the choice was this clear based on the info jopa got from mccreary. if i'm proven wrong, i will apologize. if its as hazy as i think, jopa should sue the university and win.. period! still my friend, its often not as clear as u think. i have a bigger beeef with jim boeheim at syracuse than i do jopa. boeheim clearly had a monste rin his midst and even after the facts come out he immediately goes all in to the side of the monster as opposed to the subordinate EMPLOYEES who also worked there who were likely the VICTIMS!

Again, the Brand, the organization,THE MONEY get the benifit of the doubt and the children suffer. Your priorities alway shift to the side of the MONEY and the rights of the victoms must suffer till  at all cost it is unavoidable. Disgustingly the way the system has shifted leading to the downfall of common society. Interesting screan name, useing the term communist, yet you wish to defer to the rich and powerfull haveing the powerless suffer to avoid causeing indignation to the powerfull.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED? WHAT BB OR PARCELLS WOULD HAVE DONE IF IT WERE PAOLI?

In Response to COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED? WHAT BB OR PARCELLS WOULD HAVE DONE IF IT WERE PAOLI?:
    sorry folks but as a contrarian i listen to facts and have no beef changing my sentiments when presented wITH NEW opinions or facts that no longer are aligned with the initial opinions or facts. i don't like people being scapegoated, there are always at least 2 sides to every story. i like most was ready to hang this guy , paterno and all "enablers" when all the initial charges and accusations first came out but after listening to his side last night on the great new show rockcenter on nbc with bob costas, i am willing to not jump all in on the bandwagon as is. i've seen this movie before including with the  american gal in italy and of course casey anthony. it all seems so open and shut until they have to prove it in a court of law and you realize its all circumstantial and innuendo BS. the reality is that not ONE single kid has come out and said via third party sources that any of them was actually penetrated or touched in any way. yes he showered with them and sandusky to his credit is not pulling a herman cain by denying every single charge beyond all belief including ever meeting with any of the alleged victims. this is america, not syria. the man is entitled to full innocence til proven guilty. words like monster on the shabby evidence as presently presented is INAPPROPRIATE. this is not an open and close case by any measures at this point. more than ever, it seems clear that the grad assistant did not in fact see any anal rape going on but only heard noises and what he ASSUMED was a rape. sandusky's lawyer has hinted that they found the now 20 yo adult who was the 10 y0 supposedly found in the shower and they seem willing to bring him to testify that sandusky was NEVER inappropriate in terms of actually penetration and illegal acts. again, its VERY inappropriate to shower with any minor who is not your own family or child for any reason (or atleast under age 15) but its not ILLEGAL! AND ASSUMING THEY BOTH WORKED OUT AND PLAYED OUT ON THE ATHLETIC FIELD, IS IT TOTALLY devoid of sense that they may incidentally share a PUBLIC shower together? i smell a witchhunt and a lot of tyranny by the majority here. a lot of premature excitation here. if michael jackson could get off, so could this man. now it makes some sense why paterno did not rush to judgment when presented the info by the assistant mccreary. this gentleman could still be PROVEN to be extremely guilty by LAW as more facts come out but if the evidence is more from how sandusky has presented it, no way he should be found guilty and the penn state and the state should pay damages to both sandusky and paterno and others who may have been unfairly unpersecuted. let's see how the FACTS shake out not the innuendo! i believe everyone would want that if it was you or a loved one in the same scenario.

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze and abhor me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED (UNLIKE THE SYRACUSE ASSISTANT COACH)? : Again, the Brand, the organization,THE MONEY get the benifit of the doubt and the children suffer. Your priorities alway shift to the side of the MONEY and the rights of the victoms must suffer till  at all cost it is unavoidable. Disgustingly the way the system has shifted leading to the downfall of common society. Interesting screan name, useing the term communist, yet you wish to defer to the rich and powerfull haveing the powerless suffer to avoid causeing indignation to the powerfull.
    Posted by part-timer
    my friend i am a realist not an idealist. your idealistic appeal to common society is hollow for it has never been. when has it ever been, come on? it was farrrr worse before our time. heck they had legalized and open slavery, forgot about that? plus women were strictly and legally relegated only to the HOME. heck only rich white landowning anglo-saxon males were allowed to vote or rrun for office. 90% of the populatation were irrelevant LEGALLY at the time of the constitution. how is that the good old days? today is WORSE? oh really...

look here's the bottom line on all this, the business of ANY business is ultimately BUSINESS which is ultimately about MONEY and profit. if u put anything over that, u wont be in business much longer. any society or ideology that ignores that wont be around too long either. thats  y socialism never works. after u tick off the job creators and ambitious moneymakers, how are the poor going to give enough money in taxes to feed the military or provide for charity and philantropy? give me a break. 55% of the populace pays ZERO taxes. the 1% pays by far more than its "fair share". get real! become a fulll-timer and smell the roses all around u! i will agree with u that the BIGGER a company (publically traded multinationals0 and bigger the PUBLIC institution (LIKE PENN STATE), MORE HAS TO BE required and expected in terms of standards. they do hace to expand their self-interests a bit beyond just the bottom line. they must consider other stakeholders like the community and society they do business in and around. pstate had an obligation beyond just the football players. sure joe would have intervened or had a different tude if he were raping PLAYERS.

i believe in impact investing and impact ethics. in college, i won a national award for a senior thesis on BUSINESS ETHICS based on social responsiblity and fortune 500 companies expanding beyond the pure narrowness self-interest. just be real and grasp it from their perspective as well not just idealism. the bottom line is till the bottom line but as i said, grasping the bigger interests can be very profitable as well. that was my conclusion in college. esp so for big ORGANIZATIONS. SMALL organizations cant get too bogged down with ur approach. must stay in business and keep the $ coming in!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

you misss the point completely;  sandusky was not a PSU employee at the time and therefore not subject to the policy that JoePA followed.  He was bound to report to the police not to the university
    Posted by provpats

And the reason Paterno let it slide is Sandusky was his buddy. So by knowing the details and not reporting it directly to the police (or even following up on his initial referral to find out what the hell was going on), he abetted the rape and abuse of any child after that incident. That's why anyone who knew of the details needs to go down hard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Posted by provpats

At Penn State, the Police and the University are one in the same. Under PA Law, all Police Officers have equal powers of investigation and arrest regardless if they are State, Local, or University Police. However, the law states that the "local" agency has control of the investigation for an incident that occured in their jurisdiction. They can ask other departments for assistance, but they control the investigation.

The only agency that has jurisdiction to start an investigation at Penn State is the University Police. Even if Paterno contacted State College Borough Police or the State Police, they would have not taken a report and told him to contact University Police. Guess who was in charge of University Police...Schultz. The real question here is why didn't Schultz order his Officers to (at the minimum) investigate what McQueary saw? It seems to me that if there was a cover up, then Schultz was at ground zero.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED? WHAT IF BB FACED THIS WITH PAOLI?

po jopa! I REMEMBER when commie started this thread and got neverending grief from some. yes, sandusky is shady and may deserve some retribution but just like the Syracuse assistant coach guy where a major prosecution witness  came out and admittted to outright lying out of vengeance, let the process play itself out LEGALLY first. If i'm jopa's heirs, I am suing for wrongful termination and premature excitation. They helped kill this man, everyone on that board should be fired as they rebuild the leadership. Throwing out the baby (paterno) with the bathwater (sandusky) was a grave error. he could have finished his season as they did with his son and others then gracefuly let him go. they better not touch that statue or soviet out his name and imagery out of everything. po billy o'brien, this is now his issue too. just hope he's not distracted!

I just do not see what else Joe pa could have done. He passed it up to his superiors immediately, didnt try to cover it up, yet he's blamed and persecuted. Hindsight is always 20/20. the catholic church was guilty of much worse and a coverup yet  we have a pope still chilling it out with with his boyz while a great man in paterno got wrongfully terminated and scapegoated! the mob be damnedd! RIP JOPA!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY AND PATERNO WERE RAILROADED? WHAT IF BB FACED THIS WITH PAOLI?

Paterno aside, Sandusky is probably a pedophile.  His own words and hesitations in giving interviews he need not and should not have given reveal his perverse nature.  I have no idea what his lawyer was thinking.  No defending this guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: COULD IT BE THAT SANDUSKY WAS RAILROADED LIKE THIS GUY?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7809174/syracuse-orange-bernie-fine-case-accuser-says-made-allegations

MR. sandusky may still be very guilty of certain acts and certainly is guilty as is of some cringe worthy indiscretionas and possible inappropriateness, but i still am not ready to lead the lynching party! ditto with this guy. do'nt know if he was a FINE man, but the masses were ready with their pitchforks to make boeheim the next paterno and anoint this guy the new paterno. 55% of all rape and molestation allegations have turned out to be FALSE. not saying there are no real victims. clearly if 45% are in fact true, life must be awful for most of those real victims. but still, media and cops should proceed that its a false positive til there are actual smoking guns not just innuendo and hysteria.

frankly, i'm glad they have set ground rules for him to see his grandchildren and others while he awaits his trial. sad the way paterno was treated at the end. hysteria at its worse. same with mr. zimmerman. frankly, as someone who considers himself collectively and culturally black in my private and ancestral interpretations (as opposed to a clarence thomas fox-news type who individualizes and runs from it it all for self-interest and to not make a sean hannity uncomfortable), i was initially outraged there had been no arrest not so much that he was guilty but that there would be no trial. so far i see no basis for a second degree murder conviction or even a lengthy jail term but let's see what the FACTS spew out.

bottom line is zimmerman like sandusky or fine, may all be found guilty by law but let's base it on the sunlight objectivity of facts. OJ simpson per example who everyone was so convinced was guilty has now been exonerated by a LA  conservative type detective in a new subtle book called "OJ IS INNOCENT AND I CAN PROVE IT" ( i recommend you all go check it out). au revoir!

Sections
Shortcuts