Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL

trying to play chess with BB tells me that peppers is in play. i could see them sendg their first for seymour to carolina along with a 5th or so, then working things out long term with pappers by the end of the week or soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Re: Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL

That's what I was thinking bubba.  It would be great if we could work that out.  Even if it doesn't happen Trading RS for a first rounder in 2011 was brilliant. 

Like I said in a few other threads by 2011 there should be a rookie salary cap in place making that first round pick much more valuable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

I hope so.  My first thought upon hearing the news this morning was that BB could be setting things up to get Peppers here.  If the rumors this spring were accurate and BB really does covet Peppers than why not?  Could we bring in Peppers and retain Wilfork?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

I wish that was the case but no way in hell this will happen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Add Demarcus Ware in 2010....he is better than Peppers  and will cost the same !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL:
    [QUOTE]Anybody want to go to the Sept.14 game with me. My brother can't make it, so I'm looking 4 somebody 2 go with. The price of the ticket($117). I have good seats; lower level(14 rows from the field, Goal Line). U must buy the ticket one week in advance. We can go together or we can meet up at the game, what ever U prefer because I live in Springfield. let me know right away. My Email is mvieu77@aol.com
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE] Dude, enough of this. just start your own thread about this issue and stop crashg everyone else's thread with your begging!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL:
    [QUOTE]trying to play chess with BB tells me that peppers is in play. i could see them sendg their first for seymour to carolina along with a 5th or so, then working things out long term with pappers by the end of the week or soon.
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

I wish but I doubt it mostly because I have heard Carolina official address the issue and they want the world for Peppers and then you have to pay the man for many years to come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

Bottom line with the Seymour trade was they could only have one between Seymour and Wilfork in terms of extensions, they chose Wilfork. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

peppers aint happenin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think it's far more likely he's making room for Brady, and "maybe" Wilfork.  Does anyone really think Brady is going to extend for less than Eli?  I know he's a team player, but he's earned his big payday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

If they do trade for peppers and use the newly acquired 1st round pick i will be totally confused. I can see the trade to oakland if they are investing in the future, but to turn around and get a guy (peppers) the same age who will be looking for huge money does not make sense. Unless bb feels peppers is much better than seymour and has zero questions about his ability to make the transition.

I think this is another example of bb making a decision that hurts but needs to be made to be competitive year in year out-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

Prove me wrong, but i think they still don´t have the cap room to make something like this happen. Peppers cap hit is about 16 mil. $ and the pats have about 10 mil. (estimated) left.  So if they want to trade for him the Panthers have to restructure his deal first before this can happen or the Pats have to cut an other stud to free up cap room. Can they sign someone, then be above the cap limit for a certain amount of time and hammer out a deal with him? Don´t think so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Idiots, this is to clear space for Wilfork... wishful thinking...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

all good posts. trox, u are absolutely distractg my focus with jessica fixation of yours. do u have to make her move around like that? i agree with craway in that the pats have to clear room FIRST for brady than wilfork. but again, the pats are way under the salary cap. they technically could do both but it wont surprise me frankly, if bb trades both brady and wilfork next year esp wilfork. brady's negotiation, i have a feelg will hit hit a major snag whenn bb tries to remind him that he (bel) made him and that frankly, a hoyer could lead this team to the playoff and even a conference finals. brady for now, is the diff between winning once there and losing. stiill, if u are bel, must ask if the difference is work another 20mil? within 2 years, a hoyer could be coached up to do likewise. i dont see bel giving brady eli money. however i can think of tons of other teams that would. bb will go as far as making brady the 5th highest paid qb. anything more and tom will become trade brait too. not theat he's not worth it on the open market, i just dont see bel biting on this. i just dont. peppers is far better going upfield in the sack game than is seymour. bel seems to be most fascinated with that style right now. we'll see....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I like Peppers but don't see him fitting here. Rather they use the 2011 picks to rule the NFL for years to come.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'd rather have a lock down corner.  Anyone out there for $6MM?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Re: Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL:
    [QUOTE]I think it's far more likely he's making room for Brady, and "maybe" Wilfork.  Does anyone really think Brady is going to extend for less than Eli?  I know he's a team player, but he's earned his big payday.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

True, Brady deserves more then Eli, heck he deserves the most money of any QB in the league. But, Brady isn't like that. He isn't going to cripple a team he sees as his own by locking up tons and tons of money, when money doesn't matter for him. He has had money before the NFL, and he still has plenty for after down the road. He isn't concerned with the bread, that is one reason why he is such a great leader on and off the field, and just a great guy. He is the NFLs perfect model of a QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Could it be that the pats are setting up for a trade to get Peppers? POLL:
    [QUOTE]trying to play chess with BB tells me that peppers is in play. i could see them sendg their first for seymour to carolina along with a 5th or so, then working things out long term with pappers by the end of the week or soon.
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

you dont undersand the Pats. they wont pay someone $18M/season

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

I would love that but i just don't think that that is going to happen.  the patriots are too sheap to trae for him because they would haveto pay him a lot of money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

peppers said he wanted to go to a 3:4 team and stand up... with brace in the fold this is a 4:3 team now with an occastional 5:1:5 4:2:5 and a couple of other exotic packages...

Seeing how we are no longer a 3:4 team and Peppers is lookinf for a 3:4 opportunity i would have to say this will not happen...

i like warren wilfork brac and burgess lining up all day with burgess comming off the line when needed as a stand up olb

Either way i would not be surprised to find three safeties on the field very often this year... with thomas and mayo in the middle and chung roving around the beastly line we just adopted

Sections
Shortcuts