Could Javon Walker Be The Answer For No. 3 WR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Could Javon Walker Be The Answer For No. 3 WR?

How spoiled we are. 3 years ago Reche Caldwell was our number 1. We are complaining about our 3rd Wideout. Caldwell would be battling it out with Nunn to make the practice squad on this team.

P.S. I know Caldwell wouldn't be eligible so spare me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Could Javon Walker Be The Answer For No. 3 WR?:
    [QUOTE]Tex, can you believe all the hypocrites out there. Now, I do not comment often or anything, but I have tried to calm some of the "sky is falling" Pat's fans in recent weeks about the 3rd WR spot. I believe we have one of the strongest receiving corps in the league. I mean, sure Aiken is not great or anything but is an adequate #3. Edelman is a more natural slot receiver to whoever said he was the number three...It depends on what package you are putting on the field. I remember at the start of of the '07 season Welker was called the #3 all year while Stallworth was the #2. What Tex was trying to get across is not that we need a "3rd WR". He was saying we need another outside receiver. Someone to play opposite Moss. Edelman may be the 3rd but is still an "inside" guy. Long winded I know, and without really saying anything. So to answer your question, I think Bill would definitely take a look if he were to be released and to clear waivers, even though I think we are pretty good in the passing game already. Anything to help the team win, right?
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]
    the thread states is walker the anwser at the third receiver spot.so this is what people are gonna quote on.regardless if texas beleives walker is the no.3 guy,or not.its open for discussion.scratch out tate.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=5140

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Javon Walker Be The Answer For No. 3 WR? : the thread states is walker the anwser at the third receiver spot.so this is what people are gonna quote on.regardless if texas beleives walker is the no.3 guy,or not.its open for discussion.scratch out tate. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=5140
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Maritime is right on the money. As I stated in one of my posts above, Edelman is a slot receiver. The Pats need some to take some heat off Randy Moss...like Donte' Stallworth did.

The Pats are already a good team. But, to win the SB, they must become an elite team. To bring their offense on par with the 2007 edition, they need another threat opposite Randy Moss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Javon Walker Be The Answer For No. 3 WR? : the thread states is walker the anwser at the third receiver spot.so this is what people are gonna quote on.regardless if texas beleives walker is the no.3 guy,or not.its open for discussion.scratch out tate. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=5140
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Moss don't get upset because you and I had conflicting opinions on another thread. I was simply trying to defend Tex. If Walker were to come to the Pats, I and I think what Tex was trying to say is he would be a better fit than Aiken at the "Outside" receiver position opposite Moss. Not, necessarily ahead of Edelman, who I said is more of a natural slot receiver.

You are right it is open for discussion, but I guess I thought Tex was trying to say something and the majority of the posts didn't really seem to get it. Was just trying to help get the point across.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Javon Walker Be The Answer For No. 3 WR? : Moss don't get upset because you and I had conflicting opinions on another thread. I was simply trying to defend Tex. If Walker were to come to the Pats, I and I think what Tex was trying to say is he would be a better fit than Aiken at the "Outside" receiver position opposit Moss. Not, necessarily ahead of Edelman, who I said is more of a natural slot receiver. You are right it is open for discussion, but I guess I thought Tex was trying to say something and the majority of the posts didn't really seem to get it. Was just trying to help get the point across.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]  I was stateing regardless if texas {believes] walker is the anwser or {not},he posted it for a discussion.regardless of our other opinion.but to go to texas topic.i dont look at welker as being the true no.2 receiver,even though his stats are.to me welker is the best of the slot.so i still would love to see a true no.2 receiver other side of moss.rather if someone steps up from within or from somewhere else.walker at one time had tons of talent.the question is does he still have it?moss is a speed guy,i would love to have a true possesion receiver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Tex, I do not believe we need to be "elite" like we were in 07 to win. Stallworth could have been a number one receiver on over half the teams in the league. We got him on the cheap for two reasons. 1-his image was shot around the league because he failed two drug tests and nobody really wanted to touch him. 2-Tom Brady throwing him passes was a good way to showcase his skills in a year before he could cash in the following year.

Having three receivers as good as Welker Moss and Stallworth, not too mention a QB like Brady, a 3rd down back, that plays 60% of your snaps, in Kevin Faulk and a possible number two receiver on half the clubs in the NFL in Jabbar Gaffney, all on the same team is unrealistic. It will never happen again.

However, to get back on track, Walker would be an upgrade over Aiken at the WideOut position.

That bold italics was for you Moss. WO not WR which could be mistaken for a slot receiver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there all receivers,just diffrent spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, I do not believe we need to be "elite" like we were in 07 to win. Stallworth could have been a number one receiver on over half the teams in the league. We got him on the cheap for two reasons. 1-his image was shot around the league because he failed two drug tests and nobody really wanted to touch him. 2-Tom Brady throwing him passes was a good way to showcase his skills in a year before he could cash in the following year.

RESPONSE: Doesn't Walker fall into the same category as Stallworth? Walker has had off-field issues, has been injury prone, and has had questionable work habits in Oakland. Thats' why he may become available to the Pats. Wouldn't Brady throwing him passes "showcase his skills"?

Having three receivers as good as Welker Moss and Stallworth, not too mention a QB like Brady, a 3rd down back, that plays 60% of your snaps, in Kevin Faulk and a possible number two receiver on half the clubs in the NFL in Jabbar Gaffney, all on the same team is unrealistic. It will never happen again.

RESPONSE: I disagree. Why can't it happen again? Some would say that its' happened in New Orleans. Isn't improving the team something worth striving for? If the Pats could land Walker to play opposite Moss, it would make their offense far more explosive. 

However, to get back on track, Walker would be an upgrade over Aiken at the Wide Out  position. That bold italics was for you Moss. WO not WR which could be mistaken for a slot receiver.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here's what the Patriots have instead of 6'3", 210 pound WR Javon Walker -- they have 6'2", 208 pound WR Isaiah Stanback.  Stanback was active in the NFL in 2007 but had a broken foot in 2008.  At least he has experience and can be depended upon to run crisp routes.  BB liked him enough to promote him after 9 weeks on the practice squad.

Stanback has one other unique quality.  He threw the longest successful hail mary in history -- seventy yards in the air -- as a quarterback.  The defensive backfield is never safe when Stanback runs the end-around.  Talk about the wildcat!

Sections
Shortcuts