Could the Broncos trade for Wes Welker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Could the Broncos trade for Wes Welker?

The more time goes on the morePeyton Manning and John Elway seem to be a match made in heaven.

There was no telling what Elway had up his sleeve this offseason, but we knew he was on track to make this Broncos team better than they were.

As we sit back and watch the progression of Demaryius Thomas and hear how Peyton makes him feel like a kindergarten student, one must wonder if the Broncos could use a solid veteran like Wes Welker?

Most are familiar with the story of Bill Belichick and Wes Welker during the beginning of the 2012 NFL season and his reduced role until forced into action. It’s almost as if the Patriots were aware that he will not be resigning with the team and testing the waters to see if they could go on without him.

An upcoming free agent in 2013, Welker is the franchise’s all-time leader in receptions and would be a valuable piece to the Broncos organization.

According to the Boston HeraldWelker already has his condo on the market and is not house-hunting for a replacement anywhere near Foxboro. The Patriots are likely to sell-high and get what they can for the WR, before they get nothing.

By adding Welker the Denver Broncos might just be the most complete team in the league. The Broncos could solidify an offensive attack that already ranks among the top of the NFL.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/could_the_broncos_trade_for_wes_welker/12079294

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Could the Broncos trade for Wes Welker?

do they have a CB, safety, or DE/OLB that we could use?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well you got to hand it to a franchise that has a elite quarterback and understands that you don't waste years of the guy's career building for a future they won't be around to see, but hopefully the Patriots understand that they are in the same type of situation and keep Welker. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The trading deadline is Thursday but I just don't see it. Welker has been the most important receiver since week 3. There is no one to replace him at all at this point. Hern is most likely out for another 3-4 weeks with that ankle sprain because they rushed him back so I just don't see it.

However, Den has a number of top end CB's and if they were to blow the Pats away with two 1st's well you'd have to think hard about getting 2 1st for Welker

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Umm, Denver ain't winning the SB this year with that problem of theirs on defense. It's actually pretty dumb and/or arrogant to think your team is built in 2 years after they got rid of Shanahan and McDaniels when it's not. Losing Joe Mays only compounds their issues on D.

Manning was brought in to salvage a negative PR situation and save the reputation of Elway himself. Gimmick move. Denver isn't winning a SB this year or in upcoming seasons.

Denver is doing what the Jets did. Trade for Favre even though your team realy isn't built for a SB run yet.  Looks great on paper, fail in reality.

You'll see.  Or, maybe you won't and you'll be so ever impressed with flawed ideological approaches by other teams' front offices.   lol

You sure love trendy things, Hurlie. Your record collection must be really cool! LMAO

Lol you can't deny the donks are a threat espeially the more 5head gets repetition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Umm, Denver ain't winning the SB this year with that problem of theirs on defense. It's actually pretty dumb and/or arrogant to think your team is built in 2 years after they got rid of Shanahan and McDaniels when it's not. Losing Joe Mays only compounds their issues on D.

Manning was brought in to salvage a negative PR situation and save the reputation of Elway himself. Gimmick move. Denver isn't winning a SB this year or in upcoming seasons.

Denver is doing what the Jets did. Trade for Favre even though your team realy isn't built for a SB run yet.  Looks great on paper, fail in reality.

You'll see.  Or, maybe you won't and you'll be so ever impressed with flawed ideological approaches by other teams' front offices.   lol

You sure love trendy things, Hurlie. Your record collection must be really cool! LMAO

You are such a total jerk.  You may have a goog point to make here or there, but it's like a dollar bill under a pile of cow sh1t.  Just stop.  No one wants to hear from you.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think BB would trade him to an AFC contender, especially puttin him with Manning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

You do realize the Broncos have a better D then the Pats right?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah and Hurlie is a swell guy who doesn't follow me around or anything. Keep enabling the trolls, jerk.

I see that you can add paranoid to your low level football IQ.

Tell me, how does it feel to be so wrong on so many things and then run around calling everyone  dumb? What's that like for you? I'd be embarrassed, but that's just me. I'm curious because I want some insight into the mindset of the guy that always sits at the end of the bar staring at his smart phone all by his lonesome...I figured you'd be the one to ask:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

bawahahaah!!!!

Tears!

They have given up ZERO points in the 4th quarter in the past 4 games. ZERO!

I would say that's better.  Oh and passes completed over 20, fuggetaboutit!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think Wes is going anywhere. Not to the broncos at least. He makes this offensE go, trading him now would be a ad thing without an offseason and time to prepare. We don't know hernS prognosis, awine how thisoffense would function less Wes. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

That article is a crummy piece of speculative eyeball-seeking, no research no sources tripe. And no, the Pats won't trade Welker to the Broncos. Never gonna happen. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Broncos have a very easy remaining schedule setting themselves up for home field advantage. To say anything can happen at that altitude, has already been seen by Pats fans for many years. 

I don't see trading for Wes when the Broncos already have Decker and Stokely. Certainly the Pats would prefer Wes than his likely 3rd round value based on half of the season gone, and Wes a free agent.

certainly can see the Broncos as the #1 seed in the AFC with home field, but I think they get there without Wes

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

LOL what a joke.  Who is going to replace Welker for the Pats????  Oh that's right, the board favorite Edelman.  Lets see how that's going this year....

Welker 60 catches 736 yards

Edelman 13 catches 100 yards.

Not only will they NOT be trading Welker, he will be back with the Pats next year.  Book it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No way the Pats/BB are trading Welker to the Broncos!  If they trade Welker (which I doubt they do), it will be with a NFC team....Not AFC, esp the fact that the Pats could be playing Denver again at some point in Jan!

Besides, keeping Welker here, gives the Pats a better chance in Winning a SB, than him playing for someone else.  I'm hoping the Pats can come to an agreement with him for a couple more years after this Season!!  This Offense is superior with him on the Field!  If he is playing for someone else next season, we'll see the Pats struggle a bit offensively.  He is a very tough matchup for most(if not ALL) defenses in this league! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

This was supposed to be Hernandez' breakout season. If Hernandez hadn't gotten injured, I'm sure that Hernandez, Edelman, and the embergence of the running game would have made up for the lost productivity of Welker.

A better question is whether the Patriots as a team would be better off with Welker OR better off with a DE/OLB, shutdown CB, or all-star Safety going forward?

Sections
Shortcuts