Could the Jets go into their bye week 7-1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Could the Jets go into their bye week 7-1?

By what I've seen from their defense.. I'm thinking they can handle all but maybe New Orleans...

Titans at home
    @ New Orleans
    @ Miami
    Buffalo at home
    @ Oakland
    Miami at home

Gd help me if they do! I live in southwestern Ct.. I have not seen so many Jet jersey's today in years!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: Could the Jets go into their bye week 7-1?

Getting a bit ahead here.  Sanchez is still a young QB who is going to have bad games.  Titans are going to be desperate for a win next week.  As you said at NO is tough.  At Miami is not easy and Buffalo based on early returns is not a pushover either.  Put me down for 6-2 but I'd be less surprised by 5-3 than I would by 7-1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

I would be happy with 5-3. Very happy with 6-2. Exstatic(sp) at 7-1. They tend to play down to the competition too often and I foresee a few of those along the way 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

They have a very good D, but I'm hardly sold on their offense.  Don't think that they can hold opponents without a TD forever.  As the games go on, more film gets accumulated to study.  The teams will try different answers to their D and eventually someone will succeed.  Then the copy machines go into high gear.

Every year, several teams start out hot, but most of them fizzle out and become average down the road.  I think their offense will need to improve before they can be the real deal.  They will not close out the season holding teams to 4.5 points a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Could the Jets go into their bye week 7-1?:
    [QUOTE]I live in southwestern Ct.. I have not seen so many Jet jersey's today in years!
    Posted by mjrpatfan[/QUOTE]
    Ugh... tell me about it. I go to CCSU and there have been Jets jerseys everywhere. Funny, they all look brand new and I've never seen a Jets jersey here before. It's only been Giants. Sometimes I feel like i'm the only Pats fan in CT.

Anyway, it's certainly a possibility they go 7-1. I still don't know if it's them that forced the Pats and Houston to play badly on offense or if the teams just played badly. I have a feeling the Jets aren't as good as they seem. Sure, their defense is certainly good, but I'll need to see them play this way for another week or two before I'm convinced. It seems like the Patriots beat themselves last game and Houston did the same. Was it the Jets D? Maybe, we'll see. I hope New Orleans destroys them and all that confidence starts to fade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Giants next 3 are against TB, KC, OAK, so they will likely roll into N.O. week 6 with a 5-0 mark.  N.O. should be 4-0 (bye week 5), that is about as fun as a week 6 game can be.

Sections
Shortcuts