Could the Saints win 3 straight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Could the Saints win 3 straight?

I know that no team has ever done it, but I think it will probably happen at some point.  That Saints have a high powered offense with no holes.  Brees was the most accurate passer ever this past year and their defense is pretty darn good too.  I think their chances are better than any team since the Pats last won it.  I think they have a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Could the Saints win 3 straight?

Not without winning two straight... ZING!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Pinochle is right.

We're getting way yonder ahead of ourselves here. Let's not forget that it took no less of a bonehead than The Human Turnover himself to propel N'awlins into the Super Bowl in the first place. The Saints are good, but it takes more than that to reach (and win) the Super Bowl repeatedly. You need good fortune, as well -- and the Saints got plenty of that this year, but you can't always count on it. I can see the Saints being in the mix in the NFC for a few years, but I don't see them as dominant the way the Pats were a few years back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Add to that, 29 free agents on their team! How many are they able to keep? I don't think many people realize how difficult it is to keep a team together, and be consistently good in the world of free agency. Many players parlay their success into big contracts on other teams looking for some of that superbowl "magic". We have seen it happen with the Pats, it will happen with the Saints.

Does that mean they can't do it? No. But it is hard, and we should first see if they can actually make it to the playoffs again.

NFL tendency is to have a superbowl hangover, and the NFC south has not ever had a repeat division champ!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Saints are one and done.  There not even the best team in the NFC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

No, the Browns, Bengals and Raiders are suddenly revitalized.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

What a dumb thread. There's no way they would win two straight. This just shows how superior the Pats infrastructure is. It's tougher to be a perennial power than a 1 and done champ. How are the Giants doing? The steelers last year? The pats will be back next year, and will put all the haters to rest. I can't wait...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

NO!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

As everyone knows, NFL = Not for long.  The Saints look pretty unbeatable right now, but how many times have people said after a successful season that a team looked like it was ready to win multiple championships, and how many times has the team failed even to make the playoffs the next year?  None of the four teams in the previous two Super Bowls did anything this year.  The Colts were supposed to win their first of three (or four or five) consecutive Super Bowls this year, and it did not happen.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They haven't even RETURNED to the SB and you are asking about THREE STRAIGHT???   What are you, a closet Saints fan??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

No and I will tell you why. Everyone will be gunning for them, I wouldnt be supprised to see Brees injured sometime early next season and they can be beaten.
    In fact I am selling defensive schemes to any NFL team that will totally disrupt and destroy the Saints. Now thats hot baby!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Teams change too much from year to year.  It's not even a given that they make the playoffs next year.  OK, I'll put my money that they make the playoffs, but you get my point.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I was about to start a thread asking whether the Saints could win 5 straight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Who knows what fates the football gods hold? How good would the Saints be if Drew Brees gets hurt? Can they withstand the ravishes of free agency? Time will tell. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

They just won their first and we're already talking about THREE in a row?  Let's see if they even make the playoffs next year before we talk about even a repeat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

How about just start with 2 straight. Holding a team together after a super bowl is darn near impossible because everyone wants your players and their price tag goes up. Anything is possible but even 2 straight is unlikely. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

can't see it happeining, i'm expecting the pats to win it in the next two years, or maybe next year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

The Saints will need to improve their D to win another and dramatically improve it to win two. They would also need to stay healthy and not have much free agent turnover. Good luck with that.

I don't think it is realistic for any team, no matter how good, to win three in a row.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

yeah, they won't win 2 straight nevermind 3....It's not easy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Isn't there a rule in the NFC South that you can't finish first back to back years? All kidding aside I'll say no it's hard making it back to the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl the following year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Could the Saints win 3 straight?:
    No and I will tell you why. Everyone will be gunning for them, I wouldnt be supprised to see Brees injured sometime early next season and they can be beaten. In fact I am selling defensive schemes to any NFL team that will totally disrupt and destroy the Saints. Now thats hot baby!
    Posted by alcondragon

LOL!  Wow....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

The Saints will be lucky to be 8-8 next year............31 of 53 players are some type of free agent or contracts are up...........makes you think just how good the Pats were when they won 3 in 4 years........hard to win let alone do that..........Saints were the feel good story but they will not make the playoffs this year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hswiseman. Show hswiseman's posts

Lot to like about the Saints in my opinion. Turn it up one notch on D and a second Super Bowl is doable. They will start to shed talent on the field and coaching, just the way the league works. Tough to stay good for a long time. Indy took a team in a rebuilding year/new coach to the last game. Also not going away anytime soon. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

You're WAYYYYY ahead of yourself

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

No way.  Atlanta will win the division next year, they were still a non-losing team this year when they lost Matt Ryan and Turner for a while.  If those 2 stay healthy all year, along with their WR's and D.. that's going to be one tough team! I think they go 12-4 next year.  Aints will go 11-5 or 10-6. 

They won't win another one, but will "contend" for a playoff spot for a few years.  How do we know they get as lucky every game as they did this year with all the fluke turnovers, blown coverages, and missed kicks?  I doubt it! Sharper isn't getting any younger.. and they're going to be so busy patting themselves on the back they won't see their opponents coming. 

They have to play Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Minny, Dallas, Cincy, Atlanta twice, Carolina twice, 49er's (tough D, not kidding).  I think the Steelers, Vikes and Cows are going to win.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs take one from them again.  I expect Atlanta and Carolina to win at least 1 each against them.