Could this be a good Omen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Could this be a good Omen?

Hear me out. As some of you may know, I live just outside of Houston, TX....or what I am calling now, Patriots South. 

Anyhow, my son came home from school today and was very excited. I asked him, "did you have an extra good day at school today?"... He says, "yes dad, I won a race, beating the fastest kid in my class, and now I am the fastest kid in my class."...this all happened during gym class by the way.

i said, "that's great news, congrats". he told me thanks and then said, "but dad, that isn't even the best part."....he then told me that because he won, he got to pick a prize out of the gift bag at school. It's a big sack with about 25-30 small gifts the teachers let kids pick out of. The key here is you reach your hand in and just pull whatever out without looking at it...I asked him, "what did you pick"...he said, "a Jamie Collins rookie player card"..."wow" I said...don't ask me how Jamie Collins rookie player card ever got into that bag, especially in Houston..but it did. 

A good omen For the pats? Maybe an extra special day for Jamie? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Could this be a good Omen?

LOVE IT. LOVE IT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That is awesome! 

And Congrats to the little guy being the fastest runner in his class!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Thanks TFB, I wil pass that along to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Cool story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

LOVE IT. LOVE IT

Yeah, I was like, maybe this is a good omen.

anyhow, I have confiscated the card and it is sitting next to my Brady autographed baseball hat and my Yazstremski autographed baseball...maybe I can track Jamie down to sign it for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tell your kid to hold on to that, that card is going to be worth a lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Consider me a believer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

That is so cool. Congrats to him!!!!! He will not forget that moment. Ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Thanks guys. I am getting online to buy him a Collins jersey now. We don't have any Pats pro shops down where I live..haha...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

sounds good to me lifer, here's hoping we're revisiting this thread around 7 pm Sunday!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Very nice story! I remember when I was the fastest person in my class many many years and many many pounds ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

sounds good to me lifer, here's hoping we're revisiting this thread around 7 pm Sunday!

Ditto.thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

agree

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Excellent story.  Southern Miss isnt too far form there...  maybe he has more fans around there.    Great player based on what he showed the last few weeks.... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Very nice story! I remember when I was the fastest person in my class many many years and many many pounds ago.

Me too...now I am the fastest person to the fridge...especially after work and on a Friday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

awesome story!! and Congrats to the young man!!  =)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Excellent story.  Southern Miss isnt too far form there...  maybe he has more fans around there.    Great player based on what he showed the last few weeks.... 

Maybe...I think Jamie is,going to be special....my son too..haha

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Thanks for sharing!  Great stuff.  If Collins has a huge game I'll be thinking about this!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ, why bring that 5hit to this post. This is a feel good post, a Disney/Kodak moment. I must wash myself thoroughly before kissing my son goodnight. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

agree

Disagree, BB is not a good GM. It's all a mirage.  Trade the card immediately.   Any player BB picks that is good is blind luck, regardless if he personally watches tape with the player.

BB is mediocre as a GM. There is just no way any player can be good here. Just Brady.

Babe, Mt Hurl, TCal, Shizzles, TFB12 and others told the board so.

If someone handed you a winning powerball ticket and a bus full of playboy bunnies you would find a way to be negative about it. 

Just say nice story and move on bro...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Hear me out. As some of you may know, I live just outside of Houston, TX....or what I am calling now, Patriots South. 

Anyhow, my son came home from school today and was very excited. I asked him, "did you have an extra good day at school today?"... He says, "yes dad, I won a race, beating the fastest kid in my class, and now I am the fastest kid in my class."...this all happened during gym class by the way.

i said, "that's great news, congrats". he told me thanks and then said, "but dad, that isn't even the best part."....he then told me that because he won, he got to pick a prize out of the gift bag at school. It's a big sack with about 25-30 small gifts the teachers let kids pick out of. The key here is you reach your hand in and just pull whatever out without looking at it...I asked him, "what did you pick"...he said, "a Jamie Collins rookie player card"..."wow" I said...don't ask me how Jamie Collins rookie player card ever got into that bag, especially in Houston..but it did. 

A good omen For the pats? Maybe an extra special day for Jamie? 

That is a cool story! I hope it's an Omen and if it is, I believe your son will have a new favorite Pats player?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

school should reward kids for intelligence not for athleticism... dang it obama!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

school should reward kids for intelligence not for athleticism... dang it obama!!

And all the really bright people that go to MIt, etc should become inventors and philanthropists and research ways to make the Planet and species a better place instead of going to work for Wall Street as they do now-in a perfect world?

Sections
Shortcuts