could we see a diffrent patriot team in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

could we see a diffrent patriot team in the playoffs?

I say this because the pats have been so predictable all season.all there plays and line ups are the same.not much in the trick plays.they signed seau a couple of months back.fred taylor is practiceing now.ron brace has been a no show so far.could all this change come the playoffs.could we see all the tricks in the bag let out?could we see players that have been ghosts just rip it up in the playoffs?could we see formations and game plays totally diffrent then the same ones we have been seeing every week?the pats have been just bland all season.like they are just playing basic football.other teams made there adjustments as the games went on,and the pats pretty much didnt do anything diffrent,but play basic football.I would like to think when they reach the playoffs.a whole new team comes out.ones that no team has faced,or have any game film on.if it happens or not.its a nice thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: could we see a diffrent patriot team in the playoffs?

In Response to could we see a diffrent patriot team in the playoffs?:
    I say this because the pats have been so predictable all season.all there plays and line ups are the same.not much in the trick plays.they signed seau a couple of months back.fred taylor is practiceing now.ron brace has been a no show so far.could all this change come the playoffs.could we see all the tricks in the bag let out?could we see players that have been ghosts just rip it up in the playoffs?could we see formations and game plays totally diffrent then the same ones we have been seeing every week?the pats have been just bland all season.like they are just playing basic football.other teams made there adjustments as the games went on,and the pats pretty much didnt do anything diffrent,but play basic football.I would like to think when they reach the playoffs.a whole new team comes out.ones that no team has faced,or have any game film on.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Well Troy Brown isn't walking through that door.  Rodney Harrison might walk through that door to do an interview for NBC, but he's not walking through that door.  Same goes for Bruschi.  Ty Law plays for the Broncos and Richard Seymour plays for the Raiders.  Mike Vrabel plays for the Chiefs.

I hope this younger, faster team learns the ropes before the playoffs so they don't choke when the stakes are raised like they did in New Orleans.

It'd be nice to see the Pats fire on all cylinders.  Last game was about running the ball.  Check.

Let's beat the weather in Buffalo and move one step closer towards another division title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I've kind of had this guarded optimistic thought myself. In 2007, they maxed out, showed everybody their strengths, got to the show and had nothing left. Maybe Belichick has decided that he's not gonna show his full hand until he has to. Wishful thinking maybe? Maybe. But still, would be great if everything fell into place at the right time like it did for the cardinals last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

If we make the Playoffs we better see a different team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I say this because the pats have been so predictable all season.all there plays and line ups are the same.not much in the trick plays.they signed seau a couple of months back.fred taylor is practiceing now.ron brace has been a no show so far.could all this change come the playoffs.could we see all the tricks in the bag let out?could we see players that have been ghosts just rip it up in the playoffs?could we see formations and game plays totally diffrent then the same ones we have been seeing every week?the pats have been just bland all season.like they are just playing basic football.other teams made there adjustments as the games went on,and the pats pretty much didnt do anything diffrent,but play basic football.I would like to think when they reach the playoffs.a whole new team comes out.ones that no team has faced,or have any game film on.
    Posted by mosseffect43

no, I don't thinks so.  What you've seen is what you're going to get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Posted by mosseffect43

I can see it happening, they have the talent and history to put up a ton of points.  I could see them beating Colts in the dome (the dome would work in the Patriots favor_and the Colts are clearly not as good as their record shows).  The only team that I'd be worried about would be the Chargers in the AFC and then the Vikings/Saints in the SB (I'd rather play the Vikings but I would expect Farve to give the NFC Championship game away like he did agains the Giants in 2007).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I had the same passing thoughts too.  I let the thoughts pass though because BB would not risk missing the playoffs or giving up a good seed by dumbing down his team.  As for injuries, he has seemed more reluctant to put guys on IR this year.  Fred Taylor and Edelman probably would have been on IR any other year.

For all of our woes, a few more plays here and there and we are a 1-loss team.  On the other hand, a few less plays here and there and we are an 8-loss team.  Moral to the story is that we don't have to fix every issue with the team to do well in the playoffs.  An improvement in one or two of the problem areas will do the trick.  Back to the Koolaid...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I doubt they're saving anything for the postseason considering they're pretty much in a must win situation right now.  However teams are constantly evolving throughout the season and it's happenned before.  The Pats were not the best team in 2001, Steelers weren't in 2005, and the Giants weren't in 2007 but they found a way to get it together at the right time.

I think the talent is there, and it is my opinion that defenses can play on raw emotion and step it up in the postseason.  The defense is young and fast, hopefully the experience is coming along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I was thinking of this all day today. Like Shenany said I dont think they will save anything for the postseason , but I do think they could turn it around starting yesterday. Listen this has nothing to do w/ the Bills , Jags , N Texans ,n everything to do w/ us. If we start playin lights out , the dawg$hit sandwhich that is Jamie Dukes n Mark Schelerth will talk bout our oppenents , but I wont by it. I think we really could , this is what BB dreams bout. A team that everyone is counting out in , terms of SB contenders. Team rallies around each other to pick up a team(randy moss)mate. I think everything is there , xcept , well a pass rush , and help in the form of oh idunno maybe a T.E. who will go over the middle. I really think its all there. Then again my name is blah blah and I thought Joey Harrington would be a good QB. GO PATS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I look at the law of averages.  They have had a series of bonehead plays, bad coach decisions and a learning curve.  Maybe the averages will work out in the playoffs and they will win.  I do not see this as a superbowl team at this time.  They need to find a way of moving the ball without Welker and Moss.  Maroney looks good running, but they need the tightends and a third receiver to emerge.  The defense will be ok.  They have three more games to get it together.  They have talent, just not much direction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Sorry, not this season.  Pats to stay competitive but no real playoff threat for another season or two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'm sure BB will add a few new wrinkles but unless Volmer can save our OL and someone on the Pats Defence can pressure the QB the results will be mixed like they have been all season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If they havent done it up to this point im not sure we will see anything different.  There is a small possibility that the offense can step up because of the weapons they have, but I would say that with OBrien at OC its going to be an uphill battle.

As far as the defense, I think we are seeing what are going to get.  It's tough to know what they can really do when they are missing the key to a good defense.....Pass Rush.  Its hard to defend against a qb that has all the time in the world to throw.  I was very critical of the run defense earlier this year and Im not sure how much they have improved, because teams realized that they can pass on this team they havnt had to rush as much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Don't count on it....They are who they are...there is nothing, no trickery that BB has been saving for the playoffs or post season. These guys are in a fight just to win the division.Comes down to personnel, and the Pats just don't have the quality to execute on either side of the ball......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I remain Hopeful. If we don't it's probably one and done. They showed signs of having a pulse in the second half against Carolina. Let's see what they do on the road in Buffalo this week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If they end up winning the division then they will probably play Den in NE.  The question going into that game would be...can BB correct what went wrong in DEN and will he let JM beat him twice in the same year?

If they dont win the division they could still end up with the wildcard and play Cincy.  

If those are thier options then its possible they have a decent shot to make a run.  We all know that they can hang with Indy, but can they close them out.  As far as SD...I think Rivers will shred this defense.

Again this is all speculation not fact. Also, this is the NFL were anything can happen.  Who thought that after the spanking the Pats gave Arizona last season that they would end up in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I don't think it'll come down to trickery. Unless you would call the short yardage FB handoff becoming a flip out to Maroney a trick play. His open field talent is just wasted on that play. What happen to Tom's 4th down line'em up fast an dive? If Tom's to hurt and you want to throw at least run a route that get's you past the sticks with room to turn an comeback. Run a play that rub's a defender off the intended target. Something!!

On D
    If we are going to have a pass rush come play-off time. It's going to have to come from Mayo,Guyton or a safety. To many times I see 2 MLB's just setting in empty zones. Our OLB's seem to get caught up in hand fighting to much. As a rusher. If you have'nt beat your guy off the ball and you can't over power him you must get lower and drive him back. You MUST keep his hands off you. An if you can't get there get your hands up.

If the Browns can look like world beater's against the Steelers. A team that has no hope if they don't get the win. Then anything can happen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

I doubt it - there are just to many weaknesses - including Brady. If Brady was firing on all cylinders, I would change my opinion because when he is on target this team can score enough points to compete w/ anybody.

What happened to the Patriots that kicked butt on the Colts for 3 qtrs?.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Lets hope so. The shotgun offense and no pass rush defense will only result in a first round elimination.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

If we're looking for miracle plays that suddenly make them a much better team I doubt it. We are talking about BB so you know he'll do what he has to and he's not afraid to run trick plays but I think on O all they have to do is shorten the field and STICK WITH IT. This team moves the ball when they run short passing routes and mix in the run and nobody can stop it. When they move away from it and start taking chances downfield too much they put themselves in 2nd and 3rd and longs and that's where the lack of a third (or I won't even say fourth) receiver is clear. 

Where they could become a different team is on D. They need to start bringing people to get pressure. They're one of the worst defenses in sacks and give QB's way too much time. If they can start disguising the D better like they used to when they never put a hand down and bring Mayo/Meriwether and the occasional corner they may look like a different team.

Let's put it this way, if they don't do something different we'll never hang with SD/Indy/Minn/NO and we'd be lucky to get by Den/Cin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Yo fuzzy-the-clown...

In Response to "I'd rather play the Vikings but I would expect Farve to give the NFC Championship game away like he did agains the Giants in 2007 ".
    Posted by fuzzy1

Dear fuzzy1 ~ It's tiresome SoccerMom azzclowns like u that make it a chore sometimes to skim thru threads . You see a highlight reel( Favres OT INT ) and think u will sound intellegent by referencing it every other week . Instead , it just highlights how WEAK minded you are .
        Did u know that the the Packers and Ryan Grant were able to rush for a total of 29 yards in the game and the G-Men dominated the time of possesion ( 40 mins ) against an inferior Packer D ?
    ( Of course u didnt ...why would u let your opinion be influenced by mere facts )
      Favre actually played ok ( 220 yards passing and two tds ) faring better than Brady unfortunately did a couple weeks later in the SB ...My guess is you've never called Brady out for it ( rightfully so , as that too was a  "team " loss )
       The 2007 NFC Title game changed in the 4th quarter when the Giants took over and E Manning / Burress / Jacobs became unstopable . Revisionists like yourself are correct in remembering that Favres' INT ended the game -but dismissing the fact that he was trying to make a play that would keep the Giants from getting the ball back in OT just shows you are a Dan Dierdorf -lovin' Bee-yotch. 

Blaming #4 for trying to carry his flat team is george bush league .

( Note : I'm not a Packer / Viking fan ...just one who likes the record to be fairly reported ...not tap danced on by pink foo -foo wearin' doooshbags like fuzzy1 & friends...U KNOW WHO U ARE )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I think it's a question of experience and coming together as a unit. So far this season, we've only been able to look good in spurts or in games against bad teams. But it's possible to become a complete, winning team in the middle of the season. If Tennessee can do it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

A few years ago the Colts got whipped by the Jags in week 14 or 15.  Jags ran over 200 yards and beat them thouroughly.  Somehow the Colts got hot and tweaked there problems...  Won the Superbowl.

I still think the Pats are capable of beating anyone in the leauge on any given day.  We just need to get hot and start playing nasty.  It's not over till it's over.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I maintain that we are not as bad as some think.  I use the fact that 4 of our losses were games we barely lost as evidence.  I think there is a realistic scenario where we look a lot better in the playoffs:

1. The O-Line looked good with BOTH Light and Vollmer in together.  This possibility was discussed on the board a while back and it came to fruition last Sunday.  Maybe we see more of the same.  If so, one of our issues gets better.

2. BB gets more involved with the offensive play calling.  As pointed out in Reiss' mailbag this week, BB spent a lot of time with O'Brian on the sidelines last Sunday.  We did switch things up a bit too.  If BB continues this, perhaps our play calling will improve just enough to be competitive in the playoffs.

The one issue I can't see an answer for is our ability to pressure the QB.  No secondary can hold up forever if the defense cannot get to the QB.  Unless a couple of players on D pull a Willie Mac on us and become better players in the playoffs, that will be our achilles heal.  Do we have anyone like that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Not unless they can somehow shift to a ball control running offense and score at an incredibly hight efficiency rate and own time of possesion. It's just not in the cards this year. They offense has underacheived and the young defense got it's feet wet and will hopefully improve next year.

Sections
Shortcuts