could you use chung or ebner to shadow bush...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

could you use chung or ebner to shadow bush...?

This type of defense intrigues me since it would have a player focused only on covering a multidimensional back like bush.  Attack his every move starting 5-7 yards deep... Swing passes, routes out of the backfield... Draws, whatever.  Let him know he will be chipped, dogged, molested, hassled the whole game to diminish his effectiveness.

Similar to approach on Marshall Faulk in SB36...?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: could you use chung or ebner to shadow bush...?

With DMC back there at safety, I'd say we're likely to see Tavon Wilson a bit more against either TEs or Reggie Bush.  Chung would be good in 100% run support but that guy takes horrific angles and he can't guard a pass...so I'd say we're more likely to see Wilson and then perhaps Ebner.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I'm trying to find a role for Chung since BB obviously likes him...  Apparently he can tackle in the open field but that's about it... Close to the line he can create pressure and make life miserable for bush.  Definitely do not want him at safety.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If we hit Bush hard we will come out on top.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Use a corner...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Let Ebner the terminator shadow him into a form of double coverage and turn him over to a DB once he's past the LOS. Anything he catches before the LOS will mean pain for Bush.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

They used Ras I in this role earlier in the year. I dont know if anyone noticed but Chung DID play last game but he didnt start and he played near the line as the 3rd safety. Thats his role as of right now. Nothing has really worked out like in preseason. Wilson was supposed to fill that 3rd safety role where he could blitz, cover or play rover.

Its interesting that the Rover defense( one single high saftey, the other playing zone in one half of the field reading the QB) has been the main source of our turnovers and has worked much better than the cover 2 weve seen most the year. Things are looking up for this defense now that DMC is a permanent FS and we are not playing as much cover 2

11. This post has been removed.