Court to hear fan lawsuit over Patriots’ ‘Spygate’

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Court to hear fan lawsuit over Patriots’ ‘Spygate’

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would be surprised at what it actually says on the back of a lot of tickets to sporting events.

Of course, people would also be surprised if lawyers actually applied common sense.

Shakespeare was right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

this guy is such a loser....wanting over 184 million lol thats funny stuff. ppl will try anything to make money....typical jets fan loser who just cant let it go....effin pillowbiters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

so he's saying the Pats commited fruad since they didn't follow league rules. If this goes in his favor that opens the door for a Pats fan to sue the jets for violating league rules when they were called for holding in game at the razor. Both were listed under minor infractions according to the league rule book, but what do I know I'm not an attorney

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

maybe someone will whistleblow all the other teams that did videotaping, and just watch the jests will be the one of the teams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Court to hear fan lawsuit over Patriots’ ‘Spygate’:
    maybe someone will whistleblow all the other teams that did videotaping, and just watch the jests will be the one of the teams
    Posted by kansaspatriot

It already happened. The Jets were caught taping in an area they asked permission to tape but was denied. The camera man was asked to leave nicely and that was the end of that, well until Manrat decided to take that one step further when the Pats tried the same thing

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/12/12/2007-12-12_spy_for_a_spy_jets_started_video_battle-1.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

This is why planes fly into new york

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Posted by whoremaster

What in the hell is wrong with you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Simply put if they are successful I'm going to file a Law suit against the New York Jets and the NFL for perpetrating a fraud against the NFL fandom for their even suggesting that the franchise known as the New York Jets ever produced a viable NFL product for 41 years! I think all I have to do is produce their continual losing records as evidence.Only a Philadelphia Court would even allow such a ridiculous suit to be heard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Court to hear fan lawsuit over Patriots’ ‘Spygate’:
    N EWARK, N.J. — The NFL’s ’Spygate’ is headed back to court. The U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia is scheduled to hear oral arguments Wednesday in a lawsuit arising from the New England Patriots [ team stats ] ’ secret videotaping of New York Jets [ team stats ] coaches in a game at Giants Stadium in 2007. The suit was filed by a Jets season ticket holder who also is an attorney in New Jersey, and it claims the Patriots’ actions "violated the contractual expectations and rights of New York Jets ticket-holders" who paid to watch a game played in compliance with the league’s rules. The Patriots were caught taping signals by Jets coaches, a violation of league rules, during the opening game of the 2007 season. New England won 38-14 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 for that incident, and stripped New England of a first-round draft choice. Carl Mayer’s lawsuit asserts that because other teams also found illicit videotaping by the defendants, Jets ticketholders should be compensated for all games played in Giants Stadium between the Jets and Patriots since Belichick became head coach in 2000. "What we’re arguing is that professional sports is a business that has to respect the law just like any other business, and that teams that participate can’t commit fraud on ticketholders," Mayer said Tuesday. "The Patriots had altered the rules of the game and were playing with advance knowledge of opponents’ plays." Mayer and co-counsel Bruce Afran also will argue that the Patriots violated federal racketeering laws as well as New Jersey’s consumer protection laws by concealing material facts — the existence of the videotaping — from paying customers. The suit calculated that because customers paid $61.6 million to watch eight "fraudulent" games, they’re entitled to triple that amount — or $184.8 million — in compensation under racketeering and consumer fraud laws. Mayer and Afran are appealing the dismissal of the case in March 2009 by U.S. District Judge Garrett Brown Jr. in Trenton. Shep Goldfein, an attorney representing the NFL in the matter, referred to Brown’s ruling in which the judge wrote that a ticket seller only contracts to provide entry to a ticketholder "to view whatever event transpires." An attorney representing the Patriots did not return a telephone message Tuesday. "People pay hundreds of dollars for tickets and expect a fair game," Afran said. "It’s not professional wrestling, where you know it’s rigged."
    Posted by DPapiOrtiz
    Unfortunately for the two moronic attornies they are going to have to substaniate their arguments with facts,inuendo won't cut it! Frivelous law suits are generally dismissed summarilly as will be the case with this law suit. Next case!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Posted by whoremaster

Those acts, commited by people formerly known as Islamic Extremists, are no joke my man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Posted by whoremaster

Why is this guy allowed on here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by whoremaster

You're sick, I hope you get banned permanitly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Posted by whoremaster

LMAOOOO, this guys a riot, and guys whats done is done so what?? u guys probly think its a bad thing if a white person says the N- word, i do all the time and i live in Miami... guys its that kind of thing that blows Dez BRyant's issues waaaaay out of proportion

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

What video tapes? I dont remember no video tapes, and since when do Jets fans pay full price for tickets? Half those tickets were given away because they are and were a losing team. Bret Farve had to leave because of the smell!