Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

Tex, all this act did is this - if the Colts DO NOT win the SB, it all went for naught to claim they were "saving" themsleves for the playoffs.  They actually quit on themselves too early.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think blaming Peyton is a little off base.  I think he's a competitor and he looked visibly ticked off on the sidelines.  Caldwell and the coaching staff are the problem.  Maybe they figured playing starters in meaningless games would be a slap in the face to Dungy who never did it.  It just seems that they robbed the Colts of the major thing they had going for them-momentum.  I don't like the move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Maybe this will have a slight psych effect on Indys players. Now the media will pound them all week on this, and it could show up later on the field. If they don't get to the SB some will blame this game.

Peyton looked like he wanted to vent; he's always been a cry baby anyhow so this is nothing new.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

To your post:
         "I think blaming Peyton is a little off base.  I think he's a competitor and he looked visibly ticked off on the sidelines.  Caldwell and the coaching staff are the problem.  Maybe they figured playing starters in meaningless games would be a slap in the face to Dungy who never did it.  It just seems that they robbed the Colts of the major thing they had going for them-momentum.  I don't like the move."

Perhaps. But, it seems to me that Peyton has enough influence on his team to insist on playing. After all, what are Caldwell and Polian going to do, send him home? Manning has earned the right to make such a decision: http://www.indystar.com/article/20091227/SPORTS15/912270370/1058/SPORTS03/Kravitz-To-play-or-not-to-play-Leave-this-call-to-Manning  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Caldwell has placed himself in a position where, even if the Colts win the SB, he'll be criticized for not going for the perfect season. Worse yet, if the Colts' don't win the SB now, questions will be raised as to whether Caldwell's decision to pull Manning negatively affected his team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more on the cowardly Colts, from the Indy Star: http://www.indystar.com/article/20091227/SPORTS03/91226006/1100/Jets-end-Colts-pursuit-of-perfection-29-15.

By browsing through the comments to the above cited article, you will see that the great majority of Indy fans are really, and justifiably, pissed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Manning was not happy.  The guy looked more angry than I ever recall seeing him look.  This is one game I will forgive him for pouting.  Their coach robbed them of a great opportunity.

The counter argument is not without any merit whatsoever though.  Sorgi is out, and they have nobody backing up Peyton with any experience.  That said, it was still sad.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The Colts fans I watched the game with were pissed. They want to hang the coach.

The refs tried to control the game. The Colts first TD may not have happened if they threw a correct flag for offensive holding. The previous play the defender made the tackle, but both his legs were incapacitated by an offensive linemans holding of both legs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Can't win either way with this. If the Colts did went undefeated, then the media would make them the team of the century.....one of the best ever, blah, blah, blah.

So instead they pull their starters and lose the game. The media now has something to fall back on, which is the age old ridiculous fable of "we don't care about an undefeated season. We are here to win the SB".

Look, ANYONE, who has ever played competitive sports knows that it pure BS. Winners want to win. Period. And it doesn't matter what level you are at. High School, College, the Pros, whatever....all winners want to win.....ALL THE TIME. Thats why the Pats pulled out all the stops and WANTED TB to break the TD record. They wanted Moss to break the TD record. They wanted to dominate on both sides of the ball EVERY WEEK. Thats why they are winners and the Colts did nothing more than give themselves a scapegoat in leiu of greatness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am a fan of irony, Tex. Seeing you write that the Colts were outscored 19-0 after pulling the starters was a reminder that the universe likes irony, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What a treat over at the Colts message board tonight. Here are a few keepers (Colts fans comments in quotes)
    So, instead of pursuing a perfect season for the team it was decided that the beter move would be to rest the starters and protect Manning from injury. So then, does Corky show his true colors and start the first series next week to keep intact his personal record of consecutive starts or does he rest? Should be an interesting show of Character.
    This team is toast. Hey, but they won more than 12 (regular season) games again........
    All of you Patriot/Belichick haters must be having second thoughts about those ruthless Patriot teams huh?

"Yes, I sure am. Today, I finally realized why you guys, in this decade, have four SB appearances, three SB wins and one undefeated regular season, while we have one, one and zero, respectively. It has nothing to do with talent. We have more talent than anyone. It's all about heart and attitidue. You guys have a championship attitude and we don't. And we won't until Polian is gone."

"Today I have a new found appreciation for the evil Patriots. They would Never throw a game and let their fans down like Caldwell and Polian did today."

Now you know why I prefer the Pats over the Colts. Pats go all out!
    "As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree. Belichick never would have thrown a game like this."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Texaspat
    I suppose Manning could have told Caldwell that he was playing whether he liked it or not.  He holds a lot of power there, although that would have been a huge controversey as well.  Can you imagine the Favre/Childress debate but with Manning and an undefeated season as the story.  I don't think it's Manning's personality to be that openly defiant and emotional, he was put in a tough place.  I see you're point about Favre and Brady I think they would have gone to the coach before the game and made it clear they wanted to play and made sure they got thier way.  Maybe not, but they seem like they're very intense players.

I checked out you're link, Indy fans are ticked and seem to be focusing thier anger at the Patriots also.  They should be mad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I can't understand this "organizational decision" by the Colts. They were clearly dominating the Jets, and on their way to what appeared to be an easy win. Then, they have the pathetic Bills next week. 

Bill Polian is trying to micro-manage his team. He, and Tony Dungy, did something similar to this in 2005 when, having locked up the first seed, they coasted at the end of the season. The result? The Colts came out flat in the play-offs, and were flattened by the Steelers at home.

Its' like the case of the scared gambler...scared money never wins. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think the seeding will allow this to happen without the Pats getting beat, but poetic justice would be the Jets beating the Colts in the playoffs.  The team Indy allowed to get in beats them...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is what Jeff Saturday said about the Fans booing them:

“I don't blame them a bit, man,” three-time Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday said. “I probably would have booed, too. I don't blame them. They pay to come see us win games, and we didn't get it done.”

I

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Caraway, The current seeding allows for the situation you are talking about.

3. Pats 4. Bengals 5. Jets 6. Ravens

If the Pats beat the Ravens and the Jets beat the Bengals then it is Colts/Jets in the Divisional round while Pats go to SD.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

If you look at past history the Colts are terrible in the post season when they rest players. Go back through 2004 and they are 1-4 when they rest their players in the last week of the regular season. Only year they didn't rest their players was 2006 and coincidence they won the Super Bowl. Bet they rest Manning after the first drive and end up losing to the Bills next week, also wouldn't be surprised if they lost their playoff game in 2 weeks as well.

The Patriots are the opposite only one year did we rest Tom Brady and most of our starters and that was 2005 when we pulled Brady after the first quarter against Miami. All of our other games Brady has gone into the 4th quarter. So it shouldn't be a surprise if we see our starters play the first 3 quarters next week. Pats do have something to play for in the #3 seed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

...he's always been a cry baby anyhow so this is nothing new.

lmao  So true, so true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It was a curious decision.  I would have thought they would have kept Manning in one more drive, gone up 22-10 and pulled him.  Instead they pulled the plug and assumed that the Jets, who had done little offensively to that point, would continue to struggle.  It backfired and I couldn't be happier.  I think either Borges or Ryan said it earlier this week, that it would be a sore spot around here if the Colts happened to go 19-0.  Quite frankly, it would have been.  That loss 2 years ago was very painful.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SurfinSoxFan. Show SurfinSoxFan's posts

why would you rest your players now, in a competitive game? dont they have 1 more game left then a bye week???? isnt that enough rest??? ok, rest against the bills then you have a week off...... to me it seems like they knew they would have had to play hard in order to win that game and they didnt want to risk injury so they quit by pulling their star players........ Just my honest opinion

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

cowardly.  that is the word i thought of when i saw they pulled their main players. some people wonder why we look down on the Colts, this is one reason why.  they don't have the onions for this sort of thing.  yet they wonder why everyone always picks against them in the playoffs, where onions matter.  at least the Saints admitted they were going for it.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

of course that coward bill belichick did the same thing.  But hey I guess he got back his stones for systemically cheating for 7 years, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

i don't remember belichick tanking games when an undefeated season was on the line.  when was that?  and that "cheating" thing, honestly, it's so passé. 

by bringing that up, you're deflecting the argument away from the subject at hand anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SurfinSoxFan. Show SurfinSoxFan's posts

yeah I guess just like the rest of the league.... get off your high horse

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sevak. Show sevak's posts

i agree w/ surfin .... why do they need all that rest ... like 3 weeks off! you would think they hate the game, why bother playing at all.

Sections
Shortcuts