Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

Johnny Unitas is throwing up in his grave.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sorry Dogg...but the Colts' organization is run by cowardly individuals. How else do you explain the ridiculous decision to pull Peyton and the boys off the field late in the 3rd quarter, with the Colts holding only a 15-10 lead? They pulled them because they were afraid that they might get hurt...and because the pressure of going undefeated might be unbearable. 

Punting away a chance for football immortality was both absurd, and cowardly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Ha Ha- it was worth the "boo-boo" look on Peyton's face watching the perfect season go poof.
    Priceless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - you are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong.  It has nothing to do with cowardice unless you believe that Belichick and the Krafts and the teams that won all those sb's are cowards, too.  They sat.  Guaranteed that Belichick would have pulled his starters during his undefeated season if he didn't want to stick to the NFL. 

As for the pressure, its my opinion that the Colts never felt it.  I hated the decision, but it was made.  And for only one reason, I cannot blame them.  The jets had people like Bart Scott out there intentionally tripping.  That's an injury waiting to happen.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Guaranteed that Belichick would have pulled his starters during his undefeated season if he didn't want to stick to the NFL.

Nope.  Never has done it, never will. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg...you stated the following absurdities: 

"TP - you are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong.  It has nothing to do with cowardice unless you believe that Belichick and the Krafts and the teams that won all those sb's are cowards, too.  They sat.

RESPONSE: Weak. The Patriots' did not sit their players in 2007, when they went for perfection. Don't try to change the subject here. We're not talking about a team with a loss or three that has clinched their division, and decided to rest players. We're talking only about undefeated teams, on the verge of a perfect season. 

Guaranteed that Belichick would have pulled his starters during his undefeated season if he didn't want to stick to the NFL.

RESPONSE: LOL!! The Pats wanted perfection...and went for it! They risked far more than the Colts did in playing Tom Brady against the top sack team in the NFL, the NY Giants, despite the fact that they were missing both starters on the right side of their OL. Furthermore, in 2006, the Pats played what was for them a meaningless game against the Tennessee Titans, who needed a win to earn a wild card birth. The Pats played their starters the whole way, and won.

As for the pressure, its my opinion that the Colts never felt it.  I hated the decision, but it was made.

RESPONSE: Why did you hate the decision? Would you have done things differently? Why?

And for only one reason, I cannot blame them.

RESPONSE: You may be the only Indy fan that allegedly feels this way. Even Reggie Wayne is blaming them!

The jets had people like Bart Scott out there intentionally tripping.  That's an injury waiting to happen.

RESPONSE: Every NFL game, and every NFL play, is an injury waiting to happen. Sorry Dogg, but Polian's decision (and I'm sure that he had the final say), in this case, is indefensible...and was cowardly.

Contemplate this...even if Indy goes on to win the SB, they'll be just another team that had a great year, and won a championship. The Colts threw away a chance to be something special, and to obtain football immortality. As an Indy fan, how can you forgive them for that? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This from an ESPN article on "Wimpgate"...as Colts' fans express their ire:

"...Indy radio shows have been flooded with callers and faxes from angry fans. Some said they wanted refunds. Others suggested the Colts didn't lose to the Jets, they forfeited. Analysts contend the Colts threw away a shot at history."

LOL!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Hey udog,  you misquoted me and I called you on it.  I'm still waiting for a response. 

I guess you can tell me you lost it in the shuffle.......again.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here is a sampling of classic comments from Colts fans on "wimpgate":

1.) I'd like to take this time to ask Baseball's Hall of Fame voters to reconsider Shoeless Joe Jackson. While it was never proven that Joe actually threw a game, Caldwell left no doubt.

2.) Turnabout is fair play. In the next two games, the players should quit on their coach and management just like they did to them yesterday...The players need to make certain that the team is the first to go 14-0 then end the regular season with 2 losses and be ousted in the first playoff game for a 14-3 record...As it stands now, the blunder butt move yesterday will go down in the annals of sports history as one of the most idiotic decisions. Sadly, the Colts have created another bad legacy for themselves, the city of Indianapolis and their fans -- one that won't soon be forgotten.

3.) I grew up a fan of the Baltimore Colts with Johnny U and Big Daddy Lipscomb. Really didn't follow the Indy Colts until I met my Indy born wife 5 years ago. She...has never been to a pro football or baseball game, so for Christmas I thought about flying us out of Florida to Indy for yesterday's game...Sure glad that idea never came to fruition after that fiasco!...the decision to pull the starters was a forgone conclusion long before the initial kick-off. Bet a dime to a dollar that a few million passed hands between the Colts owner and the Jets owner! Do you think the "decision makers" would have handled it the same had their opponents not had play-off possibilities?????? Follow the money trail.

4.) The Colts put a black eye on the NFL. I'm glad they did not run the table, as they had an easy schedule...to pull the starters the way they did was a disgrace to the game and the other teams in the playoff race, and giving the Jets a backdoor way into the playoffs. Only 5 quarters away from 16-0, and with a cupcake to play in the last game, where they would have been up easily at halftime against horrible Buffalo and...taken the whole second half off. Pathetic!

5.) Bill Polian should be ashamed. Not just for virtually giving the finger to 65,000 fans in attendance, but for allowing Jim Caldwell to act like it was his decision...
    All the Colts the Colts did on Sunday was to throw away something that in reality took many years to build. It just wasn't a season's worth of work that he casually dismissed, this was the culmination of a lifetimes worth of work for these players and coaches. This was the stuff of dreams that we allowed to slip through "our" fingers. And also thanks for letting the fans know that this is not "our" team...We are and have always been walking checkbooks and $$$. I guess it is just a business, we just wanted it to be more.

6.) The Colts specialize in hiring milktoast, passive, non-aggressive, take-no-chance, play-it safe idiots.

7.) ...Today I'm taking down the Christmas lights AND Colts Flag. I just don't have it in me to display the colors of an organization which deliberalty lost a game and turned it's back on players and fans. I understand the strategy and so called "logic', but I was actually painful to see the faces of the players standing on the sideline watching a chance to make history being taken from them. I wish them well, but at this point I don't know if I will watch another Colts game. In my eyes this year is forever tainted.

8.) The darkside welcomes the Colts organization.

9.) What an experience for my nephew's first NFL game. He was heart broken because he went there to see the Colts play, not grab their ankles...the Colts have a history of blowing it after time off. I hope the geniuses behind this decision have a plan for keeping the players sharp. We are officially the laughing stock of the NFL today.

10.) The problem...comes at the end of stellar seasons, when Polian does everything in his power to take players out of rhythm, mess with their psyche and their timing...and 'go for the throat' winning mentality. Seriously, he should be banished from town.

11.) We all thought Belichick made a stupid decision when he went for it on fourth down. At least he has guts. Caldwell just alienated the Colts players and thousands of fans, no, make that tens of thousands of fans with this stupid decision...I thought Dungy was a mediocre coach with a passive playing style and now we have an idiot as a coach. Good luck keeping players when their contracts come up for free agency. Who wants to play for an idiot who throws away ten years of building a dynasty? He can’t win now! If the Colts lose in the playoffs he will be criticized and if they win everyone will wonder what could have been.
    The Colts will regret this loss for years to come.

12.) I'm so sick and tired of the Colts playing it safe all the time. What has it gotten them really? The year they won it all, they were forced to keep playing and stay sharp. The Colts decision-makers have no heart whatsoever. They have no soul whatsoever, and they have no guts whatsoever. In short, they are gutless, wimpy, worthless, stupid, take-no-chances, never-gain-anything losers. They had a chance for a once-in-a-lifetime feat, and passed on the opportunity. How f-ing stupid can you get?

LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

bostate - you are so needy.  boy.  here you go. 

a definition of conspiracy (my word)- An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
    a definition of fix (your word)- To influence the outcome or actions of by improper or unlawful means

You say tomato, I say tomato.  Here are your words: 

Fan message boards all over the league are filled with complaints about the phantom PI calls late in games that turn games in favor of the Colts and we all saw the bad spot.   

The "fix" is a constant issue with this team.

phantom pi calls, bad spot, the "fix". - In order for their to be a "fix" there must be 2 parties.  The referees are the NFL's symbol and representative of game integrity.  They made your "phantom PI calls" and the "bad spot".  So you are suggesting that  are suggesting that the game was fixed by the NFL's game representatives (thus the NFL) and the colts.  

Conspiracy / fix - I think I got what you said. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - this is one for the ages for you isn't it?  Have fun.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg...why can't you admit what everybody else, including your fellow Colts' fans, know?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' a great article by Eric Wilbur of the Globe, that really hits home on "wimpgate": http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2009/12/a_loser_mentali.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notatroll. Show Notatroll's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' the Cold, Hard Football Facts take on the Colts taking a dive against the Jets: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3056_Caldwell_the_Capitulator.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

bostate - you are so needy.  boy.  here you go. 

a definition of conspiracy (my word)- An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
    a definition of fix (your word)- To influence the outcome or actions of by improper or unlawful means

You say tomato, I say tomato.  Here are your words: 

Fan message boards all over the league are filled with complaints about the phantom PI calls late in games that turn games in favor of the Colts and we all saw the bad spot.   

The "fix" is a constant issue with this team.

phantom pi calls, bad spot, the "fix". - In order for their to be a "fix" there must be 2 parties.  The referees are the NFL's symbol and representative of game integrity.  They made your "phantom PI calls" and the "bad spot".  So you are suggesting that  are suggesting that the game was fixed by the NFL's game representatives (thus the NFL) and the colts.  

Conspiracy / fix - I think I got what you said. -Udog

No Dog, I'm not needy. I'm just not going to let you lie about what I said.  Your response is a bad attempt at spin.  That's nothing new from you.

I didn't say it was a conspiracy. You claimed I did.  I don't believe that officials discuss ahead of time that they are going to make a phantom PI call in favor of the Colts.  I do think they make these calls though and I have seen comments about it on many teams fan forums. 

You see what you don't get is that if the individual officials act alone it is a "fix" but not a "conspiracy."   See the difference?....... Probably not. 

I also said I wouldn't have said a thing if you hadn't shown up on a Patriots board attacking our team.

If you need to troll another team's board because you have more hate for them than you have love for your own team you're going to catch some crap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

UD, I obviously understand why he made the decision but he just went all in. He just committed to winning the superbowl because anything less now makes this decision a huge mistake. Does this mean the starters sit the Bills out because now it really doesn't matter?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sam:

Even if Indy wins the SB, wimpgate will still be viewed as a mistake, and the public relations disaster that it is. Had the Colts gone 19-0, they likely would have supplanted the Pats as the "Team of the Decade"...and would have achieved football immortality. Colts players and fans will never forgive Indy's management from denying them of such a great, once in a life-time opportunity.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chuster. Show Chuster's posts

The Colts would do better if they could trade management with the Patriots for the playoffs. Every year they rest their starters the last game or two even when they have the bye week. Then they come out stale in the playoffs and are quickly eliminated. They won SB 41 in spite of Bill Polian and Tony Dungy. Caldwell is going with the rest thing again and they already have a bye. The first playoff game for them is Jan. 17 and they are already resting people. It is so ridiculous. They will come out flat and quickly be eliminated. You watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Tex, where I think they made the mistake is doing it so early. If they keep em in and take a W out of the Jets game they probably only need the first half of the Bills game (if that) with the starters and they go undefeated with plenty of time to rest with the bye and no travel.
    Even if one of the starters gets hurt in the 4th yesterday they have time to rest and be ready for the playoffs.

I almost had a better time watching colt fans crying in their seats over the Pats destroying the Jags.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I would rather go undefeated and run the entire table than win multiple SB's. Like Texas said, everyone remembers the 72 Dolphins. You go 19-0 and you are legendary.

Granted it was almost 20 years ago, but I was the starting LB for an undefeated High School state championship winner and I can say that at the time, there was no better feeling than going 12-0. I can only imagine what it would like on the biggest stage on turf.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

No Dog, I'm not needy.  well, geez bostate, you were p.o.'d that I had not responded. 

I didn't say it was a conspiracy.  No, you said it was a "fix".  those words are cut from the same cloth.  I used conspiracy.  I'll be happy to replace it with fix if that makes you feel better.

You claimed I did.  I don't believe that officials discuss ahead of time that they are going to make a phantom PI call in favor of the Colts.  I do think they make these calls though and I have seen comments about it on many teams fan forums.  Well fans (from the word fanatic) are certainly the kind of rational and objective sample that you want to take your cues from. 

You see what you don't get is that if the individual officials act alone it is a "fix" but not a "conspiracy."   See the difference?....... Probably not.  Ahh, so we have Donaghey officiating every colts game but wearing a different face.  I get it now.  Sorry for not understanding before. 

I also said I wouldn't have said a thing if you hadn't shown up on a Patriots board attacking our team.  Um - there are two current threads requesting my thoughts.  I have to respond to my fans. 

If you need to troll another team's board  - It can't be trolling if the fans of the board are requesting my thoughts.  right?  Just because you want to trash my team on this board doesn't mean you will accomplish that without a response.  That would be ridiculous.  the same thing happens on the colts boards. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - I disagree and have said this before.  It commits the team to winning the first game.  After that, the bets are off, because so is the so called rust and rest. 

tp - I disagree.  the only people really concerned about team of the decade (as I see it) are pats fans.  Its as if you have nothing current to root for so root for the glory of your past.  Maybe I am wrong, but that how I interpret it. 

If the colts win the superbowl, it will mean that they made the correct decision.  Defining it otherwise, is nothing less than selfish spin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Udog,  That is a dog sh*t response.  Yeah, I was P.O'd because you lied about what I said and thought you would just move on without answering for that.

You don't get it.  More likely you don't want to get it.

You claimed I said there was a conspiracy. I did not.

Here is your quote again: "And we have people like Bostate who want to claim that there is an actual conspiracy by the NFL to favor the colts."  I never said anything like that.  You lied.

You claim "fix" necessitates a conspiracy.  It does not. Read the definitions you posted.  Read them again.  Do you understand that the reason the words have different definitions is because they have different meanings.   

My reference to other fan boards was to point out that the Colts getting phantom PI calls is being talked about all over the country.  You have to be pretending that that point went over your head too.

You seem to justify your remarks by pointing out that your Colts were attacked.  You attacked my Pats.  Let me point out the obvious so you don't miss it.  This is a Pats board.  If you attack the Pats, your'e going to get a predictable reaction.

Don't lie
    about what I said.  

BTW, I thought you admitted to being a troll in a thread you started on the subject.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

underdoggg is a piece of s hit!

Sections
Shortcuts