Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefedsox. Show thefedsox's posts

Re: Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

I hate the decision they made not to win it all even as I wanted someone to beat the Colts this year. This goes to show they didnt think themselves unbeatable despite their previous record, and are trying to salvage a superbowl by resting players and saving their strength. Its further, an admission that the team is good, but has mostly acheived that 14-0 record by luck, and not dominance of its opponent. In this way, the only team that resembles the  dominant teams of the past, remaining competitive the entire decade, are clearly the Patriots.

If the Colts do win the superbowl, then some may want to crown them the team of the decade. I think its a mistake. Surely, if they don't even get in, (watch the Jets beat them), there won't be any competition from them or anyone else.

To BB: I now feel so much better about arrogantly, but perhaps appropriately going for it all during the "almost" perfect season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Shenanigan - why is it nonsense?  He's a pats fan saw the game and said what he said.  If Cassel did throw it away, then he was intentionally tanking the game.  It would have given the pats a better conference record thus changing their seed to a 3rd. Pittsburgh won their last 4 reg games convincingly. 

What the colts are saying is that the undefeated season does not matter to them and they have said this for the last month.  They proved it Sunday.  As for the resting theory, it hasn't worked for the colts.  Apparently it did work for the Bills.  No they did not win an SB, but they got their 4 times and rest 3-4 weeks previous could not be considered a factor in the superbowl. 

What is going on here is that some are just happy to have something to trash the colts for.  They went undefeated for 14 games.  they've beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times.  They are sick of the colts success, and their petty jealousy has reared its green head.  I wish the colts would not have rested starters, but they did.  I am still a colts fan. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In almost 10 years, the Colts have beaten the Pats in a truly meaningful game exactly once.

Show of hands please.

Who's jealous of that?

Or how about this:

The team that has been to the Super Bowl four times and won thrice in seven years is jealous of a one-time champion?

Show of hands.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

naah, i think u r waaaay off base.  The goal is NOT to have a perfect regular season regular season record, but a SuperBowl ring. Their chances of winning the SB without Manning if he gets hurt in two meaningless games is zero.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Something else matters - an undefeated season.  How pathetically and laughably convenient. "

Well I've said all along I believe that an undefeated regular season is an achievement in and of itself. While I would trade the Pats undefeated regular season for another Super Bowl ring anytime, I remain proud of the regular undefeated season. Interestingly enough, seeing the Colts' disregard for this achievement has actually made me more happy, looking back, that our team went all out. I believe "wimpgate" has cast the 2007 Pats in more favorable light in more eyes than mine. 

Having said that, underdogg, I do believe that if the Colts win the Super Bowl much of the bitter taste in some Colts' fans mouths goes away. I don't agree with you that losing in the Super Bowl will do the trick though. Not if reading Colts message boards is any indication.

I think you're wrong about the team of the decade stuff - sports fans love to debate things and team of the decade is simply a fun debate. My take on it is that the only teams in the conversation are the Steelers and the Colts and the Pats. The Steelers need one more ring to get in the final round of consideration, not looking promising. The Colts with a perfect season would likely have wrested the team of decade honors from the Colts in most fans eyes. However, even with that chance lost, if the Colts do go to the Super Bowl this year and win, I think they will certainly have a legitimate argument. But it was still a head scratching move to pull the starters at that point. Even leaving them in five/ten more minutes might have done the trick, put the game to a point where the decision would not have been second guessed like this. 

That's what's fascinating about this decision - how will the team respond. Along those lines, I was worried the Pats might have lost all their mojo after the previous loss to the Colts. Now it seems they have rebounded, but question marks remain. The playoffs are going to be interesting indeed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

here -

If I am incorrect, then why all of the constant (not just this week) hand wringing about the colts on this board.  Your pats superiority over the colts should render pats fans comments re: the colts limited. 

but the colts happen to be a very very popular subject on this board.  As I see it pats fans are now tired of living in the distant past.   

Maybe you are right pmike, but the masses here certainly don't act that way, do they?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, you can't really take your cues from some of these seasonals in here, dogg(g). They get excited. When the Pats lose to Houston this weekend half of them will be shipping Brady off to San Francisco and calling for Belichcik's head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

bts - the pats undefeated season was an achievement that should be celebrated. 

my only point about colts fans being ok even if a superbowl loss is that the resting players issue can no longer be a question if they make it there.  Only the undefeated season question.  It is now my belief that the colts never intended to play starters significantly in the uncertain weather of Buffalo the last game and that had much to do with their decision against the jets.  Who knows if I am right.

I think the team of the decade thing was decided long ago.  The pats have won too much not to have already earned the distinction.  The only issue the pats have against them is spygate, but if that is diminished, there should be no question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Come on Underdoggg
    The Pats are down 25-13 in the 4th QTR and battle back.  They have a 1:55, 62 yard drive to score a TD with 4 seconds left on the clock.  That drive includes 2 NE timeouts and a spiked ball to stop the clock.  You're trying to latch on to a comment that you know is not true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Funny underdog. We field a competative team season after season. That's not the past.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

bostate -  if you don't want to put "fix" and "conspiracy" into a relatable word catagory.  That's your choice.  A wrong one, but your choice.  Both words indicate a conscious and intentional effort to subversively alter outcomes.  Regardless of the word, your message is the same.  You believe there is an intentional effort being made for the benefit of the colts.  Udog - You misquoted me and you refuse to correct it.  That makes it a lie.  If you want to live with it, that’s fine.  It’s all right here in the thread no matter how much you wiggle.

But here's where I don't get you.  You say the fix is in, but different refs in different games are making the exact same incorrect call (in your opinion) without any communication outside of the game or through the league.  Talk about needing an investigation.  Let's start there. 

Maybe, in the offseason polian got hold of a potion that would make these refs independently and unwittingly make PI calls in favor of the colts.  I know that witch in Snow White could whip up some wicked potions.  Bill probably got all the refs together to toast the new season and laced all of their drinks with the stuff.  Not really sure otherwise how all these refs could consciously make the same wrong (your opinion) calls without discussing amongst each other or through league mandate.  

I am curious how you think this non conspiracy fix occurred.
     This has been addressed in other threads by other posters on this board and you were part of the discussion.  Maybe these bad calls favoring the Colts are because refs are intimidated by Polian who complains louder than other GM’s.  Maybe they are influenced by the crowds at Indy home games.  Maybe they just like the Colts or feel that the Colts were supposed to win and don’t want to be blamed for them losing.  It’s probably all these things.  I don’t know what’s in there hearts and minds but there is an obvious pattern.  Even some Colt's fans have been quoted as saying they are embarassed by the favorable BS calls. Posters on this board predicted before the Pats played the Colts that if the Pats got up by two touchdowns we could expect yellow flags and bogus PI calls.  They were right.  If it’s predictable it’s not a coincidence.

As for other fans discussing, I understand why.  When I turned on the NFL network or espn or the radio, or the internet, the media was talking about the 4th & 2 call.  The following week there was a question about the pi call against Houston.  Nothing since,
    (Jets fans on the Gang Green board were predicting that the Jets would be victim of bogus calls before the Colts pulled their starters and if you just Google “Colts-refs” you can read similar stuff from many NFL forums) but when your team is winning, everyone wants to knock you down a notch.  As a pats fan you should know this.  Yes, I do know that.  That’s why taking pictures of signals that are being done out in the open in front of a stadium full of people and being broadcast around the world is made out to be so much more than it is.  

As for the attacks, I punch back.  You want to punch without a fight.  I don't play that way

You punched first, Udog, I punched back

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

encinitas - forgive me.  I should listen to your outrageous rationale as opposed to the always rational mighty - and the cow jumped over the moon. 

Miami was not in playoff contention, but the pats spot was in contention.  The points that have been made were about teams having something to play for.  In the pats case, they did, and per a pats fan, the pats intentionally tanked.  On the other hand, since resting starters (as the pats also did in that game) is commonplace, please note other pats fans acceptance of this, doing so is not really tanking games since the players on the field are giving it their all.  On the other hand, intentionally throwing a ball away so as not to score, regardless of the players on the field, is absolutely tanking. 

Gee - encinitas - seems your team is once again the team without integrity, but everyone has known this for quite sometime.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The goals are to win the Super Bowl and win EVERY game on the schedule. Everyone has rested players at the ends of seasons. Apparently, Cassel followed orders and threw one into the next county but we weren't on the verge of going on to create meaningful history while winning the game with one of the two tomato cans left on the schedule. If you want to save Yokel Brain from injury, let him sit in the box with Polian. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Undedog....Isn't it slightly hypocritical for you to whine about Pats fans obsessing about Indy when you seem to spend every waking hour on the Pats board?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Thereafter, the Colts were outscored 19-0, leading to their first loss in 15 games this season.

Dang, how ironic is that? Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Encinitas, you're wasting your time with prairemike he's a big time appeaser of the trolls. He chides anyone that posts anything derogatory about the trolls. He's a big fan of Neville Chamberlain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

bostate - I accepted that you did not say conspiracy.  It doesn't change my point about what you said.  

So all you want is a straight game.  So how come you are not complaining that the pats did not get a holding call on Welker return.  A Patriot blocker was clearly holding a colt in front of welker on that long return.  If a spot foul had been called the pats might not have scored on the drive.  

Its ironic - pats fans don't think that spygate was an issue although there was a national uproar about it.  Yet now that there is a whisper about the colts getting calls you want to use the exact same method to make your point.  flip flop; flip flop; flip flop.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg...you stated: TP - Feel free to believe what you want, but the colts are not your team, nor mine, so neither you nor I have a basis for defining for them what sacrifices are or are not necessary. 

RESPONSE: LOL!!! What debating club BS!! Why don't you take the time and read some of the comments made by your fellow Colts fans. 

What I do find interesting, however, is that 95%-100% of the regulars on this board say only one thing matters - Superbowl victories.  That's it.  That's all it has been.  Now all of a sudden, the team that has kicked your team's a*s 5 of the last 6 games

RESPONSE: The losses suffered at the hands of the Colts, aside from the regular season one in 2005, have hardly been a*s kickings. In the only loss to Indy that mattered in 2006, the friendly boys in striped shirts handed the Colts the game. It was so badly officiated in favor of your great Indianapolis Colts, that the league issued a letter of apology to the Patriots after the game. Thats' how your Colts "earned" their SB.  

has chosen to pull starters (not throw a game - like the pats did)

RESPONSE: Do you care to enlighten  me as to what game it is you're referring to that the Pats supposedly "threw"?

for the hopeful benefit of improving their chances for that superbowl victory, and all of a sudden, ON THIS BOARD, a superbowl victory (if the colts are good enough and fortunate enough to win) no longer matters.  Something else matters - an undefeated season.  How pathetically and laughably convenient.

RESPONSE: You pull things out of thin air to try to salvage your indefensible position...thats' whats' pathetic. Whats' laughable is that your Indianapolis Colts have put true believer fans like yourself in such a situation. What if they had simply finished the game, and beaten the Jets, as they should have? They would be 15-0, getting ready to play the mighty Buffalo Bills. Peyton has been sacked a league low ten(10) times this season. Is it so great a risk that he get hurt in 5 more quarters of football...4 against the feeble Bills...that it justifies throwing away possible football immortality? But, don't take my word for it...ask the thousands of Hoosier hellions who are fit to be tied after your teams' wimpish actions. 

You may attempt to stain any earned victory the colts achieve but where you and pats fans who do the same are concerned, the colts possess a teflon armor. 

RESPONSE: LOL!!!!!! Stop, Dogg...pleeeaseeee...I can't stop laughing!! Incidently, do you work on the Bill Polian radio show? I ask because I was wondering if you can give us some insight as to why Blowhard Bill pulled the plug on the show with 10 minutes to spare? Did he quit early because he was afraid of suffering psychological damage from the barage of negative calls that he was receiving?? LOL!!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Its ironic - pats fans don't think that spygate was an issue although there was a national uproar about it.  Yet now that there is a whisper about the colts getting calls you want to use the exact same method to make your point.  flip flop; flip flop; flip flop.

C'mon, you can do better that that.

1/10

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

a whisper? 

Still a complete tool.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Cuban Pete - Actually, he really can't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Evil...you asked, "Pat is there some reason you think we wouldn't beat Houston?"

Yes. If the Pats sit Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Tom Brady down, they'll lose. The Pats are eight point 'dogs...which tells me that the oddsmakers think that BB is going to rest his players. They also might sit the game out to prevent the Steelers from making it into the playoffs.

But, in my Week 17 Picks thread, I've picked the Pats to win. My guess is that BB will play to win. The Pats may strive to keep their momentum from the Jacksonville game going. Plus, BB may deem it important for the Pats to earn another road win.

One other thing, before U-Dogg attempts to equate this with what his wimpish Colts did...the Pats are not 15-0. If they were, there would be no doubt in my mind that they would play to go unbeaten, just as they did in 2007.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

16-0

what could have been Dogg!!!!..........not.........it was stolen from Colts fans....disgraceful

Sections
Shortcuts