Cowher On Spygate

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Cowher On Spygate

Something tells me that the kleague wants to straighten up the mess they made with this

Cowher, PM , LT, jamie dukes and others

Having the greatest coach getting nicked for something that had no real consequence is not good business

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Something tells me that the kleague wants to straighten up the mess they made with this

Cowher, PM , LT, jamie dukes and others

Having the greatest coach getting nicked for something that had no real consequence is not good business

[/QUOTE]

Wait? Jamie dukes?  

[/QUOTE]

Yes he agreed with Peyton, he just repeated the number of AFCCGs and SBs and said that's all he needed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think only high school kids, the emotionally disturbed and attention grabbers still bring up spygate. Another thing not to feed (besides trolls).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Problem with talking spygate is it brings up all the other shady things teams have done in the past, analysts get tired of spouting BS and they clearly show it in their face as its forced down their throats. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, that's pretty much it. BB was just plain dumb to keep it up after the memo. Goodell felt he needed punishing for ignoring him. Only little weenie football fans make anything of it these days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There never was a spygate just a first class imbecile in the commissioners office, whose sole obsession was to destroy the Patriots by any method he could find, because after all his beloved Hess family couldn't get lucky in a whorehouse! As happy as I am that David Sterns is done after this season as well as the idiot whose been ruining baseball Selig, I will be exstatic when Goodell resigns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, that's pretty much it. BB was just plain dumb to keep it up after the memo. Goodell felt he needed punishing for ignoring him. Only little weenie football fans make anything of it these days.

[/QUOTE]

Well I would agree with the weenie part. Football fans understand that the actual taping was legal the violation was for the placement of the camera and ignoring the memo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Cowher, whose Steelers were upset by the Patriots in the 2001 AFC Championship Game, said that the harsh penalties levied by the NFL (a $250,000 fine for the Patriots, a $500,000 fine for Belichick and the forfeiture of a 2008 first-round draft pick) were a result of Belichick's refusal to heed the league's warnings and his arrogance in the face of the league.

The former Steelers coach even admitted that his team attempted to steal signs, as it was common practice across the league.

“We didn’t lose the game because of any Spygate, because of them having any additional things,” Cowher said. “I think if they’re guilty of anything, they’re guilty of arrogance, because they were told not to do something. But it was something that everybody does. The only thing they got caught [was] doing it with a camera. We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game, and everybody attempted to do that.

“Part of the things we had [were] wristbands that we were using to do it. It’s not even an element anymore because of the communications that take place on the field to the quarterback, to the linebacker. So it’s an element of the game that doesn’t exist, and really, what happened when we lost that game is they outplayed us, and it has nothing to do with stealing signals, or cheating, or anything else. They were a better football team on that day.”"

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/01/former_pittsburgh_steelers_coa.html

[/QUOTE]

"SPYGATE"

It's the only thing Pat haters have that floats their leaking boat.

The rest of us couldn't care less.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I would agree with the weenie part. Football fans understand that the actual taping was legal the violation was for the placement of the camera and ignoring the memo.

[/QUOTE]

Kraft said he was a schmuk for continuing to do it. You apparently don't agree with Kraft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kraft said he was a schmuk for continuing to do it. You apparently don't agree with Kraft.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think i said i don't agree with kraft. Schmuk would be one way to label him perhaps add a tad of arrogance in there for ignoring the memo and i think we have a description of his actions.

My point and i think it was your point (correct me if i am wromg) is that the only violation was the placement of the camera and the ignoring of the memo. I think most true football fans understand this concept.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think i said i don't agree with kraft. Schmuk would be one way to label him perhaps add a tad of arrogance in there for ignoring the memo and i think we have a description of his actions.

My point and i think it was your point (correct me if i am wromg) is that the only violation was the placement of the camera and the ignoring of the memo. I think most true football fans understand this concept.

[/QUOTE]

OK...   so what has been established is it was (perhaps) arrogant  and schmuckish to locate a camera in the wrong place (sidelines).  The consequence of which was zero other than pissing off one Eric Mangini and the JETS....    who coincidentally was the team that Goodell worked for , had connections with and was a fan of growing up.

Was this consequence ever discussed in the judgment...? Isn't the consequence of the violation the central element in the decision of punishment?

Goodells actions in this case should be examined and scrutinized to the thousandth degree.   The fact that maybe there is now some softening of rhetoric does not undo the injustice and outright extortion this represents.   All because little roger coludn't keep his jealousy and personal problems apart from his responsibilities of commish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK...   so what has been established is it was (perhaps) arrogant  and schmuckish to locate a camera in the wrong place (sidelines).  The consequence of which was zero other than pissing off one Eric Mangini and the JETS....    who coincidentally was the team that Goodell worked for , had connections with and was a fan of growing up.

Was this consequence ever discussed in the judgment...? Isn't the consequence of the violation the central element in the decision of punishment?

Goodells actions in this case should be examined and scrutinized to the thousandth degree.   The fact that maybe there is now some softening of rhetoric does not undo the injustice and outright extortion this represents.   All because little roger coludn't keep his jealousy and personal problems apart from his responsibilities of commish.

[/QUOTE]

the entire thing is foolish. taping in the wrong place, ignoring the memo, the penalty handed out... all just asinine. the entire episode is just one big over blown issue.

even more foolish is that fans and even some players (see Marshall faulk for one) of other teams that use it as an excuse for their teams failures against the pats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

That half wit Marshall Faulk will cling to it till the day he dies. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And arrogant, obnoxious Philly fans.  Wife and I were on vacation in San Francisco in November.  While having a beverage at the hotel bar the replay of Green's game winning jumpshot at the buzzer over Miami falshed across the screen.  Guy two stools down practically swallowed his tongue.  'Any team but Boston; I hate all the teams in New England particularly the Patriots and Belicheat.'  Guy kept going on an on about 'spygate.'  Finally I said to him:  "You've heard the news about the Roman Empire, right?  That it has fallen?"   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

CRIPES!  Here we go again! Why can't we, as alleged Pats fans, leave this subject alone?? Fact is the NFL sent out a memo addressing this matter and BB thought himself bigger than it.  Cowher, and Jimmie Johnson said the same thing back in 2007! No surprise, nothing's changed! If your goal is to change trolls minds, FUGHEDABOUDIT! Their one brain cell has problems trying to keep "breathe in; breathe out" straight.  

He pushed the envelope and he and the team paid the price. Instand fodder or fans of teams that couldn't beat them, so they use this a a crutch. Only one of two kinds of Pats fans still insist on raising this issue:  1) DENIERS   2) those of the "Yeah, but it's not as bad as (fill in teh blank with any major ofense you can come up with). Neither helps the cause any.

And these same yahoos jam up the well known trolls who habitually show up and poke the bear with a stick. In this case, I ask just who the "troll" is?

BE BIGGER THAN THEM! LET IT GO!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No matter how many times you read to some people that "The New England Patriots had no significant playing advantage" to some people, they'll refuse to let it go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No matter how many times you read to some people that "The New England Patriots had no significant playing advantage" to some people, they'll refuse to let it go.

[/QUOTE]

I have family in Baltimore - their friends never stop calling me Cheater

It gets tiring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[/QUOTE]

Not true at all.  Source?

If anything, there wasn't much of an advantage to it, so Kraft didn't think it was worth the risk in pushing the enveople, regardless if the Constitution and ByLaws were updated or not.

Regardless, how does this change the fact it was never considered illegal until Goodell changed the wording of the rule and how overblown it was?

The fact is, the Krafts and BB had no idea how jealous other franchises were (and are), to the point they would be lobbying Goodell to change the wording of rules behind the scenes to the point a shotgun memo is sent out where no on really knows what it means.

[/QUOTE]

He did say that, but we must take it into context with the whole story

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/robert-kraft-thought-bill-belichick-schmuck-didn-t-155239283--nfl.html

In "Coaching Confidential," an interesting new book by Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, we get a sense of Kraft's thought process when Spygate was brought to him. When Kraft questioned his coach about the actual advantages gained by the use of illegal videotaping methods, Belichick had to tell the truth.

"How much did this help us on a scale of 1 to 100?" Kraft said.

"One," Belichick replied.

"Then you're a real schm uck," Kraft said.

Still, as Kraft told Myers, firing Belichick was never a serious consideration.

"Your wife gets very sick. You dump her? Or your kid makes a bad mistake. It's your kid," Kraft said. "It's your family. How can you get people to dig deep and go through the wall for you if they know you're not going to be there for them when they need you? You make your decisions, you think it out, you get good people, and then you stay the course. And then the wind comes and the lightning comes and you stay the course."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The league screwed up.

It has tarnished its own image and essentially created a sub class of 'spygate morons' who feel they can deflect all their personal problems, frustrations and failures onto the NE Patriots. 

They needs to make an outward statement and apologize for making a penalty way disproportionate to the infraction and mention they suspected all teams of doing this but wanted to set an example. Now they feel it might have been too heavy handed and unfairly stigmatizes one franchise and its fans. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The league screwed up.

It has tarnished its own image and essentially created a sub class of 'spygate morons' who feel they can deflect all their personal problems, frustrations and failures onto the NE Patriots. 

They needs to make an outward statement and apologize for making a penalty way disproportionate to the infraction and mention they suspected all teams of doing this but wanted to set an example. Now they feel it might have been too heavy handed and unfairly stigmatizes one franchise and its fans. 

[/QUOTE]

I see you can't accept responsibility either!

Fact is BB messed in the lunch kit. The league caught him the SAME SEASON they made it a point to notify all teams about this issue. You're insanely blaming the judge for the sentence after the perp was specifically told NOT to do what he did.  Try out your philosophy on your teen when they do this. I'll guarandamntee you that you'll think differently.

When you put yourself in the cross hairs, don't blame anyone else but yourself.

Sections
Shortcuts