Cowher: Patriots are the team of the decade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Cowher: Patriots are the team of the decade

A little somethin somethin to ease the pain of a Manning in the Super Bowl, especially after the kickback that seared my throat as Super Bowl talking heads talked to Eli Manning like he (and not the Giants' defensive line and coordinator) deserved credit for their win in Super Bowl XLII

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Re: Cowher: Patriots are the team of the decade

Eli Manning, just lucky, right throw at the right time and SPECIAL THANKS to a man called A.S. for dropping the ball, the game and the Freaking Super Bowl!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I liked his response to the "spygate" question. Without saying it he pretty much states that the crap was going on long before some unappreciative rat squealed on his mentor.

It's funny that all the haters think the Pats were the only team doing this. I'm glad Cowher makes it clear that it wasn't an advantage and you have to go out and play the game.

Is Cowher holding out for a shot aat coaching the Pats?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Who cares who is the team of the decade? Why is everyone so up in arms about this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Nick - hate me if you must, but it is really convenient that you and other pats fans won't give credit to another quarterback who did just as much as Brady did in winning his first 2.

In fact, the difference between eli Manning and the Brday's first 2 SB wins is the Giants needed a TD to win while Brady had the ball with a tie game and only needed to get the team into field goal range to win. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Let me finish this thought. The NFL Network just put on the top 10 performances of superbowl history.  Brady was no where to be found, but Vinateri was. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg... as long as the Pats have the rings..... everything else is subjective banter! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

SPECIAL THANKS to a man called A.S. for dropping the ball, the game and the Freaking Super Bowl!

Don't forget "Door" Matt Light doing what he does best - Getting pushed around
    Don't forget his twin brother Nick Kaczualty doing the same.
    And lets not forget about Ellis "Toast" Hobbs doing what he does best - getting toasted by pretty much every receiver in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 2/6/2010
    Let me finish this thought. The NFL Network just put on the top 10 performances of superbowl history.  Brady was no where to be found, but Vinateri was. 
     And let me guess, your idol Peyton was listed huh?

Go back to your Pony websites

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

First, I've not seen it....

So, Vinateri is listed for what amounts to be 10 seconds or so of playing time, while Brady, who led the drives to put the Pats in position for Vinateri is not listed at all?  Where was the pressure on Vinateri?  He just sat and waited!!

I wonder, if it is not overall performances, but, the 10 top performances involving a single play?  Did that put David Tyree at the top with his velcro catch? I do not recall Brady or Manning having "oustanding" performances that could be in the top 10.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Rodi - Nope.  But that's not the point.  So many want to anoint Brady (a single player) as the best QB because he has more team titles.  Don't get me wrong, he and Manning are neck and neck, but Brady would only have one superbowl if it were not for Vinatieri. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg....  ??????    So what you have basically said, if an NFL team wins a game by a field goal, the QB gets no credit for getting the team in position for that win?  How many wins do the Colts have by a field goal for which you'd be willing to give no credit to Manning for getting the team into that winning opportunity.

You've just dissed EVERY QB in the league for a win in which the kicker made the kick and saying, "no kicker, no win".  How about..  "no field general, no kicker opportunity!" ??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I always liked Bill Cowher.  Even if he did coach the stinkin' Squealers.  Atleast he knows what he is talking about.  I respect his opinion more so than the opinions you find on these forums by uninformed/hatefull/jealous trolls.  
    On the other hand I can't respect anything that biased hypocrite Tony Dunghole says.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I am saying that suggesting that Eli Manning wasn't responsible for the Giants SB victory over the pat by driving his team to a winning Touchdown (not FG) is short sighted if you are going to give Brady credit for merely putting his team in FG position for their victories..

Where Peyton is concerned, he needed a Vanderjagt FG to tie the game in 2005 playoff vs Steelers (like Brady vs. Raiders) but Vanderjagt missed it (where vinatieri made it).  Yet it is Manning (especially on this board) that gets blamed and Brady gets praised.  

If you are saying Brady did his job, then so did Manning in this instance.  Otherwise, you look at Manning's playoff games and there are not many where the decision came down to a fg.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"but Brady would only have one superbowl if it were not for Vinatieri."

And Manning would have none. Or perhaps you are forgetting the playoff game that year when Vinatieri accounted for all of the Colts' points.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

BTS - Nope I got that, but we are really talking about game winning drives here.  If we play that game, we could significantly alter Brady's wonderful playoff record. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Agc - the performances were game performances and Vinatieri was like #5 for his 2 SB victories (kind of out of place for what they were showing). 

#1 was Doug Williams

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

It's been nothing but a Manning Love Fest these past two weeks.  I'm not even sure who Peyton is playing against tomorrow.  Even the our own Boston newspapers are in on the act.  Shaunnessy and Ryan tag-teamed Manning.  "Oh Peyton we love you.  You are better than Brady."  Slurp...Slurp...Gulp!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg....  wouldn't you say that the offensive mindset of a team when needing a TD v a FG is totally different in the play calling and makes a difference?  In all three Pat's wins, a FG was all that was need to go ahead and in each case was late enough in a game to seal a victory.  As for Eli, it was TD or bust and save for that miraculous catch, a bust was looking pretty good for the Pats.  Overall, we have seen more busts when a TD is needed versus a FG, plus the "avoid a TO" issue.  Unfortunately for Favre, for example, his last plays for his teams have been the infamous pic, to his and team's chagrin!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Brady didn't throw DUCKS.  I've never seen a worse, more inconsistent $100 million QB than Eli Manning - there are passes that he makes that look so bad that I bet I could do better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcsecurity. Show bdcsecurity's posts

Bold (Ctrl+B)Italic (Ctrl+I)Underline (Ctrl+U)Unordered listAlign leftAlign center-- Font size --1 (8 pt)2 (10 pt)3 (12 pt)4 (14 pt)5 (18 pt)6 (24 pt)7 (36 pt)Insert pictureEmotionsInsert/edit linkUnlinkToggle fullscreen modePreview
     Mark this post as a QUESTION

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Underroos- has got to be the SLOWEST human on the face of this earth....
    He comes to a patriots board and expects the fans to praise HORSEHEAD?

Funny if you even say Brady is better on the Indy Star board they ban you.... if you say the PATS have a better record they will prevent you from posting.... UNDEROOS is a CHickenhearted turd..... He knows on this website they even allow the fools to post.\

BTW; Underturd did you make it home okay in the big blizzard- or did you have to stay home with a snow day?

Again YOU are in the PATRIOTS forum- not the HORSESH*T HEaven....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Will Underdogg please go to the local Indianapolis site. message board, paper whatever it is called.!!! PLEASE .. dude really.. I haven't even read all of the posts after yours.

I wonder what the hell you do that you can spend all this time HERE.. and I assume still post on a Colts board......... Your team is in the SB tomorrow.. WHY ARE YOU HERE...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

"Who cares who is the team of the decade? Why is everyone so up in arms about this?"

I's an inadequacy thing -- "my p*n*s is bigger than yours!" Notice there are no females posting about this? It's only certain GUYS who are arguing about this til they're red in the face. OK, pats won one more game this decade, they're the best. now go in the corner, make yourself happy, and come out and join the human race. jeez, folks, grow up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Underdogg is here because this is the site for the team that his team will forever try to aspire to.

Sections
Shortcuts