crable back home!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: crable back home!

Yeah, let's make up some explanations for Crable being shelved that would make John Nash's head spin. That's logical. Or maybe he failed his conditioning run? I know Crable has been the model of heart and work ethic the last few years, but isn't it possible here that he's just not motivated enough to be an NFL football player? Is that possible guys? Don't try to think too hard here...

I mean, just because this guy was a decent player at UM doesn't guarantee success. Even then he wasn't round 1 talent like another bust, Vernon Gholston. Please let this guy go....

In Response to Re: crable back home!:
    Alright, so I buy some of the explanations, maybe it's just a roster manipulation thing.  And some of you guys have said what I've thought about recently -- why would BB bother to keep him around unless Crable's injury woes are legit, because he clearly must see something in the guy.  I've heard of the NFL version of redshirting -- practice squad, IR, PUP -- being used to stash developmental players.  But I cannot believe that Belichick would keep him around for a third year if he's hurt again.  
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to crable back home!:
    to all of you out there who have been touting crable as the starting OLB and missing piece to the pass rush problem, he was placed on the PUP list today. what a shocker. i have a feeling this guy gets cut before he even sees the practice field. he must have bruised his shins again. lets hope cunnigham is a fast learner, and/or a decent veteran hits the waiver wires....
    Posted by artielang

Can we PLEASE stop talking about Crable.  He doesn't desreve any analysis or comments.  Why waste your time?  Unless he comes out and surprises the hell out of everyone, he won't be on the team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I love Crable. I hope they renegotiate his contract because he's a good club house guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

stick a fork in him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: crable back home! : Yes. I also hope they name the new wing of the Sauna Room after him too.  lol
    Posted by russgriswold

What they oughta do is make him build it for the money he's making. He's gotta earn his keep some how.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I love Crable. I hope they renegotiate his contract because he's a good club house guy.
    Posted by ewhite1065

He has lot of experience being a club houe guy.Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbobbo. Show bbobbo's posts

Let me try a twist on ewhite's comment about them doing this at every camp.  I do think BB plays the roster count game, and plays it often.  Having 3 players on the active PUP means we can evaluate 3 more players on the roster before we have to cut them.  Now imagine a scenario where BB is looking at who he needs to cut to get to the 80 man roster limit, he thinks to himself that he'd really like to get a better look at some of these players he would have to cut, he then places anyone with so much as a scratch on the active PUP? I might be entirely wrong here, but anyone who thinks BB doesn't play the roster numbers game well would also be wrong.
    Posted by carawaydj

active pup players count against the 80-man roster limit. so bb isn't doing this to evaluate other players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

=)

I'm going to save this forum for a cold November night, I'm thinking November 21st, after Shawn Crable had a terrific game disrupting that week's opposing QB. 

I'll bring it out. I'll also bring this thread out after October 21st, 28th and December 19. 

Have your fun now, Gentlemen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: crable back home! : active pup players count against the 80-man roster limit. so bb isn't doing this to evaluate other players.
    Posted by bbobbo

Not according to the media reports today.  I'm not saying BB is definitely doing that, only that it's a possibility.  No matter what the scenario or reason, it doesn't look good for Crable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Seems like a motivation shot across his bow. Otherwise, they'd cut him.
    Posted by stucknsnow

I'll buy that. There's got to be a reason Belichick didn't cut his @ss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

its hard to believe people are still making excuses for this guy. welker makes sense; good idea to be cautious and he obviously knows this offense and his role inside and out. weston - no surprise there. he probably failed his conditioning test. he's a big guy and missed all of rookie camp because of work visa issues (hes from trinidad i think). plus he is a fringe player. no shot of making the team, he is just hoping to get on the practice squad. 
    as for crable, we dont know if he failed his conditioning test or bruised his shins while swimming (his new low impact workout routine). but i find it hard to believe that he failed his conditioning test based on the fact that he has stated that he has spent the past two years working out. so he must have yet another injury. but the truth is that either way, this is a very bad sign for him. as for being cut, there was no particular need to do it today, but if another player BB likes becomes available, its adios crable. and if that doesnt happen, he will be gone at some point barring some miraculous turnaround. there is just no possible way that anyone on this team can have any confidence left in him at this point.
    shawn we hardly knew ya. goodbye. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Cut

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I hope you're right 49. I respect your unbreakable confidence in the guy, but I just don't see it. Usually true Patriots make some sort of breakthrough in year 1 or two, and it just hasn't been there for Shawn.

=) I'm going to save this forum for a cold November night, I'm thinking November 21st, after Shawn Crable had a terrific game disrupting that week's opposing QB.  I'll bring it out. I'll also bring this thread out after October 21st, 28th and December 19.  Have your fun now, Gentlemen.
    Posted by 49Patriots

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

What a bunch of whiners on this post.  You have no idea what the Pats are doing, so stop complaining.  Go an the Jets post.  Do you not think they know what they are doing, and if Crable is hurt or not what they want, they will get rid of him.  Get a life!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There's no way this guy is hurt, he failed the run and the team is doing a wonderful and deserved job of embarasing him. If he did in fact fail the run, which I believe he did, I'd leak that he failed the run, embarass him every day and then cut him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What a bunch of whiners on this post.  You have no idea what the Pats are doing, so stop complaining.  Go an the Jets post.  Do you not think they know what they are doing, and if Crable is hurt or not what they want, they will get rid of him.  Get a life!
    Posted by boomerst3

OK guys, let's all put away the keyboards now.  The forum police showed up to bust the party.  Yet another variation of the "you don't know what the Pats are doing, so why post" theme.  I'll notify the Globe now that the forums should be closed for good.  Since none of us work for the Pats, none of us really know what we are talking about.  We should all just go home and not discuss anything about the Pats except what we actually see on the field.  And while we're at it, let's not discuss the Pats with friends, family, or co-workers either.  After all, isn't speculating at home or work just as bad as speculating here?  

If we all listen to boomer's advice, football will finally be as exciting as....golf.

On another note, since none of us work for the Pats and none of us know what we are talking about, do you think Gasper feels threatened by us?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Crable the fable, not very able, fell off the trainer's table, and all the kings horses and all the kind's men...huh?...buried him in the stable...huh?...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

"Go an the Jets post." Huh?
    "Do you not think they know what they are doing..."

Are you Albert Breer? I recognize your writing style anywhere.

Posted by boomerst3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbobbo. Show bbobbo's posts

In Response to Re: crable back home! : Not according to the media reports today.  I'm not saying BB is definitely doing that, only that it's a possibility.  No matter what the scenario or reason, it doesn't look good for Crable.
    Posted by carawaydj

it seems like there is a lot of confusion in the media regarding the active pup and the 80-man roster limit. if you google "active pup 80-man roster", you will find that half the results (this includes a lot of stories in the media) say that the player counts against the limit, and the other half say that the player doesn't count against the limit.

the most definitive link i've found is this one, which specifically addresses the rules regarding the active pup (rather than just mentioning the roster limit in the context of another story):

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner~y2009m7d28-Clarifying-NFL-rules-on-the-physically-unable-to-perform-PUP-list

to quote from it:

The Active PUP is for players that have some form of injury that will prevent them from starting training camp.

If placed on Active PUP, a player can rehab and participate in team meetings but cannot practice.

A player has to be placed on Active PUP before he begins training camp, so that's why you're seeing the stories popping up now.

A player on Active PUP can be removed from the list at any time during camp.

A player on Active PUP counts against the league mandated roster limit (currently 80).

And one of the most important rules, a player must be on Active PUP in order to be considered for Reserve PUP. 

At the end of preseason, if an Active PUP player is still several weeks away from being able to play, the team may place him on Reserve PUP.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm sorry Laz, this comment is ridiculously stupid (where you being sarcastic?):

"but IF Crable Is NOT injured (and we've gotten not 1 single news report that he IS), Then this IS a smart move by BB hedging his bets so to say, and keeping Crable healthy..."

There's no need to put Crable on any list to keep him healthy. BB keeps veterans who actually have heart and work ethic (unlike Crable) off the practice field when he wants to. In many instances players like Brady, Faulk, and Moss are given days off to rest their body. Again, no need to put Crable on a list. 

Using your assumption, BB loves Crable. Then why put him on a list that BB knows will lead to widespread criticism of Crable instead of just letting him take it easy during camp? I think it's more likely that BB thinks Crable is a turd and wants to embarrass him.

Furthermore, it makes no sense to protect Crable since the guy hasn't put on pads in almost over a year. If anything, he needs to prove himself. This assumption that BB is protecting him because he's so valuable is just delusional.

Send back some mental gymnastics that actually make your point, or, even better, an example where this has happened in the NFL before.    

" active pup players count against the 80-man roster limit. so bb isn't doing this to evaluate other players ."     ~bbobbo   bbobbo and ALL : See bb~ what you and others are failing to see Is that Belichick certainly COULD be doing this for Shawn Crable's and the team's overall benefit... HERE'S WHY: The ACTIVE PUP :  ~ You ARE correct, In that when placed on the Active PUP, These players still DO count against the roster limit...But see, THAT Roster Limit IS 80 freakin' guys, and NOT The 53 Man Roster Limit that each NFL Team has as the maximum when the actual Regular Season begins...So sheez, WHO cares about Crable actually counting when it's 80 PLAYERS total? ~ BUT now, There ARE benefits to placing Shawn Crable on The ACTIVE PUP right now: #1- Can still go to ALL team meetings & team functions, He JUST CANNOT Practice himself...In otherwords, Possiibly saving Crable from a pointless injury occuring at a practice...  I.E. Crable getting ALL the benefits of knowing WHAT's happening in schemes, filmwork, functions, and meetings, JUST not getting the potential to get hurt on some ridiculous freak random play in a practice. #2- By placing Shawn Crable ON the PUP, Crable CAN get activated at ANY time whatsoever, UP until Week #6 of The Regular Season...  So theoretically say Crable IS fine, But Belichick doesn't like the look and play of his other Outside Linebackers, OR 1 or more of those OTHER Outside Linebackers get injured themselves, OR IF and when Bill Belichick says, "Alright, we got through this training camp thing AND these pointless (and numerous) Preseason Games," Belichick can NOW "hedge his bets" on Crable NOT getting hurt, BY activating him at ANY time- Up until AND through Week #6 and/or at ANY time during the Preseason. #3-   ANY and ALL players NEED to be on the Active PUP, In order to IF/When be placed on the Reserve PUP (IF the coach so chooses to do so)...AND It IS the case with the Reserve PUP, That the players on here (reserve pup), Do NOT count against the 53 man roster limit when the season begins...  Now, THIS means that: For instance once more, Belichick DOES want to see IF his other OLBs get injured and/or play sub-par...NOW Bill Belichick up until Week #6, Has an extra guy, a Fresh & Uninjured OLB in Shawn Crable, Which he stashed away.  Because, ya put Crable on the Practice Squad=Potentially Gone to another team; Because ya allow Crable to play in a d#mb preseason game/practice=Potential Injury, IN which case, Crable can THEN no longer be on the Reserve PUP, I.E. In a place where until again, Week #6, Crable can beactivated ANY time, AND in a place where, Upon the beginning of the regular season, Crable would NOT count against the 53 man team limit. ~ Yes, I KNOW this is ridiculously complicated...but IF Crable Is NOT injured (and we've gotten not 1 single news report that he IS), Then this IS a smart move by BB hedging his bets so to say, and keeping Crable healthy...  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And sorry if you were being sarcastic. It's hard to tell sometimes...

Sections
Shortcuts