Crable is BACK - on practice squad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

Re: Crable is BACK - on practice squad

In Response to Crable is BACK - on practice squad:
    OLB Crable returns to practice squad September, 5, 2010 Sep 5 2:36 PM ET Email Print Comments By Mike Reiss The Patriots have signed outside linebacker Shawn Crable to their practice squad, agent Ralph Cindrich said on Twitter . Crable, a third-round draft choice of the Patriots in 2008, was waived by the team prior to the start of training camp and had not been picked up by another club. He adds depth and knowledge of the defensive system at an outside linebacker spot that is a question mark for the club, with veteran Derrick Burgess having been released on Saturday.
    Posted by OldDomPats

Huh? If this is accurate, whats the logic? Wasn't halthy enough for training camp and didnt want to IR him, or just flat out not good enough? Practice squad? This is making me dizzy...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Like a holding tank for him, waiting to see if he can step in maybe?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Funny - I was thinking this AM why not bring him back given the Burgess cut? They thought enough of him to keep around for 2years, practice squad is a good option to see if he plays out.

Anyone ever get the story why he was cut? I thought it was he showed up out of shape or was injured again in camp...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Wrote about this in a discussion type thread on twitter about 4 days ago. Questioning why not a single person from the media followed up on the situation after he was released.

Couldn't believe it. It was like he never existed. Maybe they tried and he refused interview or they weren't good enough to dig anything up. Always found it too strange.

BB said he couldn't compete. That he failed his physical. But in the same breath said he thought he could play in this league if he could get himself healthy.

Then nothing.

We got a lot of sarcasim from it but none of them are wise cracking back so far today. I am guessing he's still messed up but at least he can be around the team now.

Still would love to know the deal though. Back? Hip? Knee? Something he's trying to work through rather than get repaired? It's strange.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Interesting turn of events

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

This was Crable's rookie contract: 7/21/2008: Signed a four-year, $2.466 million contract. The deal included a $760,500 signing bonus. 2010: $470,000, 2011: $555,000, 2012: Free Agent

Bad deal for the Patriots.

Now, I assume, they only have to pay him $5,200 a week.

Good deal for the Patriots.

After being let go, maybe he got his head right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

It appears BB has lost his touch drafting OLBs and CBs. Perhaps he should
    find someone to do that for the team, with better results,  in future drafts?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

patsfan76 ~ nobody's perfect, but Bill's still the best.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-09/sns-top-nfl-coaches

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It's not a surprise....it's about bucks.  Watch hard knocks.....that's all they talk about. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

oh here we go again...after we have no pass rush against the bungles everyone will be screaming to play shins crable. why cant we just move on from this guy? he's useless. spent the whole offseason working out and studying the playbook. and then he cant even pass the conditioning test. thats all i really need to know about his dedication to football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Crable is BACK - on practice squad:
    For whats its worth,.I never expected much from him....He had 7 sacks his last year in college, and thats not dominat #'s for a college player...but everyohnegot all giddy, assuming he is a player based on where he was taken,.,..Too be honest, I would rather just move on....tired of hearing this bums name...We need guys who can play...I remember when people used to pounce on our retreads...now they just dangle out there...
    Posted by patsfan76

Crable also had 28.5 TFL that season which was 2nd in the nation. I have no idea if he can ever get healthy but if you want to trot out one stat to try and show he was NOT dominant you have to be fair and show the other that shows he WAS dominant too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

So anyone seen the list of players on the Practice Squad?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Crable is BACK - on practice squad:
    In Response to Re: Crable is BACK - on practice squad : Crable also had 28.5 TFL that season which was 2nd in the nation. I have no idea if he can ever get healthy but if you want to trot out one stat to try and show he was NOT dominant you have to be fair and show the other that shows he WAS dominant too.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

What a great follow up to Pats76 dogsht post.

Sections
Shortcuts