Crable make the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

Crable make the team?

I wonder if Crable will even make the team? Some people think he will take us to the super bowl with all of his sacks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Crable make the team?

What people?  I think there's a chance that he doesn't make the cut, but there aren't a lot of options at OLB right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Crable's crystal physiology will make this a non-issue.

He'll get hurt in camp and be on IR again.

World without end, amen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He'll be included in the last round of cuts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's not going anywhere. 

The man is 6'5, 250 pounds, runs a 4.60 40 yard, and has long arms. 

The guy is Belichick's dream OLB. 

I can't believe people think Ninkovich would be a better choice at OLB. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

The man also can't get on the field.  Three years and counting taking up a roster spot. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Perhaps the most gigantically huge IF of all time:  IF Crable stays healthy he will make the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfans. Show patsfans's posts

In Response to Re: Crable make the team?:
    He's not going anywhere.  The man is 6'5, 250 pounds, runs a 4.60 40 yard, and has long arms.  The guy is Belichick's dream OLB.  I can't believe people think Ninkovich would be a better choice at OLB. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I agree - and if you go back and look at what he did in college you have to be excited about what this guy can do if he can stay healthy and finally reach his potential.  He was a force in terms of penetrating and getting into the backfield, and was well known for getting tackles behind the line of scrimmage.  How that will translate into what he does in this league remains to be seen, but this kid has a ton of upside.

I think the problem is we've heard so far is that he struggled during the recent camp and ended up on the 2nd & 3rd team from what published reports there were on him.  Hopefully he comes back in a few weeks and finally shows what he's capable of.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the Pats will make him earn anything he gets, they won't hand him anything.  Injury prone guys are not a favorite of Belichick, but there is no doubt he has been give a long leash because of his measurables.  The problem is for Crable that if he can't be an effective pass rusher right away, guys like Ninkovich who play well on special teams are going to have the inside track.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Some guys are never able to come back from injuries; Chad Jackson. Crable may be too hurt now to live up to his potential. He also might be a bust. I'm always hoping beyond hope that one of those forgotten draft picks emerges as a star.

Wouldn't it be nice if Crable became spark plug defensive guy on third downs and fired up the team? Wouldn't it be nice?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

He's not going anywhere.  The man is 6'5, 250 pounds, runs a 4.60 40 yard, and has long arms.  The guy is Belichick's dream OLB.  I can't believe people think Ninkovich would be a better choice at OLB. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

49 is your real name Shawn?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Crable make the team? : 49 is your real name Shawn?
    Posted by TrueChamp

No it is not, the guy just reminds me of Willie McGinest. And when was the last time the Pats won a SB? When they had an effective pass-rusher in Willie Mac. They went far with Adalius playing pass-rusher, too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfans. Show patsfans's posts

In Response to Re: Crable make the team? : No it is not, the guy just reminds me of Willie McGinest. And when was the last time the Pats won a SB? When they had an effective pass-rusher in Willie Mac. They went far with Adalius playing pass-rusher, too. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I still get back to your other post, and agree that his physical make-up makes him a guy who I'd love to see succeed.  I'm in agreement with most though that this is a make-or-break camp for him.  We'll have to see what happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Crable make the team? : No it is not, the guy just reminds me of Willie McGinest. And when was the last time the Pats won a SB? When they had an effective pass-rusher in Willie Mac. They went far with Adalius playing pass-rusher, too. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

J/K I would love to have a Willie mac clone as well and without Crable having a chance to even practice I would not write him off. I just think that your particular expectations for him to be a superbowl savior is a little optimistic. With that being said i will be the 1st to bring this post up if Crable lights a fire under qbs seats this year.

I am more interested in Spikes and Cunningham as they played in a very strong college system for the past few years. Crable has been out of football for almost 3 years now and will have to have a VERY strong camp to even make this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Willie McGinest...........really??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Willie McGinest...........really??
    Posted by siestafiesta

I mean physical make-up. 

Won't you all start cheering his name if he does this to Peyton Manning. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unbreakable02215. Show unbreakable02215's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

I think this is exactly why he will be given EVERY opportunity to play (if he can get on the field) himself off the team. Belichick is so fussy about who he drafts to play OLB. He's gotta "fit the mold". And Crable obviously does. I'm not sayin I agree with the cookie-cutter philosphy he employs on his OLB's, but facts is facts. Hey we should ALL be hoping he DOES make the team, cuz that means he's healthy AND productive and helping them win games, right ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He's already been given every opportunity to make the team.  How many more years can they eat up a roster spot with a guy that can't get on the field?  I don't care how big he is or what his potential could possibly be, its been 3 years, time to move on. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfans. Show patsfans's posts

From Mike Reiss' Chat this afternoon when asked about Crable:

I'd put him on the bubble right now. When the Patriots drafted Crable, they liked his size, some of the different things he did from a versatility perspective, his speed, and overall the program he was coming out of at Michigan. Three years later, I think they feel the same way you do -- it's do or die time. Injuries are a factor that are part of the discussion, but I don't think the Patriots look at him and simply say 'He's just had some bad luck.'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Would be nice if he could but I doubt it, 3 years is a long time away from the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unbreakable02215. Show unbreakable02215's posts

Would be nice if he could but I doubt it, 3 years is a long time away from the game.
    Posted by rabbrandy

He's only missed 2 years, right ? Rookie year and last year ? But yeah, this is it
    for him. If he doesn't come out kicking *ss and stay healthy while doing it, he's out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

The Jets have another OLB from Michigan built just like him.  Apparently he plays just like him too.  Had the same stats and rep coming out of college.  So what IS the difference between Crable and Gholston?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

for everyone that is saying they hope he gets cut so crable isnt taking up a roster spot... when a player goes on IR they are no longer counted against the 53 man active roster

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

He's already been given every opportunity to make the team.  How many more years can they eat up a roster spot with a guy that can't get on the field?  I don't care how big he is or what his potential could possibly be, its been 3 years, time to move on. 
    Posted by 123meg

Well in Crables defense freak injury's do happen. Sometimes it is not a "soft" thing or "preparation" thing. It is just plain bad luck. This will be his 3rd year and there is no doubt he has the physical attributes to fit the BB mold. I am rooting for him but the odds are against him. I would love to have an athletic 6'5 pass rusher( if he can stay on the field)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

The difference between Crable and Gholston is their cap number... that's about it.

Sections
Shortcuts