Crable - Missing Piece or MIA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: Crable - Missing Piece or MIA?

And I love the Crable=Troy Brown comparison. It's very similar to the Tebow= Tom Brady line of thinking. Non sensible and out of place. 

In Response to Re: Crable - Missing Piece or MIA?:
    In Response to Re: Crable - Missing Piece or MIA? : What?   Either you have a weird sense of humor and are pulling our legs or you need to get out from your mom's basement once and attend training camp sessions.  Shawn was a beast in the last two training camps. He gave our first string OL fits. He was always in Brady’s face. Good thing Tom had the red non-contact jersey on. He did a pretty good Dwight Feeney imitation…e.g. he lived in the backfield. While this is a very deep draft, NONE of the top OLB prospects fit the ideal height, weight, speed numbers that the Patriots want and need for their OLB. Most are too short, or too slow or are one trick ponies. e.g. they can only do one of the following well : rush the QB; or be stout against the run or drop into coverage. Shawn can do all of these. Other team’s run different 3-4 type of defenses where their OLBs do not have to do all the things that a Patriots OLB must. He is a better fit for the Patriots than any of them. His college production at Michigan was as good or better than any of the top rated OLBs coming out this year.    Plus he already understands their very complex playbook.  Shawn will have significant impact this year at OLB. The readers of this blog are going to be amazed at how good Shawn is.  In 1993 the draft a WR who missed a lot of games, had 2 catches TOTAL over his first 2 seasons.  He was injured and off the roster for half of 1994, and didn’t start a game until his FIFTH year.    His name was Troy Brown.    You probably would have been ranting and raving for BB to cut him also, since it was clear that he was a bust and would never amount to anything.    Shawn is not a bust.  He is the real deal. Stick to a blog topic you know something about.   Perhaps synchronized swimming?
    Posted by NovaScotiafan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

do you really believe that crable would be a first round pick this year because he's tall? do you think he's a better player than say..elvis dumervil, who he towers over?
    now, can you name a player who who did not play for two years straight and came back to be anything? troy brown played on special teams from day 1, so please dont bring him up. and speaking of special teams, thats another thing crable cant do. thats why he was inactive for 8 games before he went on IR during his rookie year.
    oh and if he was such a beast and was endangering tom brady's life during practice, why is it that such immortals as vince redd and pierre woods were ahead of him on the depth chart?

In Response to Re: Crable - Missing Piece or MIA? : What?   Either you have a weird sense of humor and are pulling our legs or you need to get out from your mom's basement once and attend training camp sessions.  Shawn was a beast in the last two training camps. He gave our first string OL fits. He was always in Brady’s face. Good thing Tom had the red non-contact jersey on. He did a pretty good Dwight Feeney imitation…e.g. he lived in the backfield. While this is a very deep draft, NONE of the top OLB prospects fit the ideal height, weight, speed numbers that the Patriots want and need for their OLB. Most are too short, or too slow or are one trick ponies. e.g. they can only do one of the following well : rush the QB; or be stout against the run or drop into coverage. Shawn can do all of these. Other team’s run different 3-4 type of defenses where their OLBs do not have to do all the things that a Patriots OLB must. He is a better fit for the Patriots than any of them. His college production at Michigan was as good or better than any of the top rated OLBs coming out this year.    Plus he already understands their very complex playbook.  Shawn will have significant impact this year at OLB. The readers of this blog are going to be amazed at how good Shawn is.  In 1993 the draft a WR who missed a lot of games, had 2 catches TOTAL over his first 2 seasons.  He was injured and off the roster for half of 1994, and didn’t start a game until his FIFTH year.    His name was Troy Brown.    You probably would have been ranting and raving for BB to cut him also, since it was clear that he was a bust and would never amount to anything.    Shawn is not a bust.  He is the real deal. Stick to a blog topic you know something about.   Perhaps synchronized swimming?
    Posted by NovaScotiafan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

To be a complete optimist, this kid has the length and skill set that will allow him to be a instant impact/force force off the edge, pressuring the QB and making plays behind the LOS, something this team has been sorely lacking.

To be a complete pessimist, he hasn’t been able to stay healthy or get on the field so why should we count on anything from him.

T be realistic, my expectations fall somewhere in between and will trend in one direction or the other as they get closer to the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Crable - Missing Piece or MIA? : you state that to quesiton coach 'cuttie' is not the way-to-go, but then you go ahead and denigrate 'hollywood' pats head coach when it 'suits' you. leave your "so-handsome" alone to do his "art" work, please...but if you must "question" the hoddie, then please do so in private where you so lament his absence. in "shorts" our pats head coach IS a true "cutie", though "trapped"  by large chested women and fanatical fan go-betweens. 
    Posted by koft

eh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Time to give up the ghost on this bust, guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Does this sound like a guy that is going to play in 2010?  NOT A CHANCE.

Crable has incurred a number of injuries (leg, groin, back) since being drafted in 2008, so it should benefit him to find different ways to train.

“I’m kinda cheating the system right now,” he said. “I’m trying to find ways to get in shape without putting all the pounding and stuff on my injuries that I had before. So we’re just coming up with new ways to do things. I bought a bike, so I bike to work on days when it’s good (weather) and stuff like that. I swim in the pool, I work out, and try to do stuff where I don’t have to put weight on my back . . . I’m really trying to get better and find new ways to get stronger rather than have to do it the old-fashioned way.” . . .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'M AMAZED THAT SO MANY ARE READY TO WRITE THIS GUY OFF. SO HE  HAD A COUPLE OF FREAK INJURIES? NO-ONE CAN PREDICT INJURIES. IF HE PRODUCES THIS YEAR, IT'LL BE LIKE FOUND MONEY, IF HE DOESN'T HE'LL BE GONE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That's right. If he's working to avoid injury he'll most likely get one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

what kinda injury is he got right now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Crable's injuries are possibly fixable.  If he gets fixed, he'll be a hot commodity.  Otherwise he's got a permanently missing piece. 

I give Crable a 30% chance of being a starter and a 50% chance of being cut at the end of training camp.  Very little middle ground here.  If he's healthy, with those long arms no lineman can keep him out of the quarterback's face for long, because no lineman can manage to grab hold of his body.  Furthermore, Crable shrinks the quarterback's passing lanes by an extra foot to the left, to the right and straight over his head, with that height and those arms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

It'd be wise of the Patriots to pick up two DE/OLBs in this upcoming draft...we need all the help we can get.