Crable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Crable

I haven't re-watched the game yet, but he was making some plays out there and always seemed to be around the ball when he was in there.

I guess we now know why Mckenzie didn't get a shot this year. If Crable and Guyton can be productive subs at ILB, that would be huge for us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Crable

It's really cool to see BB's vision and expectations, for the most part, somewhat pay off.

Obviously, people are at different stages of development, but I am always surprised who starts or who gets a lot of looks early in the game.

Brace started last night with over Deaderick and Warren, right?  Cunningham barely played.

I didn't even expect Wright to play much with this minor injury lately.   He was a beast.

But, yeah, Crable needs to keep taking the baby steps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Crable is strictly an OLB/sub-DE.  Nowhere near the body type to play ILB.  However, you're right that he made his presence felt last night.  He was consistently around Roethlisberger as a pass rusher both from the stand-up position and with his hand in the ground as a DE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

You're right. My bad. They must have run some stunts with him because it seemed like he was attacking the gap over the left guard whenever he was in there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Not that this has anything to do with Crable, but while we're on the subject of Pats draftees, Ted Larsen is starting at center for the Bucs and playing well in Jeff Faine's absence.  In fact, there's talk that they'll let Faine (and his large salary) go after the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Crable was pretty good last night putting pressure on Roethlisberger.  On a few plays I actually witnessed him taking on a blocker in an attempt to stop a running play and he wasn't blown off the ball.  Not saying he's McGinest, but it's clear at the very least he might be a rotation guy a la Guyton since he seems to be able to pressure the passer.  Who knows, he might grow in to more.  

Hey, at least he's playing and contributing, right?   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he was in the sub defense, which did seem to get more snaps at some points than the base defense so there was a lot more of crable and TBC and less of cunningham and ninkovitch. all the linebackers were pretty good though. and as for a previous question, the starting down linemen were deaderick, wilfork, and brace. warren came in as a sub rusher in the role that pryor usually plays. i think deaderick and brace have pretty much cemented themselves as the starting ends. who would have guessed that??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Get the Yellow jacket ready

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Crable is a beast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Cannot say enuf praise for these players and BB. I have way underestimated this team- and delighted.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Crable:
    [QUOTE]Not that this has anything to do with Crable, but while we're on the subject of Pats draftees, Ted Larsen is starting at center for the Bucs and playing well in Jeff Faine's absence.  In fact, there's talk that they'll let Faine (and his large salary) go after the season.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I was sad to Larsen go, he is huge for a center and may well have been an upgrade over Koppen given time...  As for Crable he played well as a pure rusher but he wasn't much more than that, Cunningham started and played sparingly but we were playing downhill all night.  The defense was superb for the first three quarters. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Crable may be good but he is a one-move-wonder...

He has a blazing first step and a gapping stride so if he beats the tackle off the ball or anticipates the snap cound he has a good chance to pressure the QB and possibly get a QB hit or a sack...

BUT that is his only move the Steelers RT was pushing him around like a wrag doll at times.

Crable also has the tendency of avoiding good contact... Instead of using his right shoulder and creating leverage at the POA he tries to avoid contact completely and runs himself right out of the play.

I do agree he looked better, he was around the ball more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Crable may be good but he is a one-move-wonder... He has a blazing first step and a gapping stride so if he beats the tackle off the ball or anticipates the snap cound he has a good chance to pressure the QB and possibly get a QB hit or a sack... BUT that is his only move the Steelers RT was pushing him around like a wrag doll at times. Crable also has the tendency of avoiding good contact... Instead of using his right shoulder and creating leverage at the POA he tries to avoid contact completely and runs himself right out of the play. I do agree he looked better, he was around the ball more.
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he is far from a starting outside linebacker.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Get the Yellow jacket ready
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Tcal, you know you love Crable, Wilhite, Maroney and Meriweather. I'm justing waiting for you to stop the charade and start spreading your love. =D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

[QUOTE]Not that this has anything to do with Crable, but while we're on the subject of Pats draftees, Ted Larsen is starting at center for the Bucs and playing well in Jeff Faine's absence.  In fact, there's talk that they'll let Faine (and his large salary) go after the season.

I watched the Bucs game specifically to see how Ted would perform.  He did ok.  He had two false starts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crable : Tcal, you know you love Crable, Wilhite, Maroney and Meriweather. I'm justing waiting for you to stop the charade and start spreading your love. =D
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to protect the board from collaspe due to irrational exuberance.

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

is he all we expected him to be NOO
    is he proving he deserves his roster spot and is not a complete bust- Yes
    As he sees more playing time will he finnally show he is one of the teams best rushers and pan out- Maybe

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Crable the third rounder has been around, and around, but injured all the time until this year.  He showed flashes in rookie camp.  His pass-rushing assets are his huge arms which keep blockers off of his body, so that he gets more chances to defeat a block, his extra height for deflecting passes, and reasonable explosion.  BB kept deciding that Crable's various injuries, while serious in the short term, were not career-threatening, and so he kept Crable in the hopes that he could pass-rush in the subpackage.  The media kept asking who would pass-rush for the Patriots.  Well, after Tully Banta-Cain at OLB there might be Crable, and also Cunningham. 

The Belichick 3-4 tends to emphasize bull-rushing defensive linemen.  It emphasizes solid knockdowns first and hurries second, not necessarily sacks because some QBs always get rid of the ball while others don't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I was told by Dante S that Larsen was maybe the most difficult cut on the team, and they really tried to keep him (fianancially speaking). He will be a starting C in the NFL long after Koppen has retired. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Ha! Who's the idiot that created this post. He played so well that he got released.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

[QUOTE]Crable is a beast.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard to be a beast when you are no longer on the team...........he got cut today.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]Crable is a beast.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]
    Most "beasts" dont get cut

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Sign the beast!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

why would they give him extensive playing time when he performed pretty well and then cut him?  It just doesn't make sense.  They didn't even do it to bring someone else in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Crable was so much a beast that BB released him this afternoon. I guess you can stab the beast with the steely knife....I wonder who takes his roster spot?