Crable???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Crable???

I am really disapointed Crable hasn't been out there getting his reps in training camp.  Anyone have any inside info on what's wrong with him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Crable???

None at all, but he was not going to be the day 1 starter anyways. Woods is getting all the reps with the 1st team defense and for good reason. He is our best option at that spot for now. Crable will have plenty of time to crack teh depth chart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Crable???:
    [QUOTE]None at all, but he was not going to be the day 1 starter anyways. Woods is getting all the reps with the 1st team defense and for good reason. He is our best option at that spot for now. Crable will have plenty of time to crack teh depth chart.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

MVP, you very well could be right but how do we really know that Woods be the starter when Crable hasn't been out there?  To my knowledge, he hasn't even taken a single snap yet! 

I hope you're right, that he will have plenty of time to show his stuff.  I'm concerned that perhaps his injury or whatever is holding him back must be serious. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I doubt its serious. He could just be sick for all we know. He has not done anything that would get him hurt yet. So I dont think he is in any real danger. Woods is the guy this year, i know everyone is talking about Crable but i think Woods is the guy who will have the break out year. The kid would hit his own mother if she was wearing pads. Woods will be teh starter on 1st and 2nd down and Crabel or Banta Cain will come in on 3rd down or passing downs. We are all set. Personally I think all this concern over OLB is just the fans, I think the team are perfectly content with the guys they have. and that makes me feel better about it. If Bill thinks he is all set then that is good enough for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Crable fan than me. I watched every game he played at UM. The man can play. But if he cannot stay healthy long enough to get on the field, maybe it's time to cut bait. I fear I will read on Reiss' Pieces 'Crable cut'. It wouldn't make me happy but I would understand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

you dont cut a kid after one year unless he is as bad as Vernon Gholston. Crable wont be cut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Fragile-ites.  A condition that affects would be football players who are soft and injury prone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

What a 3rd rd. Waste. He will cut by the end of camp. He didn't amount 2 squat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

I'm with you taz.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

why would you cut him when you havent even seen whats under the hood I mean really he looked good before the injury last year. I think hes still injured personally I mean a guy like chad jackson stuck @ then at least crable deserves a better look 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

We haven't the wildest clue as to the nature of the injury.  If it's a MRSA infection, maybe he'll be recovered by tomorrow, maybe not.  If it's (this happened to Kaczur) an oxycontin rehab, he'll clean up and come back but might not be ever quite up to snuff.  If it's a triceps injury, maybe he'll be ready around midseason. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Crable fan than me. I watched every game he played at UM. The man can play. But if he cannot stay healthy long enough to get on the field, maybe it's time to cut bait. I fear I will read on Reiss' Pieces 'Crable cut'. It wouldn't make me happy but I would understand.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Sorry...but hes' hurt again...and appears to have BUST written all over him. Hence the Burgess trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I am getting concerned as well.  I don't see BB, waiting too much longer with Crabel.  3rd round pick or not he needs to get on the playing field.  As the days pass by, I am losing confidence in Crable's resiliance.  I would love to see what he has, but i am afraid that the clock is ticking.....

We all know that KC or Denver or Cleveland will be all over Crable if he is cut.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

During the 08 draft, I was shocked that Crable lasted until the 3rd round.

Maybe there was a reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I watched Crable today at practice. He did the agility and foot drills without any ill effect, and also participated in some of the rush packages and did not seem to have any trouble- does not appeared to have had an injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hopefully he will continue to practice throughout camp and learn from Burgess and Thomas. and he will be able to take the starting role by the 4th game of the season which would allow us to keep thomas and burgess fresh throughout the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Crable???:
    [QUOTE]I am really disapointed Crable hasn't been out there getting his reps in training camp.  Anyone have any inside info on what's wrong with him?
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4824

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Wow, a second year player starts training camp on PUP and you guys call him a bust.  What a bunch of panzies.  The better question is where is Wheatley?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, a second year player starts training camp on PUP and you guys call him a bust.  What a bunch of panzies.  The better question is where is Wheatley?
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

He has been at practices.. guess we have a bunch of players just really flying under the radar.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

If pscyho says that Crable is on the field doing drills, then there wouldn't seem to be much of an issue now....he not a long term scratch...he'll go full tilt when cleared and hopefully that is soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I think Crable is gonna get a longer leash as a 3rd rounder.  Wheatley too.  I highly doubt last year's 2nd and 3rd rounders are gonna get axed in year 2.  When is the last time that the Pats have ever gone public with player injuries?  We really have no idea what's going on there so let's not pretend we do.  Can understand the impatience, but too early to call anyone a bust.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Crable has always gotten good reviews, except for the injury bug, which counts!  With those long arms and preferred height, he might blitz just a bit better than anyone on the team.  There may be matchups against short-armed tackles where Crable has a special rushing edge that either Derrick Burgess or Adelius Thomas doesn't have.  Remember that when Crable was healthy, BB passed on every OLB in the entire draft.  Obviously in April that position was all filled up in BB's mind.

The Crable questions are, can Crable cover sometimes, and can he (rarely) plug a running back in a running lane? 

If he can stay healthy and perform on the field in the next four games, I think BB will keep an extra linebacker.  I give him a 70% chance of sticking.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts