Crable.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Crable.........

He needs to nut up and get out there. Being a huge Michigan fan I thought he would be a stud under the radar...Dissapointing is an understatement at this point.........

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Re: Crable.........

E11, The dude might not make the team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I remember on draft day when we got him - seeing glimpse of him pass rushing from the outside on tape made me think of a poormans big willie. He doesnt have a roster spot in my eyes anymore unless he goes on the PUP which might actually happen. Patriots have alot of talented depth to consider.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

In Response to Re: Crable.........:
    [QUOTE]I remember on draft day when we got him - seeing glimpse of him pass rushing from the outside on tape made me think of a poormans big willie. He doesnt have a roster spot in my eyes anymore unless he goes on the PUP which might actually happen. Patriots have alot of talented depth to consider.
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

Far be it for me to critique Belichick. but has he ever drafted a LB after the 2nd round that was any good. It seems to me the only decent LB the Pats have drafted in the last 6 years is Mayo. Granted we have yet to see what Guyton and Mac Kenzie are capable of, but if we put crable on the LB bust pile the # of LB busts will exceed the # successes (Crable, Lua. etc...). It used to be that LBs would get cut from the Pats because we had great players at LB, now we need to start developing young LBs. Just an observation, really. Not pressing the panic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

BB doesnt like drafting linebackers for the following reasons:
    1. Rather take a veteran player
    2. Size - OLB need to fit a 255lb+ 6'4 min frame (young guys havent fully developed their potential size comin out of college)
    3. Most college teams play a 4-3 - so experience in 3-4 comes from veterans
    4. Experience / Track record in the pros over College highlights

Your statement doesnt have any proof yet cuz BB only started drafting linebackers early until recently. Guyton and Mayo are the two starting MLB. Mckenzie and Crable are two that got injuries - something no one can see coming.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think Crable makes this team easy. The Pats dont quit on their young players as fast as the fans do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

VERY DISAPOINTING!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Crable will be on this team and I dont think the depth at LB is as bad as people make it out to be. Woods Crable Guyton Banta-cain Bruschi would start on other teams. (in a 4-3 base assuming Guyton will start in 3-4) This is also assuming Derrick Burgess can regain some of his 06 form. Overall I think the backers are good and I think crable will have an impact on this defense. Some day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Crable can win the OLB job if just played. He is far from being a bust, he's just injury prone. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

He's a waste.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Hes got all the skills, im very interested to see if he makes the final roster

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I dont even know if I would call him injury proned yet, last year i truely think the Pats stuck him on IR cause he wasn't ready to play OLB in the 3-4 but there was no way he could be on the PS. I mean what the hell is a shin injury? i can understand shinsplints but you can play through those.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i do not understand why so many people on here are STILL infatuated with crable. he has never fullfilled his potential on any level. michigan fans should know that. the pats have given this guy all the chances in the world, and he can't even get on the field with the third stringers in a preseason game. he will be cut for sure, picked up by the chiefs, and then out of the league by the end of the season.
    as for the pats drafting LB's, most of the guys they have drafted over the years with low picks have been for depth and special teams purposes. there are so many highly rated players at the position coming out of college that are huge busts. going with proven vets has worked since bill's first season here. and i think the fact that they have been able to develop a few of these late round guys like woods and TBC is a credit to the great coaching and system. except for eric alexander. he s^cks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]i do not understand why so many people on here are STILL infatuated with crable. he has never fullfilled his potential on any level. michigan fans should know that. the pats have given this guy all the chances in the world, and he can't even get on the field with the third stringers in a preseason game. he will be cut for sure, picked up by the chiefs, and then out of the league by the end of the season. as for the pats drafting LB's, most of the guys they have drafted over the years with low picks have been for depth and special teams purposes. there are so many highly rated players at the position coming out of college that are huge busts. going with proven vets has worked since bill's first season here. and i think the fact that they have been able to develop a few of these late round guys like woods and TBC is a credit to the great coaching and system. except for eric alexander. he s^cks.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

The reason we never drafted Line backers much is the complexity of BB's defensive system is much easier to grasp if your a veteran in the league. BB also looks for the right size of his OLB's to fit the system which is also the reason we draft DE's and turned them to OLB's. Eric Alexander is good on special teams but nothing more then a situational guy at best. I disagree about Crable. I don't think you can say a guy has never lived up to his potential until he has the chance to play and proves he can't do it. He missed his first year, Im not hung up on him at all but give the guy a chance to show what he can do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

well when i said never lived up to his potential, i was including college. he had his moments, but he was supposed to be the next julius peppers and he never came close. as for playing here, he has proved that he can't even get on the field. thats pretty bad considering how badly the pats have needed a player just like him over the past two seasons. if gary guyton, a guy who was an undrafted free agent and played OLB in college can develop into a starting ILB by his second season here, then you know crable has had more than a fair shot to get on the field. he just hasn't produced in practice obvioulsy and hasn't earned a spot. its a disappointment but its time to move on.
    oh and i know alexander has special teams value. it was just sad seeing him try to play linebacker in the preseason game. he was bad! hopefully we won't have to ever see him out there when it counts.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crable......... : The reason we never drafted Line backers much is the complexity of BB's defensive system is much easier to grasp if your a veteran in the league. BB also looks for the right size of his OLB's to fit the system which is also the reason we draft DE's and turned them to OLB's. Eric Alexander is good on special teams but nothing more then a situational guy at best. I disagree about Crable. I don't think you can say a guy has never lived up to his potential until he has the chance to play and proves he can't do it. He missed his first year, Im not hung up on him at all but give the guy a chance to show what he can do.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

One word .......  GONE!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Stash him on the PUP, see how things shake out over the first 6 weeks injury-wise.  Then activate him or IR.  Give him 1 more offseason to figure it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]well when i said never lived up to his potential, i was including college. he had his moments, but he was supposed to be the next julius peppers and he never came close. In Response to Re: Crable......... :
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Not sure this is really relevant. Lots of guys are studs in college and busts in the NFL (remember Andy Katz?), and are not studs in college and become NFL all-pros (remember Brady, Vrable and A Thomas?). College is a barometer, but clearly limited in reflecting what will happen at the next level. T. Nunn went undrafted and sat at home in Houston for a year before even getting a FA offer - therefore he had not lived up to expectations in college and can not compete in the NFL? Performance in college and performance in the NFL is not a straight line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea Sam Aiken was sick in college, one of the best college WRs teh year he came out and he is a ST player and nothing more. College means jack sh*t in the pro's. Drew Bledsoe was a #1 overall pick and Brady was a 6th round pick and who would say is the hall of famer out of those two?