Crable's quote about working out, trust me this guy will be a bust.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from grammbo14. Show grammbo14's posts

Crable's quote about working out, trust me this guy will be a bust.

“I’m kinda cheating the system right now,” he said. “I’m trying to find ways to get in shape without putting all the pounding and stuff on my injuries that I had before. So we’re just coming up with new ways to do things. I bought a bike, so I bike to work on days when it’s good (weather) and stuff like that. I swim in the pool, I work out, and try to do stuff where I don’t have to put weight on my back . . . I’m really trying to get better and find new ways to get stronger rather than have to do it the old-fashioned way.” . . .
    I see why this guy is always injured...He bikes to work when the weather is good?!!       1) That's what I do to stay in shape, and it's not that impressive. 2) Mass weather is horrible, so what does that even mean? By the way, in the paragraph before he said he couldn't swim at all, so you can cross swimming off his training regime. And the last quote about finding new ways rather than have to do it old fashioned way reeks of being lazy...it wasn't like he was talking about some new workout he learned (Pilates,Karate) he basically said he bikes to work out and doesn't lift weights...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Crable's quote about working out, trust me this guy will be a bust.

If you read all the quotes from him, the program was put together for him by the Patriots strength staff to help him build strength without straining his previous injuries.  Mike Woicik himself is putting the program together for Crable, and it does involve weights. Just slightly different programs.  He didn't do it himself.
    And he's doing this as a RESULT of the injuries, so they obviously didn't cause them.

Anything else he does (like biking to work) is extra on top of that.  If the guy was both lazy and always injured do you really think BB would keep him around for 2 years.  Obviously he likes him. I think you're misinterpreting the idea of the story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the only thing i disagree with is saying the guy "will" be a bust. he already is a bust! he's still on the roster right now because he has a low salary as a 3rd round pick and the pats are so woefully thin at that spot right now. but dont worry, he'll be cut before the end of training camp after he is totally outplayed by the rookies and journeymen LB's that we will have in camp, and after he gets another shin injury riding that bike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

SHAWN "bETTY " CRABLE  semms like a nice enough guy but there's no doubt this is make or break time ( pun intended )
      I remember two years ago when one of the pats "beat" writers was reporting on the rookie camp ( Andy Hart ? ) and mentioned that Crable had the thinnest legs he had ever saw on a football field ... I remember thinkn "what does that have to do with the price of tea in China ? " ...
       As it turned out , that ended up being the most inciteful comment of the camp.

Here's hoping Crable stays injury free and gets a chance to show his stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Was this guy put together with Lego Building Blocks? He's just too injury prone, I hate to say it but usually the college boys that were hitting the roids tend to get into this kind of trouble once they stop. Im not saying he did use roids but it wouldnt have supprised me. Oh well good luck to him anyway, maybe the Pats can get just 1 good game out of himYell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Hell I bike to work when the weather is nice as well....it's hell on my throttle hand.Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

his legs are NOODLES 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SidewayZ29. Show SidewayZ29's posts

In Response to Re: Crable's quote about working out, trust me this guy will be a bust.:
    his legs are NOODLES 
    Posted by Gulo

Got that right! Nuff said!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I imagine this is his last chance. The guy has talent but too bad he's made of glass. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I would consider returns from his 3rd round pick, if he at least steps into the field!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Sports medicine has come a long way since the old 3 years and your done NFL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Crable's quote about working out, trust me this guy will be a bust.:Crable is soft. Dump him.
    “I’m kinda cheating the system right now,” he said. “I’m trying to find ways to get in shape without putting all the pounding and stuff on my injuries that I had before. So we’re just coming up with new ways to do things. I bought a bike, so I bike to work on days when it’s good (weather) and stuff like that. I swim in the pool, I work out, and try to do stuff where I don’t have to put weight on my back . . . I’m really trying to get better and find new ways to get stronger rather than have to do it the old-fashioned way.” . . . I see why this guy is always injured...He bikes to work when the weather is good?!!       1) That's what I do to stay in shape, and it's not that impressive. 2) Mass weather is horrible, so what does that even mean? By the way, in the paragraph before he said he couldn't swim at all, so you can cross swimming off his training regime. And the last quote about finding new ways rather than have to do it old fashioned way reeks of being lazy...it wasn't like he was talking about some new workout he learned (Pilates,Karate) he basically said he bikes to work out and doesn't lift weights...
    Posted by grammbo14

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why is everyone riding his grapefruits? He hasn't even stepped on the field yet and you're already calling him Adalius Thomas. Why would Belichick keep a guy for two years just to play ST? The guy can play OLB for three downs. Why do you think Tully Banta-Cain was a starter this year? Crable was going to take Vrabel's spot. He knows this defense well enough now. Give him a chance, I'm sure he'll be good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Crable's quote about working out, trust me this guy will be a bust.:
    Good job taking it out of context. He's not being lazy or trying to get away with not working out hard.  He's trying to get the proper amount of training without adding unnecessary stress on the parts of his body that he's trying to rehab/strengthen.   That's like saying Brady was being a bum for not going skiing or running 2 miles a day right after he had his ACL repaired. 
    Posted by jasonh86

Stop making sense...This is an idi#tic out-of-context, blind "Shawn Crable Bashing" Thread, and you're doin' the whole sensible card of-"Well, IF someone's prone to sustaining ligament injuries and stress tears on certain muscles, Perhaps a regimen from a group of professional trainers forming a series of highest potential-yield on low-impact swimming and bicycle training, while adding the overall toning and strength cardio on the bike coupled with the greater swimmer's major-muscle mass bulk while also targeting often underused minor muscle groupings within water-sports-JUST perhaps might be a somewhat good thing for someone that STILL wants to train but has been subjected to certain types of recurring injuries."  ALSO, I mean WhereTH do you get off saying this: "Let's wait and see" and "It may be a good thing" cr#p?  Some people got alot of nerve... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Good job taking it out of context. He's not being lazy or trying to get away with not working out hard.  He's trying to get the proper amount of training without adding unnecessary stress on the parts of his body that he's trying to rehab/strengthen.   That's like saying Brady was being a bum for not going skiing or running 2 miles a day right after he had his ACL repaired. 
    Posted by jasonh86

Wait just a minute, are you saying Brady could have been training right after that ACL Surgery? He could have been skiing and running 2 miles a day? I knew it... Brady took a year off with pay that weasel! How do you like a guy like that, and he calls himself a leader! Yell