Credit where credit is due

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Credit where credit is due

For the first time in quite a while this defense came through when it mattered most. Any Pats fan has to be happy to see that in a game where Brady and the offense struggled, turning the ball over four times and losing time of possession pretty handily the defense came in with stop after stop. The bigger the moment, the better they got. Brady will get much credit from the media for the 4th quarter comeback- and he should but this is a big win for the Pats proving they are more than just a team that can score.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Re: Credit where credit is due

yes it did and Mayo on the way back Spikes smashing ppl

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Agreed.

These are character building games, I'm totally sastified that Brady and the O struggled pretty much throughout yet we still take a W from one of the most talented teams in the league.

I think the D will only continue getting better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Amen, Brother! I love these dirty, scratch-it-out wins against good solid teams. It gives the team great confidence in their ability to out-physical any other team and builds the kind of character that augurs well for December and January. Easy long-ball passing oriented games do not test a team's character. Loved this win!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

lets give some cred to the running game as well against the #1 run defense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yeah that was awesome.  The Pats shut everyone up after the media kept going on about how they were the worst defense in the leauge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

D was great.  I'm getting the feeling we are starting (I'm only saying STARTING) to solve these Ravens/Ryan type defenses.  Needs more work, but getting there. Great win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

this is really great. i like the way that the three big bodies up front were really pushing back the pocket. as they get healthier, they will be better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Credit where credit is due:
    [QUOTE]lets give some cred to the running as well against the #1 run defense
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

If I have any complaint about the running game it was that we didn't see enough of it. BJGE's toe gets a week off now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I'll be honest, I was pretty frustrated with this defense for stretches of this game. There were some drives where Dallas just moved the ball all the way to our 10 yard line.

But the defense really stepped up today. It was obviously better than it has been all year. The stats reflect that too.

Dallas was 4 of 12 on third downs. 1 of 3 in the red zone. Most importantly, they only scored 16 points.

We fared very well against a pretty darn good Dallas offense, and it's not like Romo handed us the game on stupid interceptions. We stopped them.

I'm feeling great about this defense going into the bye week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

D had a great game today.

They gave the O a chance to win it and held when they needed to. Lets hope they can keep it up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]lets give some cred to the running game as well against the #1 run defense
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

Yeah they showed last week they could run too by running out the game. Just another way to win, passing, defense , running they are showing an ability to do what needs to be done. I can't think of a better way to go into the bye. The offense and defense have to feel pretty good about how they ended this game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

DMC's play has been extremely poor this year.  Hope he turns it around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

D was spectacular against a well rested high power offense. D won us that game! 4 turnovers and yet they only allowed 16 points. The D has been improving steadily since the oakland game, great to see!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

D was formidable. O made many mistakes.

Two weeks in a row of bonehead plays by Hernandez.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think the D line gets huge props today. They put on pressure, got some sacks, stuffed the run.  They did good today. DB's had some probs but thank goodness the D line put on some pressure otherwise the DB's would have had a worse day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, the defense came through all game when it counted. hats off to the defense.

if our offense would have executed better before the last two minutes it would have been a rout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I loved what Haynesworth brought to this game early (he just blew up blocking sequences). The defense played very tough. It was refreshing to see them win a game like this, when Mayo comes back we should get better baring any more injuries. They need to get Price involved or someone who can stretch things out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]yes, the defense came through all game when it counted. hats off to the defense. if our offense would have executed better before the last two minutes it would have been a rout.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Agreed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I didn't even post for the last hour. The D looked great and they are definitely tired of hearing about how terrible they supposedly are. If the jets defense is so great why don't they win. I'll take mediocre D that wins games over some D with big names that loses games (see Jets).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit where credit is due : If I have any complaint about the running game it was that we didn't see enough of it. BJGE's toe gets a week off now.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think Ryan showed us a defense that could not commit to stopping the run(dbacks everywhere as BB said in his prresser) I think Bjge and Ridley should have had 30 carries in this one. It would have limited the turnovers at the very least.

Benny was ripping off big gains all game till his last one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WOW!  And Marshall Faulk gave the Patriots some credit!

shalise manza young 
    well looky looky, Marshall Faulk was right: Pats rushed for 101 yards today. still stunned he said something positive about NE...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

still work to be done, but they're making progress. I think Haynesworth still has a long ways to go.  I want him 100% healthy by playoff time...