Crenell, Savage and the Browns Demise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Ok, so what part of the Browns troubles are Savage's doing vs. Romeo's? Should Savage lose his job? This all gets to the bigger question of the relationship between GM and Manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Great question.

Neither? OK more Savage?

Having toubles with injuries and incompetence at QB isn't something that is easily solved.

Crennel's defense is still middle of the packdespite having less talent and an offense that can't stay on the feild.

Crennel will get another job, I hope it is here as DCoord . . but I would hire him to be a head coach if I hada team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]Great question.

Neither? OK more Savage?

Having toubles with injuries and incompetence at QB isn't something that is easily solved.

Crennel's defense is still middle of the packdespite having less talent and an offense that can't stay on the feild.

Crennel will get another job, I hope it is here as DCoord . . but I would hire him to be a head coach if I hada team.[/Quote]

I wanted to see Crennel succeed, but that hasn't happened. All the Browns top picks (except Wimbley) seemed to be offensive players (Edwards, Winslow, Thomas, Quinn) and with exception of Thomas all have had sub-par years. It is not Romeo's fault that Edwards forgot how to catch a football, Quinn got injured, and Winslow is an idiot who will NEVER be a better player than his old man. I'll take a healthy Thomas on the Pats any day of the week, though. Last year the Browns offense overachieved; this year they underachieved. Since Savage never acquired the players for Romeo to install a formidable 3-4 defense ( did the Browns even have a pick on day one of the 07 draft) as soon as Anderson became a mere mortal, Edwards starting dropping balls and the offense went south there was really nothing to fall back on. Trading for Shaun Rogers ? I only trade with the Lions if I get Barry Sanders circa 1995. I agree Savage did an okay job on one side of the ball, but maybe he and Crennel were never on the same page about acquiring defensive players (except Willie Mac).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

People are too quick to say fire this guy! or fire that guy! neither one of them will lose their job, they will both still be in the Browns organization next year as they should be. Now if they do this bad next year then one of them if not both will be sent packing but right now they are not going anywhere, at least thats the way i see it. I expect them to get better in teh off season and then have a season like the Saints did this year where they are in the hunt but might not make the playoff's. I say the saints cause thats who teh Browns are to me this eyar they are last years version of the Saints. Last year they had a great season and so people picked them to win their div and make the playoffs and then the fell flat on their face just like the saints did after they made it to the NFC championship game but they bounced back this year and i think the Browns will do the same cause Crenel is a good HC and Savage is a great GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPatsFan86. Show NEPatsFan86's posts

I love Romeo Crennel. But the truth of the matter is one of the marks of a good coach is what they can do with the team they've got. Case in point, look at Parcells, Belichick. These are coaches that can help a team make a serious turn around. RC hasn't done anything for the Browns since he got there. Yeah, last year they had some success but he's in his 3rd year as head coach. He gets paid to get results and like it or not, he hasn't gotten them much. Maybe he'll come back to NE. It'd be nice. But realitically, that doesn't have much of a chance of happening. For RC, I think, it would be like coming home with his tails stuck between his legs. Sort of "I couldn't make it on my own Dad/Mom". Whatever happens, I wish him good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

i did not hear that they had publicly anounced that he will be fired at the end of the year, when did they say that? why is it not in the news if thats the case?

Sections
Shortcuts