Crennell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Crennell

If Romeo doesn't get the HC job in KC, anyone think BB brings him in as DC?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Crennell

In Response to Re: Crennell:
    [QUOTE]No.  Wouldn't be a step up for Romeo.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

So if he doesn't get the HC job at KC, what would be a step up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

I am sure BB will pick up the phone and pick romoeo's brain for the greenbay NE superbowl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure BB will pick up the phone and pick romoeo's brain for the greenbay NE superbowl.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

That's assumming they get by SF, Det,  or NYG. I know they can beat Atl or NO.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

NO.  BB is tied to Patricia/Johnson on the D.  Bill will not ask RC to improve the D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Romeo made it clear he wants to be a HC. I think he's a great DC and would welcome him back but I think this depends on whether he thinks it gives him the best chance to be a HC. You could make the case that if he takes the Pats defense and puts them at the top of the NFL than he could be at the top of everybody's HC list. Or you could say that everyone will give BB credit, and that it would just be repeating what he's already done so there is no advantage. If he doesn't get an HC position this year I would think his best move would be to go to a team where there is a chance the HC could lose his job and give it to Romeo...so not the Pats. But you never know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Would love to see him back. If he is offered the HC at KC he stays, the Cleveland gig might hurt his chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

can't just steal a coordinator with out compensation to the other team unless it is a step up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Just like Joshy, he should have stuck with what he was good at. He is a great coordinator but not a good coach.

He talked way too much in Cleveland, practically giving out the gameplan. Now we now why B.B,. didnt let his coordinators talk.

Look at this Bozo O'Brien. He doesnt need a mic near him either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

There is zero chance of Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, McDaniels, and other past coord's coming back to the Pats while BB is the head coach. He doesn't work that way. 

Accept it and move on. 

Period. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Yes Romeo has done so well since leaving New England, let's bring the washed up geezer back instead of developing young coaching talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Romeo has done so well since leaving New England, let's bring the washed up geezer back instead of developing young coaching talent.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Thats a great idea except all the veteran talent you need to develope young talent were stolen from the Pats years ago. If he doesn't get the HC job, maybe he could come in as a consultant and mentor for O'brien.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'd love to see him back but as Patsfan has mentioned, it's not a step up and he probably wouldn't even want to come back.  Crennel would definitely help, but Belichick knows what's what...so he doesn't bother.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Going NE--- />HC Cleveland--->KC--->NE is a step down career wise. It would be like Mail room JC Penney--->CEO Sears--->mail room JC Penney. BB won't ask and Creenel wouldn't accept. Doesn't the OP  get it?
      I think he gets it just fine. Are you saying he would rather sit and not have a job at all, if he cant get a head coaching job. when he took the dc job for KC at the beginning of the year, that was a step down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Going NE--- />HC Cleveland--->KC--->NE is a step down career wise. It would be like Mail room JC Penney--->CEO Sears--->mail room JC Penney. BB won't ask and Creenel wouldn't accept. Doesn't the OP  get it?

Just when I thought you  were turning a new leaf and being a resonable contributor, but no, alas, you're back to dumba$$$ status, like everybody else says. i try to keep an open mind about guys like you, CC, and rusty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

BB never brings coaches back.

Crennel is under contract with KC.

Crennel is too old to be BB's heir-apparent.

Crennel will probably get the HC job at KC.

BB is loyal to his staff and is more likley to promote from within.

I think there would be a better chance of an ex-Pats star coming back to help the D-coaching than Crennel making a lateral move to the Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Pioli would never let him go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]BB never brings coaches back. Crennel is under contract with KC. Crennel is too old to be BB's heir-apparent. Crennel will probably get the HC job at KC. BB is loyal to his staff and is more likley to promote from within. I think there would be a better chance of an ex-Pats star coming back to help the D-coaching than Crennel making a lateral move to the Pats.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

yeah, if Romeo gets the KC gig, I applaud him. From where I sit, he is a better DC than BB. BB is be a better HC than Romeo right now.

I don't see anybody on his staff that has potential to be the HC when BB calls it a day.

Plus, no one is knocking the door down trying to pluck away thses coordinators either.

When BB calls it a day I hope Kraft gets somebody not on BB staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Kraft will be able to pick any available coach he wants.  He will be in the catbird seat.

I agree with you.  Nobody on the staff seems worthy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crennell :    Plus, no one is knocking the door down trying to pluck away thses coordinators either.  
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

As Gomer used to say "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise"... I have no doubt O'Brien will receive lip service about a head coaching position. Bedard's recent Football Notes quoted an exec that said just that. Whether he deserves it or not he is overseeing a top 3 rated offense (again) with no real wideout and no top tier RB.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looks like RC is gonna be the HC at KC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/chiefs-plan-to-retain-romeo-crennel-as-head-coach/

Sections
Shortcuts