Crennell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Crennell

In Response to Re: Crennell:
    [QUOTE]Looks like RC is gonna be the HC at KC http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/chiefs-plan-to-retain-romeo-crennel-as-head-coach/
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
      Damn! I know it was a long shot, but I was hoping.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crennell : Certainly not going back to where he had been.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You have posted a number of times that going back to a prior position is not a good career move. At this point in Romeo's career, if he does not get the KC job, I'm going to make a guess that there are not going to be many more head coaching jobs offered to him. If he were presented the opportunity to return to New England to work for a boss he has had a great relationship with in the past, and be part of a staff for a team that is a contender year in and year out, I believe he would consider it strongly. In the business world, it is why you should never burn any bridges with former employers (right Eric Magini??). I am currently in my second term with a company I regretted leaving almost as soon as I had left. There had been a major downsizing and reorganization (related to the mortgage crisis), which I did not understand at the time, and that my boss was not at liberty to discuss with me. I had survived the cuts, but was not comfortable with what was going on and had also been offered a job much closer to home just as this was happening. I took that position, but knew almost immediately it was not a good fit for me. After the dust had settled at the old company (about 18 months later), my boss was promoted to CIO, and shortly after that contacted me about returning. He was then able to fill me in on exactly what had taken place and why. It was actually a very shrewd business move and the company emerged much stronger. I went back about 20 months ago and it has worked out very well for both of us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]There is zero chance of Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, McDaniels, and other past coord's coming back to the Pats while BB is the head coach. He doesn't work that way.  Accept it and move on.  Period. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

Guess u didnt read McDaniels is coming back to the pats?  zero huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crennell : Guess u didnt read McDaniels is coming back to the pats?  zero huh?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Mordecai: I'll be eating Crow for quite some time with that proclamation. I started my mea culpas a few days ago and will probably be reminded of that ill-proclamation quite a few more times. I was wrong....but don't get used to it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

I've heard/read today he will be the Head Coach at KC.  Wise choice on their part.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crennell : You have posted a number of times that going back to a prior position is not a good career move. At this point in Romeo's career, if he does not get the KC job, I'm going to make a guess that there are not going to be many more head coaching jobs offered to him. If he were presented the opportunity to return to New England to work for a boss he has had a great relationship with in the past, and be part of a staff for a team that is a contender year in and year out, I believe he would consider it strongly. In the business world, it is why you should never burn any bridges with former employers (right Eric Magini??). I am currently in my second term with a company I regretted leaving almost as soon as I had left. There had been a major downsizing and reorganization (related to the mortgage crisis), which I did not understand at the time, and that my boss was not at liberty to discuss with me. I had survived the cuts, but was not comfortable with what was going on and had also been offered a job much closer to home just as this was happening. I took that position, but knew almost immediately it was not a good fit for me. After the dust had settled at the old company (about 18 months later), my boss was promoted to CIO, and shortly after that contacted me about returning. He was then able to fill me in on exactly what had taken place and why. It was actually a very shrewd business move and the company emerged much stronger. I went back about 20 months ago and it has worked out very well for both of us.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Good for you.  Glad things worked out.

In the private sector it's not often companies give ex staffers another chance unless of course they are outstanding employees.  I suspect you meet that bar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]There is zero chance of Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, McDaniels, and other past coord's coming back to the Pats while BB is the head coach. He doesn't work that way.  Accept it and move on.  Period. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

You are already wrong on one count.  Crennel may consider it- our defense is so bad in the ratings he would get credit for ressurecting it.  Two years, then maybe a shot at HC somewhere.  It's still too early for an HC shot other than in KC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Made official today, he is new HC of Chiefs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

And well deserved....does he summon his old D cronies and players to KC?  We might see some more old Pats joining the Chief's ranks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]And well deserved....does he summon his old D cronies and players to KC?  We might see some more old Pats joining the Chief's ranks.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

Could be, they have a pretty defense, it's the offense he need to get fixed. Haley did a poor job with the o-line.