criticism of TB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

criticism of TB

I thought TB played very well and very much as expected Sunday. He was lights out, the best QB in football throwing to Amendola and Julian. He was indecisive and looking for something that simply wasnt there throwing to the rookies. This will improve, and TB will find a comfort level with the new guys...

But will someone explain to me....why cant this guy run for 5 yards? He clearly sees the entire field and sees the open space. He is 6'5" and 240 lbs. He needs 3 strides to cover 5 yards. It appears he sees the opening, wants to run, starts to run, and then changes his mind? No one is asking for pistol or read and run. But if Brady could have run for 15 yards total between 3-5 attempts (seemed like 40-50 were there for the taking) the outcome would have been settled a lot sooner. and for crying out loud, SLIDE!  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: criticism of TB

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I thought TB played very well and very much as expected Sunday. He was lights out, the best QB in football throwing to Amendola and Julian. He was indecisive and looking for something that simply wasnt there throwing to the rookies. This will improve, and TB will find a comfort level with the new guys...

But will someone explain to me....why cant this guy run for 5 yards? He clearly sees the entire field and sees the open space. He is 6'5" and 240 lbs. He needs 3 strides to cover 5 yards. It appears he sees the opening, wants to run, starts to run, and then changes his mind? No one is asking for pistol or read and run. But if Brady could have run for 15 yards total between 3-5 attempts (seemed like 40-50 were there for the taking) the outcome would have been settled a lot sooner. and for crying out loud, SLIDE!  

It's been driving me nuts for years. It's cost us games. SBs.

Seriously. He's so hesitant, he barely ever does it when it's right there for the taking.

He did it on Sunday, which was great, but he was so hesitant, it looked like he had cement shoes on.

I don't see it improving at this point. It's one of his flaws. 

What do you want another torn ACL and have to watch our 'future' Mallet take the team? no. roll out and buy more time for WRs to get open dont risk your health over 5 yards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

repeat, I am not looking for Vick here. But when the field is open with nothing but grass in front of him, a run and slide is not going to put him out. the knee is clearly behind him...RB's are running in 1 year on same injuries.

1st downs and TD's were his for the taking Sunday, and his indecisiveness drove me crazy...

either run or dont run...but dont start, stop, start, fall for 1 yard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Tom looks awkward when he runs and sliding for him has become an adventure. He's not the young Brady any more but I'll still take him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

repeat, I am not looking for Vick here. But when the field is open with nothing but grass in front of him, a run and slide is not going to put him out. the knee is clearly behind him...RB's are running in 1 year on same injuries.

1st downs and TD's were his for the taking Sunday, and his indecisiveness drove me crazy...

He actually said on dennis and callahan he most likely should have run when he scrambled down inside the 10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

tb's best days are way behind him, only sb in our future is if we luck into it somehow!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:

tb's best days are way behind him, only sb in our future is if we luck into it somehow!!

lol wow

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

you clowns think you know everything, names patriotrain, no other board name ever!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

you clowns think you know everything, names patriotrain, no other board name ever!!!

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—and unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—and unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

this the best you can do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

NO f'n running by Brady. END of f'n conversation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

NO f'n running by Brady. END of f'n conversation.

thank you

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

this the best you can do?

Try this leon...

Hey Phat Rex/Bustchise/anonymis/patriotrain/bungalobill/fatsam/Leon/YanksHess and a host of others....

You are a JETS TROLL...this is just for you Jets trolls and Jets fans...

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—are unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

Your quarterback: BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE.

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: New York Jets

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No way...don't want him running. First off he's too slow, this guy was slow when he was 12 years younger, now? Awful. You've got remember this guy is standing 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage to begin with...then you want him to run 4 more yards? This guy? Those perceived holes will close so fast on him that you wouldn't believe it...too me it's not worth the risk. Biggest game of the year? Sure, go for it, but not now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah Brady should have risked a knee injury in a game that we won. 

Guess what? He will run when it counts, in the playoffs. 

If you think that's a bad decision on his part you're out of your mind. 

We are one injured Brady away from an irrelevant season. 

We would NOT go 11-5 without him this time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sure let him run. Someone will give him a cheapshot. Oh well 15 yards, would it be worth it?

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

As far as I'm concerned if he never ran again I'd be fine with it.   I realy don't care if by not running he passes on a touchdown.   Not worth the risk.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ditto for me...no running except in the afccg or SB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Spot on. It happens once per game when he could get an easy 5 yeards and slide. It wont change as this has been his mo for a few years now. The SB non run bothered me. He is still the man though. A few passes he made on Sunday were unreal, on target and bullets and they had to be. Very good.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I kind of agree...I understand being careful and not risking injury, but there are times where I'm yelling (in my head or at the tv) for Brady to run into a gap that the defense has given him and gain 4-7 yards.

It is one of my very few complaints I have with Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts