Cromartie to Jets!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Cromartie to Jets!!!

Jets acquired CB Antonio Cromartie from the Chargers in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in 2011.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the pick can upgrade to a second-rounder depending on Cromartie's playing time and the Jets' performance. No one is disputing Cromartie's freakish natural talent, but Chargers GM A.J. Smith did well to pick up a valuable pick. Between Cromartie's myriad off-field issues and nonchalant on-field attitude, the Jets are taking quite a gamble. Of course, if Cromartie ever gets his head on straight, Rex Ryan's secondary will rise to a new level of dominance.

God, Revis and Cromartie in the same team. We better have great WR to counter them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Cromartie to Jets!!!

Cromartie is very overrated.  He did have a great year in 2007 but besides that has been undisciplined and inconsistent.  I read somewhere that he has six children with six different women.  What does that say about a man's maturity and judgment?  I'm not worried about the Jets getting Cromartie at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hard to tell which Cromartie will show up, but I'm not disappointed either way.  I'm willing to beg, borrow, cheat, or steal to get the Pats to go back to a balanced offense and away from the pass happy offense of late.  If the Jets have to force us to do that then so be it.  

I'm aware that the stats actually show us being fairly balanced.  It's why I hate stats.  There is no way you can watch all 16 games and think we had balance.  Perhaps we were balanced when it mattered least.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

pyegian, couldn't have said it better myself. The Jets are ticking time bomb because of their leadership. Rex' leadership style where everything is always all-in can only go so far with a locker room full of older, millionaire players. This isn't college football. I also don't think Sanchez will have a great year next year because if someone as fundamentally sound as Matt Ryan struggled, I see Sanchez face some trouble too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

plus Mangini built most of the Jets that fatboy coached last year. Fat boy reminds me a little(probably a little better coach)than Pete Carroll who fed off of Parcells teams and how'd that work out for the Patriots in the longrun??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Rex Ryan's D!!! Defensive players all talk about how they like the feeling of attacking without having to think, thatt is Ryan's D. If Cromatie buys into that the Pats are in trouble. 

Cromatie and Reevis playing man means there is no need for safety help. Ryan will blitz all 9 as much as he wants now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Still it would be nice if the Pats would actually sign some quality in the defensive backfield. They got half lucky with Bodden. Revis and Cromartie will give the Pats trouble if they don't have a good running game or tight ends(which they don't). If the season started tomorrow the Pats only advantage over the Jets is Brady. Jets D is a lot better than Pats and they have a much better running game.  Pats need to make some big plays on FA otherwise it will be putting a lot of pressure on Brady to almost win games on his own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

While the Jets get better, the Patriots are still yet to make a move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Patriots should GET either B. Marshall OR A. Boldin.  That would be a nice answer to Cromartie. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Do you really think the Pats will major a move that will make you say OMG!? The biggest move the Patriots made in my memory was when they got Randy Moss, and I don't think the Pats would've made the move if Brady didn't demand some help after the 2006 WR corps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Your probably right 49Pats, our answer is David Patten....nice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Great move for the jests...I dont know why you have to attack someone's personal life when talking about what type of player he is.  LT (the real LT) is one of the greatest players in NFL history and that guy lived reckless.  Im not saying Cromartie is LT, but what im saying is that some people can leave thier lives private and still perform well on the field.

I also believe that being surrounded by that rex ryan defense he will improve.  Pats are really going to have to start building themselves to win the division, because the jests are getting better.  This is not similar to Pete Carroll in NE.  Mangina couldnt get what Rex gets out of that defense.  If Sanchez gets any better this team will definately be the team to beat in the East, because NE looks to be in a rebuilding phase.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Anyone down playing this move is fooling themselves , AC is a great fit in NY. The PATS have played a "read and react D" while all of Ryans D have played a "read and attack D" AC is a great part , hes not the puzzle. In NY he doesnt have to be , with his talent , in that scheme he could be very good. The jets do a great job of playing team D and consistently getting pressure on the QB. Ive always loved the way Ryan get to the QB , dropping a DT back and blitzing backers , or sending a couple DBs to blitz. This is a big move and makes that team better , thats the only thing that matters. Ive been saying it all year and now more than ever the PATS need another threat at receiver. Teams were all to happy giving WW anything he wanted underneath , nobody was game-planning to stop a 10 yard slant. Trade the first and spend the money to sign Marshell. I hate getting into a pissin match with other teams(SOX/yanks) , but we need to make a counter move here. A first for Marshell is a steal , hes 26 in the prime of his career and can do it all. He can play the short game with bubble screens and quick outs and stretch the field. Theres not to many of those guys in the league , hes a 100/1200/10 TD guy. There nobody in this draft that can come close to him and at 22 all of the "potential" great players will be gone unless we trade up into the top 15.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Make no mistake this was a big move and the jets are looking better and better and more like contenders everyday. I hate to admit it , but they are. Ryans D's have always played great team D in that "read and attack" style. AC will be a perfect fit there , I hate to say it , but the PATS need to counter. *COUGH* Marshell *COUGH*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Seattle or the 49ers are going after him hard and will get him in a week or so if we dont bite. I cant understand why we wouldnt want a talent like him , a first for him would be a steal. Id rather pay him than Q who is always hurt. I love Q , but hes to risky at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The Jets defense gets better...They will have undoubtely the best defense in 2010. 

The problem the Pats have with the Jets is now exasperated, Sanchez will be a year older/better, the Jets running game is good...I see no reason the Jets should not win the AFC East next year. 

Pats better get on the ball and start being aggressive in FA. We need to turn this team around in a hurry just to stay competitive with the Jets. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Cromartie to Jets!!!:
    The Jets defense gets better...They will have undoubtely the best defense in 2010.  The problem the Pats have with the Jets is now exasperated, Sanchez will be a year older/better, the Jets running game is good...I see no reason the Jets should not win the AFC East next year.  Pats better get on the ball and start being aggressive in FA. We need to turn this team around in a hurry just to stay competitive with the Jets. 
    Posted by PatsLifer

They may lose 2 of their RB's (Jones and Leon Washington) to free agency.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Jerks pick up another player who is experienced at losing home playoff games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Headcase.  They'll follow this up with signing Adalius, another stiff.  The Pats are laughing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

For those who say this isn't a big play by the Jets are kidding themselves. Since when does having multiple kids by multiple women not make you a good football player?? That's just silly. Anyhow, teams dont test Revis because the guy is a disruptive corner. So, naturally Cro's gonna get his hands on alot of balls. Catching the ball wasn't his issue last season. It was tackling while playing the run and being afraid to stick his head in there. The guy is a man to man coverage beast, still. The change of scenary added with a coach that oozes confidence(sometimes unwarranted) will be great for him. As much as Rex blitzes, he'll be man to man the majority of games. And that is his strong suit..get a clue!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

You can't merely poke at Cromartie here. Along with Reevis, the Jets have a great pair of pass defenders. No doubt at all this is all to beat the Patriots. 

We have to have some smash mouth RB's and a big TE. Without a superb running game, Brady will rely on the passing game and that would make for a long year. I've said this all along, bring smash mouth ball back. Big backs to wear 'em down and a big, capable TE. BB is observing this no doubt and making plans accordingly. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The key (for the Jests) is the pass rush; if that's everpresent then Cromartie will be a good CB. Revis is Revis, he'll be good no matter what. Sanchise could have a down year now that opponents have film on him. Jones and Washington were/are quality players. Washington killed us on returns. I could see the Jests going after a WR or TE in the draft. Gresham or Tate ? Solid possesion guys/end zone threats. Always felt that getting Gonzalez for Ryan (Matt) was a good idea.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Well, Bodden may be on his way out or not. We won't know about that soon. Dunta Robinson is very close to a great deal with Falcons. Dansby will be signing with Miami. Jests have Cromartie. I wonder what are we doing? No Bodden means Wilhite as a corner and that is just sad! On the other corner is Butler, who is impressive, but cannot expect too much from a 2nd yr player.
    Dunta could have been a great fit for us. He is physical and tackles well, unlike Cromartie. We better draft a stud CB in the draft. I would say take the best CB with our 22 (if Bodden doesn't resign). Use the other 2nd rounders to either move up and draft a stud OLB/DE, or hope some one falls to us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

as usual for BB (as over the last 4 years) the Patriots ar enow in even bigger trouble while doing nothing about it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Bmadmax, agree on Bodden. if we don't sign him then the Pats are very thin at CB. I am not sold on Wilhite or Wheatley, I believe Butler can be a good CB; he'll be better in year two or year 3. The problem would be that we have nickel and dime CBs and no legitmate quality starters if Bodden leaves. In a pass heavy league, the Pats would arguably get shredded on weekly basis. Could we draft a SS and move Meriweather to CB ? You see this opens a huge can of worms in the secondary. Keeping in mind the Pass rush has been off-season priority #1. No pass rush + thin secondary means the Pats O will have to score a ton of points to win most games.