Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football

Just like the Miami Heats, The Jets will not go as far as the media has crowned them. 

Both the Jets and Heat are missing an integral part of any good team. The Jets have a 0 at the QB position and the Heats have a 0 at the Center position. Any team with a good big man will own the Heat (Orlando, Boston, LA) and any team with a good run defense will own the Jets. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football:
    [QUOTE]Jets lose week 1 mark it down.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

Jets start the season 0-2 mark it down. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

whodahelldat??  so are you a loser jest fan???  i just want to make sure when your loser team stands up and is the best defense in nfl history... (smiling) and your loser team wins the afc east... (chuckling)   and the afc...(laughing).....

and the superbowl...(hysterical).....   cant you just see it now???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Funny NO-ONE from NFL.com has the Yets in the Superbowl..  they all pick Greenbay / Ravens, Dolts, Chargers, or Bengals

Sporting News = Jets over Cowboys.. Not surprised I don't pay for that rag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Empty barrells make the most noise! This guy's going to get lit up playing opposite Revis. Like in poker they're all in, most of the players are in on this dangerous game they're playing with the media and with Baltimore/New England/Miami the first three on thier schedule anything less than two wins will be enough to get the media turned against them. I can't remember this ever working out, maybe the Bears in 85 but even they didn't start until much later in the seaon. Good luck
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam

I was thinking the other day that the guy who lines up opposite Revis is gonna see a lot of balls throw his way.  But I'm sure Cromartie is up to the challenge in his mind.  We'll see.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Cromartie better worry about himself and the fact he cant cover.  Hes a corner who cant cover to save his life but has amazing ball skills. Sadly that wont cut it and Kyle Wilson will be starting opposite of Revis sooner than later.

2 outta the three pickups the Jets made will fail this year and thats LT, and Cro. Holmes will be a pretty good upgrade over Cotchery but hes still an overrated talent.

Overrated team? Yup happy Cro can agree with that. Week 2 get here now

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

We will be fine, trust me.  This is what Cro wanted.  He wants to play man, he wants the job.  Well, he got the job and as you point out he will have the opportunity to flourish or flop.  From what I saw in the preseason is encouraging.  The leagues best defense got better this offseason.  Believe what you want but that is the truth.  Upgrades to the D Line, Pass Rush and Secondary.  You wish you had the defense the jets have.

We have a very good test this Monday against the Ravens.  Your defense has a decent test against what could be a very good offense in the Bengals since there is no pressure on them.  Bengals are a finess offense and I dont know if your defense has the muscle to pound their finess team into defeat like we did twice at teh end of last year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

blue waffles>pancakes

Still!!!

Cro likes man and doesnt do well in zone.  that was his problem, the Jets defense is the solution.  If you saw LT running some "vanilla" run plays, he looked damn good.  If he stays healthy, along with greene we will bring the ground and pound to NE with nothing buy your pride on the line towards the end of the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Good Afternoon Gang! I came here today to discuss the pats because we are here at BDC and it's supposed to be a pats forum but all the threads are about the Jets?! Well it is good to see that the obsession with everything New York is still alive and well in beantown. So now on to the pats-Logan Mankins ...Logam Mankins ...anyone ...anyone. The pats lack of a pass rush ...any subject will do but my goodness all the Jets talk!???
    Posted by MasterHess-[/QUOTE]

Well it's good to see your obsession with this board....how many times have you been banned? how many accounts do you have? how many lies have you told? and the big one how many super bowls have you seen the jets win?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

You wish you had the defense the jets have

The Jests wish they had the offense that we have. I bet with Gronkowski and Hernandez that Revis will see balls thrown to his side of the field. Brady wont back down from him. He hasn't even had a week of practice yet. The ravens won't go easy on him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Hope A/C actually hits someone before that Defensive coronation...Gulp!

In my mid they are still the "NY YETS" until they beat someone that matters....

They have a chance to prove something  right outta the blocks on Monday Night Football too....

Nope, no microphone for the McSlim either....but it would be funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Just like the Miami Heats, The Jets will not go as far as the media has crowned them.  Both the Jets and Heat are missing an integral part of any good team. The Jets have a 0 at the QB position and the Heats have a 0 at the Center position. Any team with a good big man will own the Heat (Orlando, Boston, LA) and any team with a good run defense will own the Jets. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    And the Bulls had Cartright and Longley at center. What are you trying to say?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Leon has already picked and used another name...what a complete tool

He played DIV1 football you know :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Just like the Miami Heats, The Jets will not go as far as the media has crowned them.  Both the Jets and Heat are missing an integral part of any good team. The Jets have a 0 at the QB position and the Heats have a 0 at the Center position. Any team with a good big man will own the Heat (Orlando, Boston, LA) and any team with a good run defense will own the Jets. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    uh, at the risk of highjacking the thread...the heat dont need any production from the center position...neither did the bulls

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Yeah they are the Heat of the NFL...overrated and destine to fail...both won't reach the Third round

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Another quote from Cro: CB Antonio Cromartie : “This defense can be really good. We’re looking to be the best in the history of NFL football. We’re setting our goals high, and that’s what we’re looking forward to.” As for Sanchize, he will continue to grow and get more consistent.  That is what he lacked last year.  I saw glimpses of greatness but he obviously went through stretches where he would struggle. You guys can write him off, I like his chances of building off the late season success.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

When they got him to keep it basic, he was o.k.  If the defense doesn't get pounded, I think he will be ok.  I'm not too sure about his attitude though.  I don't think the defense will hold up, though.  I think a lot of what you guys got last year was through the exotic blitz route.  Look at the difference between the first and second games against the Pats.  I HONESTLY don't see LT as an upgrade from Jones, Green MAY be the equal of Washington.  Cromartie for Sheppard, maybe, maybe not.  So I'm calling the Jets at even to last year on both sides of the ball.  I'm calling the Pats better on offense by a good margin, and even or less on defense.  We could be better, but I'm sure we won't be worse.  What will be different is we know your schemes better, so that edge has been lost.  I honestly believe they will attack Revis.  I would.  Shake him, you shake the whole team.  And I think he can be had.  Problem is, he will be on Moss, and that is NOT the guy I would think can beat him.  Welker, Edelman, or Hernandez would be my choice.  I say we win BOTH Jet games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Honda-Just a quick FYI-When I start a thread it only lasts a couple of minutes.I'm guessing it's the subject matter? For instance the other day I started a thread about Brady titled-"Tom Brady's Summer of Discontent" that brought up how Brady just blew off his teammates this off season and never participated in the off season workout program. It was great thread with a lot of back and forth then all of the sudden...POOF it just disappeared??? The MODS must be big time homers and never let anybody say anything bad about Brady.Almost exactly like all the sports writers for the Globe.
    Posted by MasterHess-[/QUOTE]

No, its not content.  ITS YOU.  WE HATE YOU.  IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?
    ALSO, ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE "HOMER" MODS ON THIS PATRIOTS FOOTBALL FORUM?  OF COURSE THEY ARE HOMERS, ITS NOT A GENERAL FOOTBALL FORUM YOU TOAD!  GO TO NFL.COM AND BOTHER PEOPLE THERE IF YOU WANT A NEUTRAL SITE.  THIS SITE ISN'T ONE, DOESN'T PRETEND TO BE ONE, AND IS FAIR IN DELETING YOUR SILLY, JET LOVING, ANTI-PATRIOT THREADS.  GO TO SOME SILLY HOPELESS JET FAN SITE FOR JET STUFF.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts