Cross our fingers on Brandon Tate.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickD33. Show NickD33's posts

Cross our fingers on Brandon Tate.

I hope we can eventually incorporate this kid into our game day roster. He's a game changer and I really can't see him doing any worse than Galloway.
    Is it just me or has this offense seemed just stale. I see all these other teams injected with youthful weapons like the Eagles, Vikings, and Giants and we seem so content with an aging Moss, over used Welker and No feature back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Cross our fingers on Brandon Tate.

In Response to Cross our fingers on Brandon Tate.:
    [QUOTE]I hope we can eventually incorporate this kid into our game day roster. He's a game changer and I really can't see him doing any worse than Galloway. Is it just me or has this offense seemed just stale. I see all these other teams injected with youthful weapons like the Eagles, Vikings, and Giants and we seem so content with an aging Moss, over used Welker and No feature back.
    Posted by NickD33[/QUOTE]

Yeah what are we thinking going with old man Moss and "over used Welker" Yeah Tates the answer. Yeah. Maybe when Tate gets of the exercise bike and learns how to practice in the NFL then we can talk about using him......in practice.

?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

How about the Pats just pickup a WR that can practice, play, and learn the playbook.  Or am I nuts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Cross our fingers on Brandon Tate.:
    [QUOTE]How about the Pats just pickup a WR that can practice, play, and learn the playbook.  Or am I nuts?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I remember back in the old NFL 60's and 70's when all teams had were 2 WR's and they would catch 30-40 passes a year.  It has certainly changed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

How can anyone be a NFL "game changer" when he has never played a single snap in the NFL? Getting a little ahead of yourself? I also hope he is a good productive player but to say he is a game changer is a bit premature.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tate is not likely back this year. David Tyree was picked up off waivers by some other team..I really don't know who else is out there. I have seen numerous mock drafts that have the Pats taking a WR with one of their 4 picks in the first 64 in 2010....all sighting Moss' age and Welker's getting hit hard as viable reasons for Belichick drafting a WR that high (see; Chad Jackson).  I have seen this 2011 mock that has the Pats taking a WR with the Seymour/Raiders pick....

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2011mock.htm

Arrelious Benn.....#9 overall.....we are talking about the Raiders right...That might be their pick, but I doubt the Pats draft a WR that high.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I doubt we ever take a WR that high. I dont care if Moss breaks his neck we still dont draft a WR that high. When was teh last time a top drafted WR did well in the NFL? If anything its the guys in the later rounds that own the NFL. Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I don´t Believe he´s going to be ready this year. He had a bad injury.

Something else, i do not think BB is worried about de WR situation, he´s confident in what he has... otherwise we would have used Nunn, but he´s not.

6 key passes is everything that have us worried, and maybe de difference between 3-2 and 4-1 or 5-0... Relax, by the bye week everything is going to be O.K.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GzaGenius21. Show GzaGenius21's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt we ever take a WR that high. I dont care if Moss breaks his neck we still dont draft a WR that high. When was teh last time a top drafted WR did well in the NFL? If anything its the guys in the later rounds that own the NFL. Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

The last time a top pick wide reciever was good was Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Fitzgerald, possibly the best 3 WR in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt we ever take a WR that high. I dont care if Moss breaks his neck we still dont draft a WR that high. When was teh last time a top drafted WR did well in the NFL? If anything its the guys in the later rounds that own the NFL. Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Calvin Johnson (2nd pick overall in the '07 draft)
    Andre Johnson (3rd pick overall in the 03 draft)
    Larry Fitzgerald (3rd pick overall in the 04 draft)

That's besides the point though, how about we just get a WR. I'd take anyone. We just need someone with some hands and a brain. Aiken is a ST, Galloway is on my do-do list, Tate was an electrifying return man in college. He wasn't known for receiving.

We need a receiver. Moss and Welker are going to get hurt if Brady keeps forcing them the ball in double coverage. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

lets not crown him with anything yet. the guy hasn't even played in an NFL game yet.  have we forgot about the david tarell's, peter warrick's and the bethel johnsons already. get use to the fact that you probably won't see tate in a pats uniform this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]I don´t Believe he´s going to be ready this year. He had a bad injury. Something else, i do not think BB is worried about de WR situation, he´s confident in what he has... otherwise we would have used Nunn, but he´s not. 6 key passes is everything that have us worried, and maybe de difference between 3-2 and 4-1 or 5-0... Relax, by the bye week everything is going to be O.K.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

Who's to say he won't be ready? Remember Ronnie Brown blew out his ACL against the Pats in 2007 and was ready to start opening day the next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't they have Nunn left to chose from?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cross our fingers on Brandon Tate. : Who's to say he won't be ready? Remember Ronnie Brown blew out his ACL against the Pats in 2007 and was ready to start opening day the next year.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

He is ready. 

Carson Palmer blew out his knee in the AFC divisional game against the Steelers in 2006 and he was ready for game 1. The question is, is he a WR? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Man, I've had just about enough of all of this... When TFB is back to being the QB he can be the globe might as well shut down the server that runs this board because there will be little to nothing to complain about. If the outcome was different on two key incompletions last Sunday the Pats win that game 31-17.

Wide receiver is really not the problem with this team. It is all around consistency and sometimes questionable play calling on both sides of the ball.  All of these things will be cured with small fixes and the glue that comes with the age of a season. It's not who this team is in October that matters, it's who this team is in January and I have my money on them to gel.

p.s.
    Remember 2006 when Reche Caldwell was the number 1 receiver??? End thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from refisc. Show refisc's posts

I like what we've seen from Edelman so far. He could absolutely develop into an excellent slot receiver, and may also have the speed to stretch the field. Not to mention the fact that he can throw the ball and opens a ton of wildcat-like options. The play they ran a few years back when Brady through a screen to Moss, Moss sent it back to Brady and the Brady hit someone (Gaffney?) deep? Imagine that with Edelman catching the initial pass- he can take off, send it back to Brady or throw it downfield himself. The guy is a weapon in training.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

we have good recievers, brady will get better. qb is probably the toughest position to play in any sport and he missed a season. tough to come back to right away. his timing and accuracy are not there yet but he will improve. the play calling is too predictable and that doesn't help much either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

are you nuts!

Cross our fingers for what?

What has been hurting us this year?

1) Field Position, if tate can get us a 25.2 yard advatage like we had last year we would start at or around the thirty when he returns the ball IF it is returnable...

@ the moment i feel we are always stuck at or around the 20 regardless which means if brady takes a seven step drop he is throwing from the 12 yard line which is a shame

2) In theroy Tate become MOSS and MOSS becomes Tate... Randy has the ability to run any route in this system so send Tate out on the blistering posts and deep outs and flags ands try to hit Moss on the stuff underneath

All we would need Tate to do is break one or two big plays with his 4.2 4.3 spead and then we could tell them to line up on each end and it is 2007 again.

3) In 2007 i thought Randy was alwasy the HOT read i think the patriots have moved him from 1 to 2 in Brady read progression and that is because he is being double and it also prevents QB hits but in 07 Brady had no trouble standing back their and firing deep.

Moss cannot keep running out there like a pony and never get the ball... team player or not sooner or later if you are running 40 yards down the field 65 times a game and your not the HOT read has to hurt... for one the man is 33 not 31 now for two he looks like he is laboring... maybe his shoulders hurt from trying to carry himself and the team

I am not going to Cross my fingers i am just going to have faith that the most explosive player in college football last year....! A kid that averaged a total of 167 yards of offense and scored 9 TD's in four games is going to be better than his partner Hakeem Nicks who looks GREAT

The scouts say TATE is the better pro so cross what ever you want we all just need to beleive this kid IS THE ANSWER...

AMEN

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

All Tate needs to do is be able to catch the ball. If he can catch, he is already much better than Galloway and Aiken put together. 

Brady just needs a third read.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The 49ers used the 10th pick in the draft and just guaranteed boatloads of money to a very fast guy who runs two routes. Even if all Tate can run is a "go" and has decent hands, it's a step towards 2007.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tate is a burner.  That's all that BB wanted from Galloway (besides a brain that wasn't dinged up permanently). 

In a way, Tate being on the PUP and not taking up a roster spot has been a gift to BB.  That's why BB drafted mister one-knee in the first place, because rook WRs are useless appendages on the team for a while.

I suspect that in the meantime a semi-healthy walking and trotting Tate has now caught 50,000 fastballs from the jugs machine, he's been over and over the Patriots' play book, he's added 10 pounds of muscle to his upper frame in the weight room, and he's pulled down thousands of coach-thrown balls where he drags two feet right at the sideline or at the back goal line.  Tate just hasn't worked on the field with Brady himself.  As soon as Brady is satisfied that Tate runs about as fast as Galloway and isn't a deadbrain, Brady-to-Tate is a go.

The easiest position to fill in is kickoff returns.  Rookies who drop kickoff returns have 2 extra seconds to fall on them in the endzone for not too much harm.  If Tate's ready to go, in week 7 Maroney is out, Tate is in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

All of this proves that letting Gaffney go was one of the dumber moves in recent  history.  Tate will not be a panacea, if and when he joins the roster this season.

The upshot of the receiving this year is that Watson has decided to apply super-glue to his hands and made some big grabs.  If not for that, who knows where they'd be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think:

1. If Brady was like the old Brady, we'd be 5-0 right now and not having any receiver discussions.

2. Tate will contribute as a returner this year.  He was a very good returner in college, and there is little reason to think that won't transfer to the NFL.

3. I haven't got a clue if he will contribute as a WR.  I think Edelman has proven that it is possible for a rookie to come in and pickup our offense and contribute.  He wasn't even a WR.  Some rookies on other teams are also doing great this year.  That said, I'm not going to hold my breath on this. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

its time for us to hit a receiver in the draft. Hopefully Tate is the one. I cannot imagine what to say if he turns out to be a bust!! 

I know they are not supposed to be on the practice team while on PUP. But do they practice when media is not on the field?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]its time for us to hit a receiver in the draft. Hopefully Tate is the one. I cannot imagine what to say if he turns out to be a bust!!  I know they are not supposed to be on the practice team while on PUP. But do they practice when media is not on the field?
    Posted by Bradythebest[/QUOTE]

Belichick use to make them practice, then a former player pulled a Ratgini. 

Sections
Shortcuts