Crowd is PATHETIC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Crowd is PATHETIC

Anyone else notice that the stadium seems half full and the crowd is incredibly quiet. I hate playing games out of the US. The people just don'tunderstand the game or know when to cheer. Please Roger Godell stop trying to RUIN the league. Lastly...soccer B.L.O.W.S.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Crowd is PATHETIC

In Response to Crowd is PATHETIC:
    Anyone else notice that the stadium seems half full and the crowd is incredibly quiet. I hate playing games out of the US. The people just don'tunderstand the game or know when to cheer. Please Roger Godell stop trying to RUIN the league. Lastly...soccer B.L.O.W.S.
    Posted by jam757

They looked about as lively as the women in their polo-shirts, and men in their wool crew-necks in the first row at Gillette (sorry it had to be said after last week's game where the Titan's offense was going on a silent count...which should be COMPLETELY unacceptable, and should be IMPOSSIBLE for the other Team to do at another Team's HOME Field (i.e. Gillette)...  Btw, wouldn't have happened at Sullivan Stadium (well, mostly because You couldn't sit down on those freezing cold metal bleachers...and when you finally did, You Screamed...HENCE: Crowd Noise.

BUT RE: The UK crowd...They were all having collective heart palpations at actually watching a professional game where the final score was MORE than 1-0 (i.e. Soocer), SO I hope they're all O.k.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

A quite road game is what you wish for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The goal is to have a world league in all sports...doubt if they're cut back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

How would we do with a cricket match?  At least they turn out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

In Response to Crowd is PATHETIC:
    Posted by jam757

To suggest that the fans at today's game - myself included - don't understand the game is pure ignorance on your part. As a contest the game was over in the 1st quarter - there was very little for the neutral fan (and there were a lot of them at the game today) to cheer about.

It was a lacklustre game, and I imagine it wouldn't have been much louder at Gillette given that the majority of the game was effectively a non event.

Thanks for you opinion on soccer by the way - the fact that it is BY FAR the biggest most popular sport in the world suggests that you are the one out of touch with the sporting world...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

Oh, and there were over 84,000 at the game today. It was a sell out. I'm not sure how it looked "half full"...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Hay the Foxboro crowd is pathetic.  I haven't seen too many false starts from the opposition in the last 5 years.  We don't get loud like Indy, Pittsburg etc.  From what I have read on this board the tickets are basically all corporate fat cats, not the true gard core factory worker football fan.  Too bad we couldn't get more noise out of these guys.  I guess Seymour was right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeterPatriotPal. Show PeterPatriotPal's posts

seriously who cares if they were quiet for the titans game we won 59-0 they all probobly went home.  Stop being so damn picky guys I swear its people like this that pick on every detail that makes other people hate us as fans.  It also makes free agent players not want to play here, and dont say im exxagerating because im not the reporters in this town just mirror the spoiled rotten fans.  Just enjoy the blowouts and the successful teams for gods sake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Crowd is PATHETIC:
    [Soccer- the fact that it is BY FAR the biggest most popular sport in the world suggests that you are the one out of touch with the sporting world...
    Posted by PatsFanUK[/QUOTE]

Please UKFan Soccer is the most boring sport to watch period.  I love playing the game and even played some college soccer, but lets just admit to watch a nil nil game is boring unless you are a rioting drunk. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: Crowd is PATHETIC:
    As a contest the game was over in the 1st quarter - there was very little for the neutral fan (and there were a lot of them at the game today) to cheer about. It was a lacklustre game, and I imagine it wouldn't have been much louder at Gillette given that the majority of the game was effectively a non event. Posted by PatsFanUK

Spot on. It was lackluster in Texas also but you have to love the result! I guess we were all juiced up about last weeks game and were hoping for more of the same. On a side note, Merriweather is looking the part of STUD. Rodney Jr?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kraftownzrevs. Show kraftownzrevs's posts

can-pats-fan, Hmmm you say it's boring. How then is it the most popular sport in the world? You are ignorant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever.  It's a really minor point.  I dont think alot of them were fans of either team, judging from all the jerseys of nfl teams there.  they just wanted to see some football.  I thought they were great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

There were huge sections of EMPTY seats in the middle of the field. I don't know what game you were watching but on TV it was one of the quietest games i've ever seen. I was shocked when i heard the annouced attendance. While i agree that Gilette is sometimes not as loud as it should be for playoff games that place rocks. Lastly, yes i'm saying that "the world is completely wrong" when it comes to soccer. I can't even watch more than 60 seconds of that PATHETIC game. I do think think the NFL should be playing regular season games outside of the US undaer ANY circumstances. I am a proud American Football  supporter. YES...the WORLD is wrong...

Sections
Shortcuts