Crumpler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Crumpler

I saw it. He called him "priceless" and I was a bit shocked by that because I've never heard Belichick praise one of his [active] players that way. Of course, during Bruschi's retirement, he cried and called him "the perfect player."

Did you also notice that he seemed happier than usual? I think he has a good feeling about this team...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The guy suc_ks, did you see that dropped ball last night? lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Big Time. Best play of the preseason was when he mauled the ATL defense as a FB for Fred Taylors 25 yard td run. He is a leader a big time blocker and can still catch the ball (other then the 1st play where Brady hit him wide open). I honestly don't think we could have a better TE to help this team in so many ways. Tudoring  the Gronk and AH goes a long way too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

He's a blocking TE so any catches he can make is a bonus. Chris Johnson wouldnt have piled up all the stats w/o Crumpler. He did make a circus catch against the Rams though. Brady said he was trying to throw the ball out of bounds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Good to have another leader.

I really like Crumpler, I really like Gronkowski, I really like Hernandez.  I like the way Taylor has been running.  Welker, Moss, and Edelman return to the offense.  This could be a very, very good offense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Crumpler:
    [QUOTE]Yea Belichick loves the guy but he s*cks. Come on now Tcal. He dropped a ball in a pre season game big deal.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Think you missed the LOL following his sentence.  I think it was sarcasm. 

We can put a man on the moon but we still can't make a sarcasm font? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crumpler : Think you missed the LOL following his sentence.  I think it was sarcasm.  We can put a man on the moon but we still can't make a sarcasm font? 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

We have that. It's called Comic Sans Serif

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

That is a great font, thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I've watched him down here in Atlanta since Day One. He'll be a great addition to the passing game. For years, opposing teams knew that Vick only trusted one guy but somehow Crumpler still put up stellar numbers. He was the force behind Dunn's running here and Johnson in Tennessee. Remember who is his QBs were in Tennessee. That has a lot to do with any drop-off in production. With Brady, he'll light it up again.

I think Belichick is willing to trade a drop in production for the tutoring he'll bring to the young guys and the professionalism. Never heard a word down here about him being late or whining about balls thrown his way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I said on another thread there is no need, moving forward, this year to force another ball to a WR.  We have 3 excellent sets of hands at the TE position.  I think we can win games using our WR as pure decoys.  That's how confident I am with their abilities. 

I do think in the last 2 preseason games they were not throw to enough or at least as much as I would of liked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He can still catch, he just didn't that time.  He sure hit up that seam route, though.  I'm torn in my fantasy ( I took him, Gronk, and Herandez) but I started Gronk.  Crump is a bucketload of man, for sure.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Crumpler and the rooks add a new dimension to this already potent offense. Crumps is a good blocker plus he can sneak his 275 pound body downfield for the big play. He's a great addition to this team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i just was to see kepp crumpling some defensive linemen. if he gets some cathes that's a plus. I can see him lineup as FB on 4th and 1 on the goal line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Glad that Bill is high on Crumpler, someone compared him to Coates, and I couldn't disagree more.I Like Crumpler, but I remember Coates catching passes with a couple of safeties and a linebacker hanging on him. He'd just grab the thing out of the air, absorb a huge hit, shrug a guy off him and carry the other guy 10 more yards. I also remember watching this guy take off from the line, I couldn't believe how fast he could move, it was a very unusual sight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Good addition and don't underestimate his hands. I believe he led the Falcons in receiving for two years with Vick throwing to him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crumpler : I like Crumpler a lot.  It was a great signing.  BB is average at both drafting and FAs, not great, not bad (I couldn't be sure you knew what average meant). Of course, for every Crumpler, there is your Chris Baker, Becht, Fauria, and of course the tight ends that he drafted. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Youa re putrid. Not because you are a Jests fan, but because you know little about what you comment on.

Bryon Cox
    Terrel Buckley
    Tebucky Jones
    Jarvis Green
    Roman Phifer
    Mike Vrabel
    Christian Fuaria
    Rodney Harrison
    Rosy Colvin
    Asante Samuel
    Vince Wilfork
    Ty Warren
    Seon Branch
    David Givens
    Daniel Graham
    Corey Dillion
    Randy Moss   
    To be fair you didn't say he was "average" at trading. Is this something BB is good at? In your unbiased Jets fans opinion of course?
    Wes Welker
    Adalius Thomas
    Matt Light
    Dan Koppen
    Damian Woody
    Marc Edwards
    Brandon Merriweather
    Jerod Mayo
    JR SEAU

This is all I could think of in 2 minutes.

And then all the guys he has drafted the last few years which look good.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for anybody I missed. We wouldn't have 3 SUPERBOWLS WITHOUT YOU.

Hey Phatrex good post buddy. Way to look smart.

P.S I'll mail you a check for 20 bucks if you can tell me how many Superbowl rings the above mentioned players have between them.
    Ready? Go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Crumpler is not Ben Coates.  He's actually an offensive tackle who can catch some passes.  Last year he was paired with one of the NFL's worst quarterbacks who couldn't see Crumpler as a target, so he didn't catch many passes, but he made the most of what he got. 

For the running game he makes up for about 50% of the loss of Logan Mankins, and he works cheap.  His downside is that he's in his mid-50s and can't recover from bumps and bruises quickly.  On the other hand, he's so huge that it will always be the other guy who gets injured.  Especially watch the defensive backs he hits after he catches a pass.  A 275 pounder with a football reminds me of Jerome Bettis plus 23 pounds on top of that.

Gronk is already better as an all-purpose tight end than Crumpler, so he'd be a better Ben Coates.  Still, expect BB to call on both Crumpler and Gronk in short yardage situations.  They will plow even Maroney over the first down marker or into the end zone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crumpler : I like Crumpler a lot.  It was a great signing.  BB is average at both drafting and FAs, not great, not bad (I couldn't be sure you knew what average meant). Of course, for every Crumpler, there is your Chris Baker, Becht, Fauria, and of course the tight ends that he drafted. 
    Tannenbaum is so much better. For every (He'll get a QB right one day),  there is a Sanchez, Farve, Pennington and Clemens. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crumpler : Think you missed the LOL following his sentence.  I think it was sarcasm.  We can put a man on the moon but we still can't make a sarcasm font? 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I was ready to jump on him also but thought that HAD to be sarcasm. :)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crumpler : That is all the what you could think of in two minutes?  All the players who have worn a Patriots uniform?  What is that list suppose to show?

You don't know what this list is? After you make a statement saying BB is only average at drafting and in FA? Good try dude. You really are a Jests fan, always the weasel when confronted with the truth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]He's a blocking TE so any catches he can make is a bonus. Chris Johnson wouldnt have piled up all the stats w/o Crumpler. He did make a circus catch against the Rams though. Brady said he was trying to throw the ball out of bounds.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]He is not just a blocking TE. the guy went to Pro Bowls with Michael Vick throwing to him.

25. This post has been removed.