Crumpler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Crumpler

I watched Alge handle Peppers one on one in Chicago.  How glad are you that we didn't waste $100+ Million on him.  Our O-line will dominate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Crumpler

I'm glad we picked up Crump

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I'm not a capologist, so I'm not sure how much negative impact a Peppers contract would have had on the eventual Pats roster. Guy is a heck of a player, though.

But you're right in that Crump is a beast on the line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Peppers is better than anyone on our line but at what cost? So far, the value has been marginal at best. We're not hindering our cap either by tying so much money into one guy. Instead, we have a bunch of "nobody's" that still get the job done, although it's not as often as we'd like (still lacking some pressure).

And that's what those picks are for in April =)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I really hope Crumpler never ever retires. He's a beast. Just ask Chris Johnson.Any wonder he is going to rush for about 1/2 the yards he did last while Crumpler was blocking for the Titans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

This guy's impact has has been imeasurable, even if only us die-hards are noticing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Crump has been amazing!  Actually, the whole team has.
    They've taken us from heart attacks to hysteria in a flash.
    No matter what happens from here on out, it's been a magical season.
     Still, I think the best is yet to come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Crumpler:
    [QUOTE]Crump has been amazing!  Actually, the whole team has. They've taken us from heart attacks to hysteria in a flash. No matter what happens from here on out, it's been a magical season.  Still, I think the best is yet to come.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Pezz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have a climax.  I'm gonna have a heart attack!!  I'm going to have a huge orrgasm.  You said something all by yourself.  You said something good.  I love it.  You said something about magic.  You said something about TEAM.  Congrats bro.  You have taken your first few steps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

Blockers get almost no recognization (which is quite sad),  but Crumper is simply amazing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

1. Peppers, when motivated, is an absolute beast-make no mistake.  Was he worth the $$? Debatable
    2. Dumpsta Crumps is the grand champion of seal blocks, when it's time to clear a lane crumpler is always ready to maul.  Great veteran signing, I hope the Pats can keep him around for a few more years 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: Crumpler:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a capologist, so I'm not sure how much negative impact a Peppers contract would have had on the eventual Pats roster. Guy is a heck of a player, though. But you're right in that Crump is a beast on the line.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

I think Alge just added several years to Matt Light's career.  This is the O Line I have dreamed about.  Gronk has made some pretty darn good blocks as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Crump is like an extra Tackle out there, but a Linebacker or a safety have to stay on their toes at the same time as he could drop into the flat for short pass and rumble down.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

after the season crumpler has had and the impact it has made on this team i wouldn't be surprised if BB managed to get a contract extension worked out with him in this offseason even though he is signed through next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Crump is only on a one year deal - right?

I hope they sign him for at least one more year to help Gronk and A Bomb for one more season!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no he signed a 2 year contract but i would love it if that was extended to a 4 year contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I think BB knows what Alge brings to the team concept. Thats why he made him a captain the week after the Moss trade. The way he took up for Gronk in the locker room with the media after the browns game.I'm sure that meant a ton to Gronk. That showed his greatness as a leader. He's one of the heroes of this team. Although he won't probably won't get the spot light shown on him in the end.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- When walking into the Patriots' locker room, tight ends Aaron Hernandez, Alge Crumpler and Rob Gronkowski have lockers side by side by side.

Crumpler, the 10-year veteran, has Hernandez to his left and Gronkowski to the right.

This morning, a large media contingent gathered around Hernandez and there was a quick moment that seemed to capture the veteran leadership that Crumpler provides. Hernandez was asked a question about Monday's 45-3 win over the Jets, and his running after the catch.

Crumpler, sitting in his chair and not visible to Hernandez, then yelled out: "Get off the Jets!"

I caught the exchange while interviewing Gronkowski. I thought it reflected the presence and tone that Crumpler, a team captain, sets with the two younger tight ends and how he reinforces the week-to-week mantra that Bill Belichick preaches. It also might have been a message to the reporter asking the question.

It turns out Hernandez didn't need the help. His answer had already been given.

"All I can think about is the Bears. I forgot about the Jets," he said. "It's a new week."