Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted or because of his kicking consultant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted or because of his kicking consultant

CSNNE.com STAFF REPORT

Billy Cundiff was apparently distracted on the sideline before his fourth-quarter field goal attempt. 

According to TMZ.com, two Ravens players said that Cundiff was being yelled at by coaches immediately prior to missing the 32-yard kick that essentially ended Baltimore's season.

One Ravens player said he witnessed the confrontation. The other did not witness it but says it was widely discussed among Ravens players.

According to the story, right before Cundiff took the field, he was practicing kicks on the sidelines. But as the Ravens got within field goal range, Cundiff never approached the field signaling that he was ready to go in. 

TMZ reports that coaches repeatedly called for Cundiff "at least six times" and the kicker did not respond. 

TMZ's sources with the Ravens say that the locker room, players and coaches alike, believe that Cundiff was not ready to kick. That begs the question, though, why didn't Baltimore's coaches call a timeout? The Ravens ended the game with one unused timeout. 

Cundiff's teammates didn't give him trouble after the miss, saying, "We didn't give him a hard time because he looked like he was ready to kill himself."

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted..........

Cundiff missed the kick because he s**ks and plays for a bunch of losers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

its cunLEFT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted..........:
    What does TMZ know?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Just passing it on for laughs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

cund wiff

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Sour grapes and an attempt by a wanna be news staff to stir the pot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought he missed it because I put my hex on him.  I only break it out for special occassions and it almost never fails.  It's more effective on field goals than on passes.

I almost got him on the prior attempt, but I started it late and wasn't able to push the ball far enough to the right.  But I got him on last attempt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

How about BB deciding not to call the timeout and Ice the Kicker. Imagine how that would have been had he missed the first kick and then got another chance. I saw that happen a couple of times this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I thought he saw all the cheerleaders lined up behind the goal posts giving him an eyefull!!!!  LOL!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

i believe it was the hand of Myra Kraft as a gift to her grieving husband

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

Yeah, I heard he was late to even get onto the field to set up. Another example of things you never hear happening to NE due to BB's obsession with preparation and detail. Edge, BB.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

I just watched it again because I heard this on talk radio today, and being at the game I didn't realize that he came on the field with 13 seconds left on the play clock, the holder never gets the laces turned around, and he kicked it with 1 second left. And they went home with a time out!  Why? To me this is on Harbaugh more than Cundiff.

I wonder if BB saw the clock and elected not to try and ice him? Either way, it just makes you appreciate the HC of the NE Pats even more!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Cundiff missed the kick because he s**ks and plays for a bunch of losers.
    Posted by mighty2012

Actually I thought it got deflected by Big Vince's finger nail. I may be wrong, did anyone else see that??? LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not to brag but I was sitting in 223 and told my whole section to start blowing as hard as they could so the ball would go left.
    Posted by Homecheese

LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't know about you guys but my hands are still shaking a little from that game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Brian Mitchell (former Redskin/Eagle), who I heard today being interviewed in the DC area, called BB brilliant for not calling a time out to ice Cundiff.  He said, BB did notice the time on the play clock running down as the kicker and FG team were coming on to the field and he knew they would have to "rush" the kick, hence he decided not to call time out!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

looked to me like the ball was not placed properly

and then the rush job

nothing like a bird on the ole NE rotisserie

Yummy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Not to brag but I was sitting in 223 and told my whole section to start blowing as hard as they could so the ball would go left.
    Posted by Homecheese

When Brady said we were the 12th man he wasn't kidding LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

its cunLEFT
    Posted by harleyroadking12

Classic harley

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I caught a report that poor Billy Iff (he was a pro bowler last year, but the guy suddenly has a monkey on his back bigger than Bill Buckner now) rushed onto the field and didn't set himself up in the right spot.  He was positioned too far back.  His approach to the ball probably affected where his plant foot arrived, and his aim. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I caught a report that poor Billy Iff (he was a pro bowler last year, but the guy suddenly has a monkey on his back bigger than Bill Buckner now) rushed onto the field and didn't set himself up in the right spot.  He was positioned too far back.  His approach to the ball probably affected where his plant foot arrived, and his aim. 
    Posted by Paul_K

Dang the hard luck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

You could tell it felt rushed watching it live.  No idea why they didn't use the timeout and get organized.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

One of those rare moments in NFL football where you just know it ain't going in.  Weird feeling, but honest.  The whole thing reeked of weird, bad timing, like the Ravens were shocked that they got shut out of the endzone twice.  That's exactly how they handled that whole debacle; ill-prepared and shocked.  The look on Flacco's face after they failed to get in the endzone was priceless.  Lee Evans, too.

If any of that report is true, that Cundiff was being yelled at to get in the game, then for some reason he choked before he even got on the field.  They make it sound like he was hoping to not be used in that situation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Yeah, I heard he was late to even get onto the field to set up. Another example of things you never hear happening to NE due to BB's obsession with preparation and detail. Edge, BB.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Classic King...lol...you HEARD? Here I'm thinking you watch Patriot games...lol...

You're commenting on something you didn't even see King? Really?

Either taking the delay of game penalty or calling the timeout WAS an option that Baltimore did NOT take advantage of.

Cundiff WAS late on the field.
    Cundiff WAS rushed.
    Cundiff WAS not in his normal position relative to the ball, for a kick at that range.

Cundiff IS an ALL PRO kicker.

Dude, BB has made some bonehead ill-prepared decisions around clock management and crunch time decisions in his years for sure...things happen in the heat of a game. BB is good and John Harbaugh has to answer for what happened.

Sections
Shortcuts