Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted or because of his kicking consultant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted..........

In Response to Re: Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted..........:
    [QUOTE]I don't know about you guys but my hands are still shaking a little from that game.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

The game left a deep uneasy feeling that many have commented on. I would have preferred the Pats to win in a different way (with TB playing better). Watching BALT lose does not necessarily build confidence in the Pats as winners. But, this is often the way it is in the NFL with 1 team "shooting itself in the foot" . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted..........": [QUOTE]I thought he missed it because I put my hex on him.  I only break it out for special occassions and it almost never fails.  It's more effective on field goals than on passes. I almost got him on the prior attempt, but I started it late and wasn't able to push the ball far enough to the right.  But I got him on last attempt. Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE] Haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Can you guys believe if BB wud have called timeout?? Wow! Thankfully he is smarter than most other coaches to reverse ice the kicker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Scott Norwood had the same problem once. Rumor says he tried to hang himself but he couldnt kick the chair out from underneath him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Cundiff missed the kick because he was distracted..........": [QUOTE]Scott Norwood had the same problem once. Rumor says he tried to hang himself but he couldnt kick the chair out from underneath him. Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE] Ha nice one!! Perhaps lee evans dropped the ball because he knew that new england secondary is so bad that they will get touchdown on next play!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

If everyone's being honest with themselves, then all know the kick would have been irrelevant as the Lee Evans "incompletion" was actually a catch and a TD.  Both feet down, possession of the ball, no review. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]If everyone's being honest with themselves, then all know the kick would have been irrelevant as the Lee Evans "incompletion" was actually a catch and a TD.  Both feet down, possession of the ball, no review. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Got your ticket to watch the Pats play in your house?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought Calvin Johnson had control when he did his barrel roll thru the endzone but apparently they say he didnt. Johnson had the ball a lot longer then "the catch". The rules are the rules. Sure looks like the boys let em play pre Polian rules this playoff season. Good to see a little smash mouth for a change.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

My daughter called me on the phone and I answered it at the split second he made that kick.   (I needed a distraction)  Then I sreamed to my wife - HE MISSED THE KICK?   I think I might have damaged my daughters ear drum as I yelled into the phone.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Moore cleanly stripped Evans before he could establish possession with both feet down.  That is ancient history.

In his Monday radio interview, BB said that he knew that Cundiff was late getting on the field and just let things unfold.

I honestly felt he was going to shank it.  My son and I texted each other (he lives in VA) at the same time with the same thing:  "SHANK!!!!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Because TMZ is such a credible source. Well then let's all go back on the field and try again. Call it a mulligan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

The not-a-catch call by Evans was not reviewed because the call on the field was not a TD. All plays resulting in a TD are reviewed but plays not resulting in a TD are reviewable only if challenged. The coaches cannot challenge a call during the last two minutes of the game. Thus, no review of the play. This is my understanding of the game rules. Is it correct? After Evans was stripped of the ball in the endzone preventing a completion, the following play was also an incompletion. Doesn't the game clock stop in that situation, an incomplete pass? However, doesn't the play clock continue to run? Baltimore had a time out to use and rather than use it they let their FG squad run onto the field, probably to use as much time as possible to leave less time for the opposing team following the FG. But the game clock was not running yet, isn't that right? The problem was poor clock management by the coach and the kicker missed the FG. Then the Pats ran off the remaining time on the clock to end the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

[QUOTE]If everyone's being honest with themselves, then all know the kick would have been irrelevant as the Lee Evans "incompletion" was actually a catch and a TD.  Both feet down, possession of the ball, no review. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

"The Indianapolis Colts are on the clock." Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

One of the ESPN talking heads made a great point.

Earlier this year , the Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garret called a timeout when he thought his kicking team was rushing a bit onto the field for a critical last second field goal. He called a timeout just as his kicker hit the field goal.  

He was blasted for "icing his own kicker" . 

Very possibly this year's hot topic of supposedly "icing your own kicker" may have crossed Harbaugh's mind. Though he claims he never considered calling time out....  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

cundiff will not be kicking for baltimore next year. will only kick if 2 or 3 guys go down and he's needed in a pinch. he's still right at the top though when it comes to booming it in the end zone on kickoffs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Any playoff level NFL coach has his kicker ready to go on third down, not fourth.
    Belichick was smart enough to not ice the kicker with a TO.  He used the crowd noise to the Pats' advantage while Harbaugh watched like a deer in headlights.
    Anyone who thinks coaches don't make a difference at this level needs to rethink that.

Harbaugh will learn, but he's gonna get raked over the coals first.  Timeouts are there for a reason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]What does TMZ know?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Apparently more then you do.  Got any good scoops to share?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

My point...  "Any given Sunday"...  Nuff said... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

This is priceless.

ESPN is helping to promote the notion that the Ravens were confused whether it was 3rd or 4th down because the endzone scoreboard had it at 3rd down.

Yeah, like everyone in the stands, millions watching on TV rely on the endzone scoreboard to tell them what down it is in the most important game of the year, at the most crucial point in the game.
    If you don't know in your head what down it is at every instant you need to find another line of work coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

John Harbaugh calls kicking consultant’s comments “unfortunate”

AFC Championship - Baltimore Ravens v New England PatriotsGetty Images

Ravens coach John Harbaugh met with the media on Friday, primarily to discuss the hiring of Dean Pees as defensive coordinator and the retention of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

But Harbaugh also addressed an issue relating to a member of his staff that, before Tuesday, not many people even knew existed.

Kicking consultant Randy Brown appeared on WIP radio in Philly on Tuesday.  Among other things, he said that foul play couldn’t be ruled out regarding the incorrect information displayed on the scoreboard at the end of the AFC title game, when kicker Billy Cundiff supposedly believed that it was only third down and had to rush to the field when he realized it was actually fourth down.

I just think it was unfortunate,” Harbaugh said regarding Brown’s remarks, via John Eisenberg of CSNBaltimore.com.

“I’ve known Randy for a long time. Randy is a very good person,” Harbaugh said.  “If you listen to the interview, you get a very clear indication that it was in jest.  He’s known those guys for a long time.  He’s a Philly guy, he’s been on that radio station a bunch, and they were going back and forth, and there was a lot of laughing going on.

“It wasn’t meant in a serious way, but it doesn’t come out that way in print.  Randy should understand that, and he feels really bad about it right now.  We in no way at all think that [the Patriots were up to something], and we’ve said that already.”

Still, Harbaugh seems to think that Cundiff possibly believed it was third down, due to the information on the scoreboard.

“Sometimes the kicker is in back, he’s on his own, he’s at the net, and they get themselves in that place to kick a field goal.  He might be looking at the scoreboard . . . but he’s also in communication with Randy. Those guys knew, or should have known, what the down and distance was.”

If Randy Brown is looking at the scoreboard of his career in Baltimore right now, there’s a pretty good chance he’ll see this message:  Game over.  Kicking consultants are like long snappers; if you’re talking about them at all, there’s a problem.