1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Cunningham a bonehead

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel like they are really cracking down on Adderall this year.

[/QUOTE]

I feel like adderall may be an excuse for steroids for some players

[/QUOTE]

But, it's not a steroid, though. This is the issue.  Some probably find value in its ability to keep them awake longer to train or watch film or whatever. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not a steroid.

I fail to see how that translates to some kind of scientific advantage where we know anabolic steroids do.

Baiscally, the NFL just puts drusg on a list that are listed as methamphetamine, as a controlled substance without a prescription and calls it "PEDS".

It's more of a legal thing than anything else.

[/QUOTE]

Its a legal issue and maybe a legal rights issue.   the NFL should limit its privacy invading drug checks to drugs relating to performance only.  Recreational drugs like pot or adderal have nothing to do with performance.  

what we don't need is the NFL acting like a half baked 2nd level of law enforcement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The PED policy is boneheaded, not Cunningham.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

According to 98.5...suspended for PED's

[/QUOTE]

guess we know why hes a little bigger and stronger this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In some ways, there is no too much common sense in these tests.  Seems there are things one takes, for health reasons only, that are on the PED list that truly do not improve performance at all, but, is perceived to.  Makes you scratch your head when a player reports taking a typical medication that causes the hit and you wonder: "banned for that?"  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I just don't get it. The NFL has an active drug test and you will get caught eventually. He has hurt the team now. Knucklehead!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't get the confusion.

Here's a list of banned substances

1) aaaaaa

2) bbbbbb

3) ccccccc

4) dddddd

You test postitive for any, you get suspended. It's as simple as that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Well, more likely than not, the rumors of his off-season excercise program and steroid/HGH use was true.  Guess we don't have to wonder how he bulked up.

Wasn't it only 2 weeks ago that some fans thought it was unfathomable that Patriots players are using illegal drugs/banned substances?  Guess what, BB knows about it too.

Hopefully, Hernandez was not given anything to help him out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

No confusion.  I called this as did others at the  start of this season when he came to camp and was "all bulked up".  Guy was noted for beiing lazy all thru college, first part of his nfl career, then all of sudden he comes to camp like some workout warrior. 

As I said before stay away form the Florida players.  Nothing but trouble for the Pats. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok, so it was what I suspected: Adderall, which is not a PED.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
    Patriots end Jermaine Cunningham tested positive for, you guessed it, Adderall, according to a league source.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry thats total BS. The league is not allowed to say what any player tested positive for.  The league source is more likely Cunninghams agent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

Patriots end Jermaine Cunningham tested positive for, you guessed it, Adderall, according to a league source.

[/QUOTE]

That is such BS. Adderall has become the new, "I didn't knowingly take steroids.".

Here is an article that pretty much sums up what I was talking about, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/is-adderall-becoming-the-new-excuse-for-steroids-users/

If this was 10 years ago, Barry Bonds could have just said, "Oh, I didn't take steroids, I just took Adderall!"

At some point, I hope someone comes out with the list of what some of these players were actually taking and call out these liars.

Sure, I believe some of these players actually were taking adderall, but Cunningham is one of the players who I don't believe was taking adderall and was probably taking some other substance

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry thats total BS. The league is not allowed to say what any player tested positive for.  The league source is more likely Cunninghams agent.

[/QUOTE]

A few years ago it was "tainted supplements" now adderall is the popular thing to explain a positve test. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is such BS. Adderall has become the new, "I didn't knowingly take steroids.".

Here is an article that pretty much sums up what I was talking about, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/is-adderall-becoming-the-new-excuse-for-steroids-users/

If this was 10 years ago, Barry Bonds could have just said, "Oh, I didn't take steroids, I just took Adderall!"

At some point, I hope someone comes out with the list of what some of these players were actually taking and call out these liars.

Sure, I believe some of these players actually were taking adderall, but Cunningham is one of the players who I don't believe was taking adderall and was probably taking some other substance

[/QUOTE]

Exactly and as i posted earlier about the league not saying anything here is from the article above;

But since the league says nothing publicly about the reason for a suspension imposed under the NFL policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances, the player who is suspended can say whatever he wants — and the league never will correct the record.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok, so 4 games for Adderrall so that means Justin Francis, Brace and Bequette see more action.

I wonder if Adderall is on the list. I am starting to wonder. I wouldn't call something that keeps you awake a definitive "PED". It's illegal without a prescription, but I find it funny that a lot of the NFL is clearly using it and only this year are players testing positive for it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever specified adderall. I'm also under the impression that the league is not allowed to disclose the specific PED's that a player uses as that is confidential. I feel players say adderall as it is not as frowned upon as actual steroids.

To me, saying you used adderall is the same thing as baseball players saying they didn't knowingly use steroids

Also, as Babe said, there were reports that he looks like he was in much better shape than in years past. 

He won the offseason workout award too. This explains alot

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it doesn't explain anything.  Adderall is a very commondrug used mostly by college students. I understand it's illegal without a prescription, but I don't understand what it's considered a steroid.

It's not a steroid.  It's sort of like pretending cocaine is a steroid. It's not. It's an upper, but there is no proof it makes a player's performance scientifically better.

When the NFL start testing for HGH, then I might take these Aderrall cases seriously.

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that Cunningham didn't use adderall. Reporters have said that Cunningham looked bigger coming into this season. I don't think the league is allowed to disclosed what he used.

My opinion is that some of the players who claim to use adderall, actually used steroids, but said they used adderall because it's less frowned upon

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's quite a claim.  It's possible, but still quite a claim. For the ones who admit to using Aderall or where it's leaked that they did, wouldn't that be in breach of the CBA, disclosing what they used?

I think we should see the list of drugs that are on the list and what the player test for. It's only fair. We're the ones paying the salaries (along with the corporate sponsors).

[/QUOTE]

disclosing the results of the test is against the law (HIPAA and Hi-Tech) and cannot be bargained away as part of a CBA.  Any release of health-related info must be approved by the individual on a case-by-case basis

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I guess this explains his jump in performance. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

He probably wouldnt have made it on the roster out of training camp if he wasnt on PEDs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

cut him next year. he is JAG.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He probably wouldnt have made it on the roster out of training camp if he wasnt on PEDs. 

[/QUOTE]

Do you think HGH is a "PED"?

[/QUOTE]

Not really if taken by itself. More of a recovery thing for injured or older players. Not nearly as powerfull as Testosterone or other 'roids.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts