1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Cunningham a bonehead

According to 98.5...suspended for PED's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Cunningham a bonehead

Chandler Jones better get back soon...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I feel like they are really cracking down on Adderall this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

He is gonna be tested a lot more often after he comes back so this is really bad for his career. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel like adderall may be an excuse for steroids for some players

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or are they adderalling down on crack this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This just plain sucks!!  Was looking good too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Word was that he bulked up a lot. I guess we know why now.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so 4 games for Adderrall so that means Justin Francis, Brace and Bequette see more action.

I wonder if Adderall is on the list. I am starting to wonder. I wouldn't call something that keeps you awake a definitive "PED". It's illegal without a prescription, but I find it funny that a lot of the NFL is clearly using it and only this year are players testing positive for it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever specified adderall. I'm also under the impression that the league is not allowed to disclose the specific PED's that a player uses as that is confidential. I feel players say adderall as it is not as frowned upon as actual steroids.

To me, saying you used adderall is the same thing as baseball players saying they didn't knowingly use steroids

Also, as Babe said, there were reports that he looks like he was in much better shape than in years past. 

He won the offseason workout award too. This explains alot

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Trevor Scott, Baquette, Justin Francis can handle the role...  

and of course we need Chandles Jones BACK !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok, so 4 games for Adderrall so that means Justin Francis, Brace and Bequette see more action.

I wonder if Adderall is on the list. I am starting to wonder. I wouldn't call something that keeps you awake a definitive "PED". It's illegal without a prescription, but I find it funny that a lot of the NFL is clearly using it and only this year are players testing positive for it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever specified adderall. I'm also under the impression that the league is not allowed to disclose the specific PED's that a player uses as that is confidential. I feel players say adderall as it is not as frowned upon as actual steroids.

To me, saying you used adderall is the same thing as baseball players saying they didn't knowingly use steroids

Also, as Babe said, there were reports that he looks like he was in much better shape than in years past. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it doesn't explain anything.  Adderall is a very commondrug used mostly by college students. I understand it's illegal without a prescription, but I don't understand what it's considered a steroid.

It's not a steroid.  It's sort of like pretending cocaine is a steroid. It's not. It's an upper, but there is no proof it makes a player's performance scientifically better.

When the NFL start testing for HGH, then I might take these Aderrall cases seriously.

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that Cunningham didn't use adderall. Reporters have said that Cunningham looked bigger coming into this season. I don't think the league is allowed to disclosed what he used.

My opinion is that some of the players who claim to use adderall, actually used steroids, but said they used adderall because it's less frowned upon

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, it's not a steroid, though. This is the issue.  Some probably find value in its ability to keep them awake longer to train or watch film or whatever. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not a steroid.

I fail to see how that translates to some kind of scientific advantage where we know anabolic steroids do.

Baiscally, the NFL just puts drusg on a list that are listed as methamphetamine, as a controlled substance without a prescription and calls it "PEDS".

It's more of a legal thing than anything else.

[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm not saying it's a steroid.

Here's an example.

Player x uses steroid.

League suspended player for PED

Player x says: Oh, i didn't use steroids, I used adderall.

League won't tell us what players used...most of that is released by unknown sources. Talib could've been using anabolic steroids for all i know, and just said Adderall because it doesn't look as bad.

And the thing about adderall, which I dont use, but Ive heard that you are more alert and your reaction times are much quicker. If true, adderall may not be a steroid, but it is a performance enhancer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it doesn't explain anything.  Adderall is a very commondrug used mostly by college students. I understand it's illegal without a prescription, but I don't understand what it's considered a steroid.

It's not a steroid.  It's sort of like pretending cocaine is a steroid. It's not. It's an upper, but there is no proof it makes a player's performance scientifically better.

When the NFL start testing for HGH, then I might take these Aderrall cases seriously.

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that Cunningham didn't use adderall. Reporters have said that Cunningham looked bigger coming into this season. I don't think the league is allowed to disclosed what he used.

My opinion is that some of the players who claim to use adderall, actually used steroids, but said they used adderall because it's less frowned upon

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's quite a claim.  It's possible, but still quite a claim. For the ones who admit to using Aderall or where it's leaked that they did, wouldn't that be in breach of the CBA, disclosing what they used?

I think we should see the list of drugs that are on the list and what the player test for. It's only fair. We're the ones paying the salaries (along with the corporate sponsors).

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a claim. However, it's in the realm of possibilities. I'm not 100% of what the CBA, but from what I hear, the league cannot release statements on what the specific drugs are.

Now, from an agents perspective,

A player would have a dark cloud over his head if he was suspended for PED's. Could be steroids, HGH, adderall, who knows.

But from a GM perspective, would you rather take a chance on a player who is coming off steroids or adderall? That's why I think adderall is a scapegoat

Again. These are claims and we'll probably never know unless the league discloses the info. But seeing how athletes in the past have vehemently lied about their drug use, this wouldnt surprise me

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This doesn't really surprise me. He went from being a fringe cut player to one that's been on a tear lately. Given he was in a contract year and he's was a bubble player going into camp what did he have to lose? The question is does he have a spot moving forward if his sudden appearence might be do to PED's?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, it's not a steroid, though. This is the issue.  Some probably find value in its ability to keep them awake longer to train or watch film or whatever. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not a steroid.

I fail to see how that translates to some kind of scientific advantage where we know anabolic steroids do.

Baiscally, the NFL just puts drusg on a list that are listed as methamphetamine, as a controlled substance without a prescription and calls it "PEDS".

It's more of a legal thing than anything else.

[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm not saying it's a steroid.

Here's an example.

Player x uses steroid.

League suspended player for PED

Player x says: Oh, i didn't use steroids, I used adderall.

League won't tell us what players used...most of that is released by unknown sources. Talib could've been using anabolic steroids for all i know, and just said Adderall because it doesn't look as bad.

And the thing about adderall, which I dont use, but Ive heard that you are more alert and your reaction times are much quicker. If true, adderall may not be a steroid, but it is a performance enhancer

[/QUOTE]

Again, an amphetamine doesn't automatically make your reaction time better.   It's like claiming cocaine makes your reaction time better. That's not factually true.

I do find it odd that since the new CBA was done, this Aderall thing is now the prime source for suspensions.

It's also with YOUNGER players, almost exclusively. 4 or 5 Seattle players all in year 1 or 2 have been flagged for it.

It may be a case where it's something new to the list where rrecent college grads literally aren't aware that's it's tested for in the NFL.  Otherwise, how could they not have been shown as using it in the NCAA?

[/QUOTE]

Well like I said, I haven't actually used it, so I don't know. But isn't caffeine for student athletes restricted? Isn't adderall also banned in NCAA sports? I know back in my high school days that there was a limit on caffeine intake before a game. Players should've been aware of this

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This doesn't really surprise me. He went from being a fringe cut player to one that's been on a tear lately. Given he was in a contract year and he's was a bubble player going into camp what did he have to lose? The question is does he have a spot moving forward if his sudden appearence might be do to PED's?

[/QUOTE]

I can't see him being back next season. He obviously did it because it's his contract year. That being said, I don't think the effects of his PED use will wear off by the end of the season. So when he comes back, he may still have a little juice left in him...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

QUOTE]

This is exactly right. Adderal works like speed - it decreases your serotonin and increase your dopamine. It certainly does makes you react faster Rusty - thats why baseball players have been takking speed for years. It improves both ypur physical and mental performance. Its eppeds up your heart - improves yoour concentration level - and can definitly aid athletic performance. I didn't see any reference that Cunningham took Adderal so as other stated above - he may have been on steriods as some have speculated.

It takes 7-10 days for your serotonin and dopamine levels to return to normal (baseline), or much longer for continued use after you take adderall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The NFL defines the list and you don't take any thing on the list, that's the rule, fair or otherwise you have to live with it. Don't know if any of you are aware of cricket star Shane Warne (maybe the most famous cricketer in the world at a point) he was banned for 18 months for cocaine use. Very harsh but it's to send a message i.e. the governing body won't take the use of illegal drugs by their athletes. Cocaine clearly isn't a performance enhancer but it's against the rules. You can only let these star athletes so much slack or things could get truely out of hand!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it doesn't explain anything.  Adderall is a very common drug used mostly by college students. I understand it's illegal without a prescription, but I don't understand what it's considered a steroid. This is a drug mfged by Teva Pharmaceuticals after they bought out Duramed in 2010. I know, becuse I used to call on them.

[/QUOTE]

Because if they take it they play like they're plugged into the wall socket - it's not like this stuff is like drinking a glass of Mountain Dew...this is serious stuff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

For people who inquired about "the list" here it is.  It's not a secret.

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/Banned%20Substance%20List.pdf

Now none of us know for sure what he took.  That is a privacy issue.  However, if you've gotten caught doing steroids and know that the actual drug can't be revealed it is not surprising that a lot of players will "confess" to one of the perceived least harmful drugs.  Players are not going to cop to a drug that has a very bad perception in society.  Not even a masking agent.

Sections
Shortcuts