Cunningham a bonehead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Cunningham a bonehead

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, slight buzz. Not worth it for an NFL player to bother with. It seems like they are cracking down on it. Anyone who is still taking it is being stupid. 

[/QUOTE]

Read this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/is-adderall-becoming-the-new-excuse-for-steroids-users/

I don't think a fair number of players who claim they got busted using Adderall were actually using Adderall. At least not Cunningham, you don't get super jacked after one season using Adderall. This guy definitely used steroids.

I think Cunningham comes off as a cheater and a liar. He should've just told us what he actually used and moved on.

[/QUOTE]

He may have taken something else in the offseason.  Adderal will improve workout intensity but the body still only puts on the same minimal muscle that someone who's been training for years would put on. Steroids and HGH allows the person to gain much more than one would naturally be able to in a short period of time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Here's another article:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/10/29/3570784/are-nfl-players-really-taking-adderall

And another one, with a former player saying that players are NOT using adderall but claim they are using it it as a PR move

http://nesn.com/2012/11/former-nfl-player-says-adderall-is-being-used-as-excuse-for-ped-suspensions-not-as-stimulant/

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, slight buzz. Not worth it for an NFL player to bother with. It seems like they are cracking down on it. Anyone who is still taking it is being stupid. 

[/QUOTE]

Read this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/is-adderall-becoming-the-new-excuse-for-steroids-users/

I don't think a fair number of players who claim they got busted using Adderall were actually using Adderall. At least not Cunningham, you don't get super jacked after one season using Adderall. This guy definitely used steroids.

I think Cunningham comes off as a cheater and a liar. He should've just told us what he actually used and moved on.

[/QUOTE]

He may have taken something else in the offseason.  Adderal will improve workout intensity but the body still only puts on the same minimal muscle that someone who's been training for years would put on. Steroids and HGH allows the person to gain much more than one would naturally be able to in a short period of time.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying. Cunningham never touched Adderall, he was using steroids. Adderall is just the PR answer when you get caught using PED's and no one but yourself can reveal the specifics

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's another article:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/10/29/3570784/are-nfl-players-really-taking-adderall

And another one, with a former player saying that players are NOT using adderall but claim they are using it it as a PR move

http://nesn.com/2012/11/former-nfl-player-says-adderall-is-being-used-as-excuse-for-ped-suspensions-not-as-stimulant/

[/QUOTE]

is that a surprise to anyone. adderall im trying to pay attention, steroids im bigger adn stronger (and steroids have a mush worse stigma).

everyone and their brother know adderall is a masking agent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get that.  I jusy think he's wrong. It's not an excuse, because it doesn't matter. The NFL suspends them. No one cares what the drug is, only that someone was suspended for testing positive. I think the NFL is so paranoid about tradename drugs running rampant in the NFL, that they put it on the banned list to avoid problems.

Again, if you look at the money MLB has lost in recent years, since 2005 with the roid thing before Congress, etc, to force testing on that finally, Goodell and the owners want no part of that heat. They saw the revenue decline, regardless of what our little bald buddy Bud Selig tries to spin us.

My premise is that players may not know or care/think they can get away it, where Adderall is not a banned substance.   I think they'll know or care more now.

Again, all these players clipped in the last 2 years, almost exclusively are in year 1, 2 or 3. You don't see any veterans being bagged for this because they weren't around it when they were in college. Ritalin was the big thing back in the day and now it's Adderall. It's all about branding. 

Throw in the fact that Teva bought out Barr/Duramed 2 years ago and wants to protect its brand, and in no way, does the NFL wan the pharma lobby dancing around the NFL logo.

If they don't test for this, then it's negligence.

Get it?

In general, there is more pressure from the Feds on these leagues to address what needs to be made illegal. Personally, I  think this particular drug isn't that bad (not good if abused, obviously), but also nowhere near roids or other drugs that have greater health risk.

One major reason our healthcare costs are such a problem is the money to be made off it, obviously, but also doctors being paid off to write fake scripts.

This is about money.

[/QUOTE]

I think people do care about the drug. Like you, I don't think Adderall is that bad, I do think steroids are bad though. Don't you already think less of a player who uses steroids than one who uses Adderall?

Here's an example that will probably make me look foolish, but I don't have another way of explaining it:

Say a player has an overall madden rating of 90. He gets busted for PEDs.

If we're under the impression that he's using steroids, we can assume his overall rating without the PED is an 80

If we're under the impression that he's using adderall, we can assume his overall rating without the PED is an 88.

Public perception does matter to these players, they are people afterall. I see your points and agree with many of them. I also appreciate that you come up evidence to back up your claims. I'm not hear to argue why Adderall has been on the banned substances list since 2006.

My underlying question is: When Cunningham says the PED he was busted for was just Adderall, do you believe him?

That's the only thing I want to know. Either way though, we don't have all the facts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

That sucks. Dumb mistake by Cunningham. Real tough break losing him for Houston and SF especially since its looked like the defense has been getting a lot more comfortable playing together. Lets hope Jones gets healthy soon and the next guy in line can step up. I'd like to see more of Francis but there was a thread about Bequette a few days ago, maybe its time to quiet the naysayers! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Was there any sighting of Chandler Jones? Was he in crutches? Was he just wearing a walking boot? Was he walking around without obvious discomfort?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read this:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying. Cunningham never touched Adderall, he was using steroids. Adderall is just the PR answer when you get caught using PED's and no one but yourself can reveal the specifics

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there are this many young players doing steroids. The NFL would have a huge problem. You look at the last 10 years and steroid suspension why did it all of a sudden increase this year? Adderall is very popular in college and even in high school to get more work done and get better grades. It really makes sense that players are using it to focus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read this:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there are this many young players doing steroids. The NFL would have a huge problem. You look at the last 10 years and steroid suspension why did it all of a sudden increase this year? Adderall is very popular in college and even in high school to get more work done and get better grades. It really makes sense that players are using it to focus.

[/QUOTE]

Not saying all players. But definitely some. Cunningham came into camp much larger than usual. He's also been in the year for two leagues so I don't think you can say it's something that he did in college and just got caught. He was virtually a bust his first two seasons and had a high likelihood of being cut and out of the NFL for good. If you're on your last leg and need to turn yo drugs to keep your job, are you gonna go to steroids or adderall?

Taking all of these things into considation, I just don't by Cunningham's adderall claim. I could be wrong, but unless the facts are revealed, I can't get myself to give him the benefit of the doubt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read this:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The majority of NFL players are taking testosterone, at least in the cream form. They only get tested once or twice a year. Unless they test postive once, then they get tested a lot more regularly.  the test cream is not as powerfull as injections but only detecable in your system for less than 24hrs.