Cunningham and Brace?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Re: Cunningham and Brace?

I think brace is a lost cause but we got kyle love as an udfa so that essentially forgives that pick. if we go back to 3-4 next year i can se ecunningham having value i think he deserves another shot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

cunningham isn't good, why they drafted him over dunlap is a head scratcher. he wasn't very good at florida while dunlap was making the plays, sacks. maybe they just got the two confused lol... doubt that he's even in the league next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Cunningham sounds like that guy from happy days... He cant be a good football player! Now Orakpo is another wor d for sack.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Brace has some value on run downs-Cunningham is a bust-IMHO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Brace is a good depth guy.....but the Pats have so much depth at DT with Love, Pryor, and Deaderick, and it's hard to see where Brace fits in there. Just like Cunningham benefitted from playing on a defensive front with some other great players, I think Brace benefitted from playing next to Raji in college.

Cunningham will get an other shot in training camp next year, but we'll see how it pans out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Just a follow-up on Brace.  This from an article in local paper.

Brace not forgotten

Director of player personnel Nick Caserio was asked about the lack of playing time for defensive lineman Ron Brace, who has been used sparingly, if that, since coming off the physically unable to perform list.

“There are a lot of guys that play on the defensive front,” Caserio said. “We shuffle guys in and out of the game. Ron is a smart guy, he’s a strong guy, he’s got good playing strength. When he’s had his opportunities, he’s been productive. He started the year a little bit behind relative to some of the others, but he works hard, he prepares and when he gets his opportunity, our expectation is that he’s going to go out there and perform."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Both Cunningham and Brace proved themselves at the NFL level, at least they proved themselves to the Patriots' coaching staff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Cunningham and Brace?:
    [QUOTE]Just a follow-up on Brace.  This from an article in local paper. Brace not forgotten Director of player personnel Nick Caserio was asked about the lack of playing time for defensive lineman Ron Brace , who has been used sparingly, if that, since coming off the physically unable to perform list. “There are a lot of guys that play on the defensive front,” Caserio said. “We shuffle guys in and out of the game. Ron is a smart guy, he’s a strong guy, he’s got good playing strength. When he’s had his opportunities, he’s been productive. He started the year a little bit behind relative to some of the others, but he works hard, he prepares and when he gets his opportunity, our expectation is that he’s going to go out there and perform."  
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough that similiar to what they said about Haynesworth in his 4th quarter benching just before he was released

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Just a follow-up on Brace.  This from an article in local paper. Brace not forgotten Director of player personnel Nick Caserio was asked about the lack of playing time for defensive lineman Ron Brace , who has been used sparingly, if that, since coming off the physically unable to perform list. “There are a lot of guys that play on the defensive front,” Caserio said. “We shuffle guys in and out of the game. Ron is a smart guy, he’s a strong guy, he’s got good playing strength. When he’s had his opportunities, he’s been productive. He started the year a little bit behind relative to some of the others, but he works hard, he prepares and when he gets his opportunity, our expectation is that he’s going to go out there and perform."  
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't read too much into that, there's not an organization in sports that lets you know less about their players based off of what they say in press conferences. Cesario had us thinking Price was going to be something based off some kind words a few weeks ago....now he's gone. 

I remember Brace at BC and I thought he was a solid selection in the second. He moved really well for a huge guy, although it was tough to evaluate him when the guy next to him (Raji) was blasting into the backfield every other play. When Seymore came out it was the same way, he had Stroud next to him and I thought, is this guy really this good or is it because Stroud is destroying double teams and just man handling everyone? With Seymore the answer was yes...Brace, not so sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Maybe both are haing the same problem as Ochocinco and dont understand the system????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

The words Promising and Brace in the same sentence don't really seem to go together. They might have gone together back when Ron Brace was drafted, but nothing on the field has given me that sense. And to think Brace was considered by many to be better than Raji.

Now Promising and Pryor .... that I can see. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Not only are Cunningham and Brace enjoying a status similar to that which Butler enjoyed not long ago, but there are some other names from what seems like a black hole for D picks in the 2nd round by us who aren't apt to stick in the long run if they don't show more. Guys like Chung and Spikes certainly aren't out of the woods yet despite a bunch of wishful thinking by fans, and questions about being able to stay on the field combine with that iffy play to make their longevity suspect. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Reiss is now thinking (not confirmed) that Cunningham is going to be IR'd and Markell Carter promoted to the 53.
    Carter just tweeted that things just got real, real fast.

Hope so, they need healthy bodies.  Even if he is a slight drop off, at least he can participate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Reisse is now thinking (not confirmed) that Cunningham is going to be IR'd and Markell Carter promoted to the 53. Carter just tweeted that things just got real, real fast. Hope so, they need healthy bodies.  Even if he is a slight drop off, at least he can participate.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

That would be cool.  Not sure if Carter is any good or not, but it would be a good story if a small school guy like that could make it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Cunningham and Brace?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham and Brace? : That would be cool.  Not sure if Carter is any good or not, but it would be a good story if a small school guy like that could make it.   Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE] Apparently he's been the practice player of the week every week but one since week 5. I'm interested to see because I don't recall any player ever being that consistent in getting the award. Reiss says he's bulked up to 268.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Carter probably telegraphed too much info too soon, against BB's rules.  I'd expect that the IR and promotion moves come today, as close to the Washington Red Skins game as possible so that they hopefully don't have time to prep for Carter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Eric Moore back with Pats with Cunningham expected to be IR'd today.  Per Reiss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Jermaine headed for IR and then the "scrap heap." Another stellar wasted 2nd round pick.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently he's been the practice player of the week every week but one since week 5. Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

"Ru-dy!  Ru-dy!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

When BB drafed Brace he said how many guys 330 pounds have his athleticism.  I think he gets one more year to get on the field and produce.  IMO he will - a good, strong, Worchester Mass native son!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Reiss is now thinking (not confirmed) that Cunningham is going to be IR'd and Markell Carter promoted to the 53. Carter just tweeted that things just got real, real fast. Hope so, they need healthy bodies.  Even if he is a slight drop off, at least he can participate.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

This would shock me because all of his college highlights that I saw showed a guy who's feet looked like they were in cement. In my mind I thought that there was no way he'd make it as an outside linebacker in the 34 - now that he's bulked up and we play some 43 it may change things. I was shocked they selected him ,but if they invisioned him as a 43 end, then maybe he could do it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Not only are Cunningham and Brace enjoying a status similar to that which Butler enjoyed not long ago, but there are some other names from what seems like a black hole for D picks in the 2nd round by us who aren't apt to stick in the long run if they don't show more. Guys like Chung and Spikes certainly aren't out of the woods yet despite a bunch of wishful thinking by fans, and questions about being able to stay on the field combine with that iffy play to make their longevity suspect. 
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone has the guts to say something like this, because either player is far from being out of the woods when it comes to the black hole of our second round selections. You can throw Vollmer in there as well, because even when he is healthy - he gets beat way too much on the pass rush.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Oh boy, Vollmer now. The guy was only an all pro once in his two years and allowed a grand total of 3 sacks this year and less hits and pressures than anybody else on the O-line but yeah while doing that he didn't also cure cancer so he sucks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

two more 2nd round busts. the one thing borges has ever said that i agree with (although he probably plagiarized it) was that BB the GM keeps letting down BB the coach. 
    but he's been able to cover it up and keep winning with great coaching and finding the right mix of veterans (for the most part) and street free agents. so ce la vie. bad drafting destroys most other good teams very quickly. look at the colts and bolts to name a few. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Oh boy, Vollmer now. The guy was only an all pro once in his two years and allowed a grand total of 3 sacks this year and less hits and pressures than anybody else on the O-line but yeah while doing that he didn't also cure cancer so he sucks.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I must just be a tad impatient, I keep waiting for young guys to do the unthinkable...stay healthy and produce...now! Weird premise for all the apologists on here, it's just that when you have nine 2nd round picks over the last three years, you would think more than one of them would be producing right now.