Cunningham News, better than that other now football B-S on this blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Cunningham News, better than that other now football B-S on this blog

This is not a great sign... for Cunningham... maybe i am reading into it wrong...?? 

What do you think it means???

"When team action came on defense the front line included Gerard Warren at left end, Wilfork in the middle and Wright on the, well, right. The linebackers had Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes in the middle, flanked by Tully Banta-Cain and Marques Murrell. The secondary consisted of Devin McCourtyand Butler at corner with Chung and Meriweather at safety."

"Murrell’s reps were interesting, as they’re his most significant of camp. He hasn’t had much, in any work opposite Banta-Cain until today. When that pair left the field they were replaced by Jermaine Cunningham and Rob Ninkovich."

Also, Cunningham spends some of the initial periods of position work with the DL before he moves on to the LB drills???

Sounds like he is Derek Burgess only much younger... As BB said last year whether your hand is up or down you still have gap responsibilities to fulfill on any given play... He often refers to DE/OLB hybrid conversion projects like Cunningham as "End of the line type players."

I always wondered if that was his way of copping out if the player cannot convert to his 2 gap 3-4????

What do you all think this means?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: Cunningham News, better than that other now football B-S on this blog

This kid is much smaller than mosty of BB's projects

Maybe he nneds to see Murrell just so he can make a final decision on his roster spot...

We need to pick up Crabel and PUP him for the 6 week or get some old timers in here to rotate, Okafor and Elllis would fit the bill @ the league Min and they've played OLB in a 3-4 single gap system.

So much for longer OLB's with a wing span this kid is shorter than Mckenzie, Spikes, Guyton... etc.

Woods must really stink if he cannot get reps on the first team of this guy?

Marques Murrell | #93 | LB

New England Patriots | Official Team Site

Height: 6-2   Weight: 250   Age: 25

Born: 3/20/1985 Fayetteville , NC

College: Appalachian State

Experience: 4th season

High School: Jack Britt HS [Fayetteville, NC]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

He is a rookie, he is not going to look all world just yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh my gosh, some guy lined up at a position in practice!  We need Crable wah wah wah!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Mighty go back to the other blogs and talk about Bethea's comments or Ryans arrogance. I am sorry but you blog happy fools could care less about what is happening on the field. you all just want to blabber about bull.

Go you!!!!! you write so well! your grammar is spot on! your form when you pull your krank @ your desk top is fantastic. Go Mighty!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm really starting to feel the love on the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Cunningham News, better than that other now football B-S on this blog:
    Mighty go back to the other blogs and talk about Bethea's comments or Ryans arrogance. I am sorry but you blog happy fools could care less about what is happening on the field. you all just want to blabber about bull. Go you!!!!! you write so well! your grammar is spot on! your form when you pull your krank @ your desk top is fantastic. Go Mighty!
    Posted by tagandtrade

Did I miss something here????

No games yet we tend to get cranky

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Florida does NOT play the 3-4, the only team in the SEC that does is Alabama.  However, at times Cunningham did drop into a zone when asked to do it, probally due to a zone blitz.

As for Murrell getting more reps in pratice, do not read too much into it.  BB always likes to put different combinations on the field to see how different groups of players play together.  If Cunningham is the best player to play the LOLB, he will get the most playing time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What I read into this is that BB wanted to see how Murrell looked with the `1st string D.  Nothing more.  Much too early for anything other than a 'oh, ok'.

My 2 cents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i agree... players need reps to see what they can do and know whats going on when the game comes thursday night...  yah baby thursday!!! two days away...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Cunningham News, better than that other now football B-S on this blog:
    This is not a great sign... for Cunningham... maybe i am reading into it wrong...??  What do you think it means??? "When team action came on defense the front line included Gerard Warren at left end, Wilfork in the middle and Wright on the, well, right. The linebackers had Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes in the middle, flanked by Tully Banta-Cain and Marques Murrell . The secondary consisted of Devin McCourty and Butler at corner with Chung and Meriweather at safety." " Murrell’s reps were interesting , as they’re his most significant of camp. He hasn’t had much, in any work opposite Banta-Cain until today. When that pair left the field they were replaced by Jermaine Cunningham and Rob Ninkovich ." Also, Cunningham spends some of the initial periods of position work with the DL before he moves on to the LB drills??? Sounds like he is Derek Burgess only much younger... As BB said last year whether your hand is up or down you still have gap responsibilities to fulfill on any given play... He often refers to DE/OLB hybrid conversion projects like Cunningham as "End of the line type players." I always wondered if that was his way of copping out if the player cannot convert to his 2 gap 3-4???? What do you all think this means?   
    Posted by tagandtrade

Seriously?

It means BB will give him a look see before cutting him. What Murrell does has nothing to do with Cunningham.

Cunningham doing some work with the linemen most likely means they can use his skills in the 4-3 as well as 3-4 ala Burgess's flexibility and the drills keep those hand in the dirt skills fresh and sharp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Low FB IQ

That is what i suggested above so YEAH... Seriously!

"Maybe he needs to see Murrell just so he can make a final decision on his roster spot... "

In the second post!

I am not pontificating here I simply presented multiple hypotheticals and you all think I am crying to getting Crabel back... read before you post again.

Or got back and post about what BB does while crapping on the toilet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think this means someone wants to stir up controversy where none exists and in so doing, appear to want to know more about football then they really do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is this a blog?  I thought it was a discussion board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

If Murrell = Phifer a converted 4-3 weakside backer/OLB who transitioned to our weak inside backer position after cox left and Vrabel was obtain than I can accept that... But that is not the case and i cannot see any comparision.

Vrabel was trained up by Dick Lebeau from 97 to 2001 and played behind Gildon, Holmes and Porter who were all pros before Vrabel...

The Steelers obviously made a bag decision but once again you cannot compare the Vrabel acquisition to Murrell or Phifer....

Murrell was an undrafted project out of 1-AA with little to no playing time since he was picked up in 2007 by the Eagles.

My point is Vrabel (3rd round) Phifer (2nd round) had a football pedigree played for BIG schools UCLA and Ohio and performed well in primary and secondary rolls.

Trouble was there teams would not resign them becasue the Rams had sign Todd Collins away from the Patriots and Drafted London Fletcher... and The Steelers did not want to pay Vrabel to sit behind Porter and Gildon...

there have been times when I can agree with your theory but Murrell is not a case of being in the right place @ the right time, he does not have the pedigree, the experience, the draft grad, the division 1 experience, starting experience or role play experience... he is no better than Pierre woods

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I am with you 100% on the theory and the optomism i just don't see it in regards to this player in particular

I do see us stricking it rich with Dameion Lewis and G Warren especially now becasue Ty Warren may be IR'd or at least out for a lengthy time...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Belichick often moves players around.  You may even see Cunningham in the MLB at times during practices.  They had Edelman at H-back the other day doing blocking drills.  I wouldn't make too much this.  You're not going to know what's going on until the season starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Well lets hope it is because his play warrants the promotion... I have not heard anything in regards to praise for his camp play.

I have heard great things about Mckenzie and Spikes who have toned it down of recent... In other words last week was a better week for them.

TBC, Cunningham, Ninkovich, Woods and Murrell have not been mentioned one bit.

On another note Murrell was carted off today possibly due to heat exhaustion.

Hopefully he can come back tomorrow or the day after

MVP;

The Ty Warren speculation has been comming out of espn and PFT the past two days but i have not seen any reports about the length of his absence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

It is what it is

(I can't believe no one said that yet)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

They did the same thing on the O-line with Vollmer watching and Levoir starting it RT.  They are trying to see how these back ups do when thrust into a "starting" role.

Sections
Shortcuts