Cunningham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Cunningham

I'm not sure what his injury is, but I get the feeling that BB might try to hide him on IR this year. With all the vets on the dl on 1 year deals, he may not be needed this year...but he will be needed at some point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Cunningham

you may or may not be correct- great speculation!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not sure I'd go that route if he's not seriously injured, the guy was a second pick, they're supposed to produce at some point. He got, what? 1 sack last year, you don't want this guy going into his third year with nothing on his resume. This guy is part of the "rebuilding" we were supposed to be doing the last 3 years. He's also apart of our "exciting young defense", that we had to remodel because it wasn't very good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Every report I've seen on him says he's looked very mediocre when he has practiced and has not developed any pass rushing moves since last year. I would hope they don't IR him though, he showed some potential last year and like Killa said, it could be a detrimental blow to his ego/development

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

yeah he came up big in the colts and ravens game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he's been spotted in the locker room which means he's close to coming back. no way he gets stashed away. he wasnt ready for a prime time role this year and he will be lower on the depth chart than last year because of all these vets. but it will give him a chance to watch and learn and develop, which is really what he needed last year. next year he will get the opportunity to step in for carter or ellis. this year i think he will be a depth guy and he will learn. bright future for him i think. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

making the situation even worse, look at what the player drafted AFTER Cunningham is doing with the Giants...JPP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

JPP was a first round pick, #15. cunningham was mid 2nd round. no comparison. you may be thinking of carlos dunlap who was picked by the bengals and has looked good so far. but he was always a big talent and very inconsistent. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

why do you hate him at DE? we havent seen him play the position yet here, and thats what he played in college. i have to imagine that his future play at the end in the 4-3 had to factor into BB's scheme change. he's really not an OLB in the 4-3 and was so-so in the 3-4 last year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I would say no way in the 3-4, but with this hybrid 4-3, he could def. play with his hand down which is all he did in florida....but not sure you want to confuse him and do that after a year of learning linebacker, but main point is, i wont be down on him because of better players in front of him and system changes.

Now if he turns out to be another Pierre Woods, THEN I would be dissapointed, but he has the luxury of not being needed to produce right away and can hone his skills...most likely will develop into a utility guy like Guyton has been the last couple years, filling in when needed and can always rotate at the DE in our 4-3 alignment...  but only his second year and remember he didnt have a training camp last year either...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Cunningham:
    [QUOTE]I hope not. If they hide him on IR that puts him in the Shawn Crable category IMO. Which means he cant play. As for saying he didnt do anything last year, that is just not true. He didnt get sacks but as I am constantly reminding people players in this defense DONT GET SACKS. Maybe this year that will change but last year he got at the QB and made them force balls which caused turnovers, he was only 1 or 2 seconds away from getting teh sack whenever he was rushing the passer last year and if he gets better he will start to show. Not letting him play this year would hurt his growth. So its simple, if he can play and produce he will play and if he cant and they put him on IR for some BS then that would say to me he cant play, or at least he cant play yet. But I dont think that is the case.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Agree with everything you said

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It was Carlos Dunlap that was picked after Cunningham, Cincy picked him right after Cunningham was off the board I believe.  I thought Cunningham looked ok in the preseason game he played in.  He looked ok pass rushing and in run support.  Not sure what the injury is, but I think he showed enough promise last year that I wouldn't even come close to writing him off yet. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]It was Carlos Dunlap that was picked after Cunningham, Cincy picked him right after Cunningham was off the board I believe.  I thought Cunningham looked ok in the preseason game he played in.  He looked ok pass rushing and in run support.  Not sure what the injury is, but I think he showed enough promise last year that I wouldn't even come close to writing him off yet. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

so far still looks like dunlap was teh better player, just not the player with the better character. looks like we went with character thinking dunlap was a risk there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This stiff looks like just another wasted high draft pick. It really doesn't matter what they do with him. If this guy is a starter on your D; your D is in trouble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Some are blaming Cunningham for not developing any new pass rush moves in the off-season.From whom was he supposed to learn these new moves and manuvers?You do remember the lockout,right.Then he gets injured and though I"m certain that the coaches,especially Pepper Johnson,are teaching Cunningham and others some new moves and techniques but if can't practice them on the field what he gains from film work and watching others perform what they have learned is not significant.Let's at least give him a chance to get back on the field and practice what he has hopefully learned in strictl mental terms and see how he does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Cunningham:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what his injury is, but I get the feeling that BB might try to hide him on IR this year. With all the vets on the dl on 1 year deals, he may not be needed this year...but he will be needed at some point.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

The Patriots do not need to hide him

They have three tweeners
    Carter
    Anderson
    Cunningham
    Ninkovich is a tweener as well but he looks like he was born to play the Strong side in this 4:3

We have two 3:4 & 4:3 ends... Ellis and Wright who can play end in both styles
    Brace and Deaderick are the two being hidden IMO on the PUP
    There the 3:4 ends that the patriots will not use this year

This 4:3 concept is ideal when the patriots start the following players

Ellis Haynesworth Fork Carter
    Cunningham on the strong side
    Spikes in the middle and Mayo on the weak side

With this front seven the patriots have the flexibility to give a 4:3 look but audible to a 3:4 after the pre snap reads

they would simply slide Carter out to ROLB Spikes and Mayo would assume there 3:4 roles and ellis and Haynesworth would switch to a 5 technique on the ends.

If you do not think this is plausible than look at Ryans D from the playoff game
    He had Taylor his ROLB put his hand down and drop into coverage while his secondary showed a man read and switched to zone.

I know your going to say Ninkovich is a four down Strong side backer in the 4:3??? Correct?
    He was an end in college and an end in New Orleans before he became there long snapper! pretty versital guy!
    Also Dane Flether was an DE @ Montana who was signed as they were tinkering with there LB corps last year... He would have been a run stuffing LOLB. BUT he was switched to MLB a la Teddy Brushi because he has the ideal 3:4 MLB build.

Cunningham nursed a high ankle sprain last year and i supect his current issues are similar now. high ankle sprains are one of those gifts that keeps on giving.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

[QUOTE]making the situation even worse, look at what the player drafted AFTER Cunningham is doing with the Giants...JPP
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Are you JOKING
    JPP was a first rounder

Pierre-Paul was drafted by the New York Giants with the 15th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. On July 31, 2010, Pierre-Paul and the Giants agreed to a five-year, $20.05 million deal with $11.629 million guaranteed.[4]

Cunningham was the 60th pick

Sections
Shortcuts