curb your enthusiasm...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: curb your enthusiasm...

If browner doesn't come here I think peanut Tillman would be a good addition opposite revis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the team is still at square 1 trying to get better IMO.    REvis is a Talib replacement. 

[/QUOTE]

If Revis can stay healthy and he has been very durable, then it is a pretty big upgrade over Talib.  In the words of Bill Belichick "dependability is more important than ability."  

Talib was really good until we needed him most, I also strongly suspected that he sat out those playoff games because he felt that he hadn't received a contract befitting a player of his stature and if you wanted him to play extra games (playoff games) you were going to have to pay more, it will be interesting to see if he dogs it in Denver come playoff time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

QB´S THROW TALIBS WAY A LOT  MORE THAN REVI´S WAY !!! THATS THE HUGE DIFFERENCE... REVIS GIVES YOU THAT PRESENCE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

So the team is still at square 1 trying to get better IMO.    REvis is a Talib replacement. 

If Revis can stay healthy and he has been very durable, then it is a pretty big upgrade over Talib.  In the words of Bill Belichick "dependability is more important than ability."  

Talib was really good until we needed him most, I also strongly suspected that he sat out those playoff games because he felt that he hadn't received a contract befitting a player of his stature and if you wanted him to play extra games (playoff games) you were going to have to pay more, it will be interesting to see if he dogs it in Denver come playoff time.

[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see how Talib responds to getting paid also.    He could be a complete bust, no doubt.  Something about him was little off, I must admit... but he responded to Belichick and then he gets hurt so you don't get the whole picture.  It comes down to how healthy he stays.

I think Revis comes across more like a thinking guys cornerback which is a plus.  Maybe that translates into knowing how to stay out of dumb collisions that knock you out of games for instance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey I'm as happy (and surprised) that Revis has signed with the Pats but this basically gets the team back to where it was before Talib left.  

[/QUOTE]

Where they left off was no Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Gronk, and Talib hurt, Armstead a potential and a Collins and  Jones on serious steep slope improvement. All the injuries last year accellerated the development of some good rookies which wil pay off. As always will need to develop depth, get a couple good players in the draft and sign one or two more vets that can make an impact. If they get a little luckier with injuries and maybe the injury bug bites Denver..who knows what can happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey I'm as happy (and surprised) that Revis has signed with the Pats but this basically gets the team back to where it was before Talib left.  (minus 7mil)  Say all you want about how much better Revis is than Talib but can Revis shut down Jimmy Graham...?  Talib at his best (granted when he's on the field ) is right there with Revis as a top CB.

So the team is still at square 1 trying to get better IMO.    REvis is a Talib replacement.  Now go get a pass rusher...( Allen, Peppers...etc)  and a big Receiver  (Eric Decker)  ...  And then we can get giddy and heap all the accolades on BB.

I really want Decker on this team to pay back Elway and Co. for scarfing up Talib and Welker.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting overly excited, this is one step with more that need to be made, but Revis will give you 16 games and help win playoff games. That's a massive advantage over Talib who disappeared two years in a row in the AFCCG and only really played at that level for half a season at a time Coolade.

[/QUOTE]

Just saying that Revis is a player that has gotten hurt also.  Any player can get injured.  I hope you are right and REvis plays 19 games next season... not just 16  (knocking on wood...)

[/QUOTE]

He got hurt once and it was his ACL.