Curious about Seymour trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Curious about Seymour trade

Does anyone know the truth about this?

The Patriots traded Richard Seymour to the Raiders last year for their 1st round pick next year.

I read an article where Al Davis said the Patriots gave him the opportunity to make his choice of what draft pick to give back in return for Seymour. Al said the 1 in 2011. (link)

Is there more to the story?

I'm reading posts saying "BB had the option of taking Oakland's #2 this year or their #1 next year for Seymour", or "BB could have gotten this year's raiders' 1st, but took next year's instead", or "a 1st round pick in 2010 was never on the table".

Who's choice was it? Was Al not telling the truth?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Curious about Seymour trade

In Response to Curious about Seymour trade:
    Does anyone know the truth about this? The Patriots traded Richard Seymour to the Raiders last year for their 1st round pick next year. I read an article where Al Davis said the Patriots gave him the opportunity to make his choice of what draft pick to give back in return for Seymour. Al said the 1 in 2011. (link) Is there more to the story? I'm reading posts saying "BB had the option of taking Oakland's #2 this year or their #1 next year for Seymour", or "BB could have gotten this year's raiders' 1st, but took next year's instead", or "a 1st round pick in 2010 was never on the table". Who's choice was it? Was Al not telling the truth?
    Posted by digger0862

Reiss said a couple of weeks back on one of his blogs that the 2010 # 1 was not an option. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Reiss was right.  BB only wanted the 2011 pick cause of the wage scale issue, he saw an opportunity to get elite talent without the current price tag.

IMO al davis has a sneaking suspicion that he won't be "at the helm" when the 2011 1st rounder rounds into shape (usually not until the next year or two after being drafted) and doesn't want to wait it out wearing a catheter, he can ring up stienbrenner and ask him just how sweet that 2009 ring was.  

Thats why he's going for Donovan and finally giving up on JaMarcus "the project" Russell.  He wants to win now and might need this pick.  I wonder if he's going to trade it for another former pro-bowler?  watch, they will end up mortgaging their future to go 8-8 this year while screwing us over royally.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Or was the Seymour trade realy part two of the Randy Moss trade?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

From what I heard the 2010 1st was not an option because the Raiders wouldn't trade that pick, not because BB didn't want to pay a top 10 pick. Saying that BB didn't want the pick because he didn't want to pay isn't very bright considering when they had picks that high they used them (Seymour, Mayo, Warren 'I know he was a 13th'). Also considering they could trade back out of the position and get more value for that one pick which is something BB loves to do. And this is not to mention he has no clue where the Raiders would have landed in either draft, it's not like BB to gamble on which position the picks will land when given the options even if it involves pay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

"it's not like BB to gamble" has a bit of a different ring to it this offseason huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Honestly who cares what led to this being the deal all that matters now is that we get good value and solid starters in the 2010 and 2011 draft. I still say we should trade ourr 2011 1st rounder for a late 1st or very early second this year and a 3rd this year and in 2011.

Sections
Shortcuts