Current Expert Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Current Expert Picks

Browsed a few of the national media sites and up to now here is what we have:

20 picks total.  14 Pats  6 Colts

They all must have seen the SI cover. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Current Expert Picks

Alot of people think that the Pats are going to beat both undefeated teams.

It would be nice as a pats fan, but it is much easier said than done.

I dont care that Indy and NO are undefeated.  I want them to win those games. I want them to win against the Jets or Carolina or whoever is on the schedule.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Current Expert Picks:
    [QUOTE]Browsed a few of the national media sites and up to now here is what we have: 20 picks total.  14 Pats  6 Colts They all must have seen the SI cover. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

The excuse most of these guys are using are the injuries to the Indy Secondary. I hate it when when they do that because they are usually wrong when they all pig pile on a team for the same reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Underdogg, we know what you're doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Kellie - you are too young on this board to know what I am doing.  Just joshing.  BTW, what am I doing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Current Expert Picks:
    [QUOTE]Kellie - you are too young on this board to know what I am doing.  Just joshing.  BTW, what am I doing?

Just because I just started posting, doesn't mean I am new to this board.

What you're doing is playing the "Oh gee, shucks...you guys are gonna beat us" doucheb@g, who is probably on another board as we speak, refering to Belichick as "Belicheat" and calling Brady a "f@g".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Sure as making it hard to play the "we get no respect" card.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]Browsed a few of the national media sites and up to now here is what we have: 20 picks total.  14 Pats  6 Colts They all must have seen the SI cover. 

I just don't see how "national media" and soothsayers correlate?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE] the accu score is on your side.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/6204/video-accuscore-likes-colts-over-pats

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Sure as making it hard to play the "we get no respect" card.
    Posted by clouts[/QUOTE]

I think last weekend's win over Miami with it's decent rushing game and no Brady sacks as well as the loss of Sanders probably caused a few of the so called 'experts' to change their minds. I say so called experts because most of these guys don't know anymore about football than anyone else who closely studies the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current Expert Picks : Just because I just started posting, doesn't mean I am new to this board. What you're doing is playing the "Oh gee, shucks...you guys are gonna beat us" doucheb@g, who is probably on another board as we speak, refering to Belichick as "Belicheat" and calling Brady a "f@g".
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]
    Apparently not Kellie, because as you describe me here, you just don't know me. 

1.  I am more than willing to say directly on this board, as I have many times, that I do think Belichick is a cheater and a doucheb@g.  Great coach, maybe the best, but an as$, and believe me when I say I have many reasons for wanting to like him. 

2.  I don't think Brady is a f@g

So, no, you're a newbie who does not know me, and thus can't know what I am up to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Dogg, did you factor in polian's pet refs and the canned crowd noise at lucas stadium?

Relax, that was a joke.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Two of the best QBs to ever play in the NFL, both future HOFers, going at each other. Doesn't happen very often. Should be a great game.

naturally, I'm expecting a Pats win. Mainly due to colts defensive injuries and the fact that, if we let them get 3 games up on us, we can kiss a home playoff game goodbye.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

not to mention this is a pats board so of course everyone is gonna say the pats are gonna win,in however fashion.nothing against any other teams fans,but I,or anyone else would be seeing the same on another teams board.but there is nothing wrong with smack talk in good nature.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

A quick analysis reveals that a 14 to 6 favorable expert prediction ratio will not result in any points on the field. 

I love it when Frank Caliendo picks more winners than the ex-players and coaches.

My personal prediction is that they will play Sunday night

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

For the Midday update we have:

Expert picks: 40
    Picking Pats:  26
    Picking colts: 14

Pats prediction went from 70% in the morn to 65% midday.  May not be that many more to pick. 

And of 7 sites reviewed only one had more writers/commentators picking the colts than pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

One question:
    If you lose, will you use the 'we had 4 starters out excuse', like you do with me every time the Colts get spanked by the Chargers?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Current Expert Picks : One question: If you lose, will you use the 'we had 4 starters out excuse', like you do with me every time the Colts get spanked by the Chargers?   
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

....and just like you do every time the Pats spank your Chargets

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Predictions are just the best way to spend a long boring week beetwen games, but that´s about it... once the ball is kicked, nothing else matters.

I do like to see how "experts" analise the 2 teams, is a great way to learn about the game.

Most of the times if we are winning in almost all the predictions i  can´t help to remember the 07 season  :(

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Current Expert Picks : One question: If you lose, will you use the 'we had 4 starters out excuse', like you do with me every time the Colts get spanked by the Chargers?   

It looks like that is the current plan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I used that excuse?  Look, injuries or the lack thereof can be a true reason for success or failure in the league, but I don't think that I have ever suggested that if the colts were healthy that being such guaranteed a win. 

I am telling you right now, I am concerned about the colts chances but really only on one front - Passing defense.  I am not concerned that Sanders is out.  Bullitt has demonstrated that he is a starting safety in this league on 80% of the squads in the NFL (which btw means we will lose him).  I am concerned about the corners and the nickel.  Powers (rookie) will be fine.  Lacey (udfa rookie) is a weak spot.  Jennings at nickel is a weak spot although he is accustomed to playing the spot. 

I can name any number of reasons why we lost to the chargers the last 2 playoffs that aren't injury related.  Some of it has everything to do with the chargers. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current Expert Picks : I think last weekend's win over Miami with it's decent rushing game and no Brady sacks as well as the loss of Sanders probably caused a few of the so called 'experts' to change their minds. I say so called experts because most of these guys don't know anymore about football than anyone else who closely studies the game.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

But YOU do, of course????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current Expert Picks : ....and just like you do every time the Pats spank your Chargets
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]
    Youre full of it pal, I dont make excuses  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current Expert Picks : Your full of it pal, I dont make excuses  

Right, and we all believe you....Pftt Your new name is Jpinocchio.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I have to agree with Evil on this one.

Those guys don't have access to any information that is beyond you and I, and in most cases are not any smarter.

"Expert picks" and 98 cents will get you a burrito at Taco Bell.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ah, yes, if opinions won games.  Why didn't it work in the 2007 SB?  For the Pats, if we went by opinions this season, they'd be 4 - 4 right now as most did pick the Ravens and Falcons to beat them, if I recall.

Sections
Shortcuts