Current List of Available WR on the Market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Re: Current List of Available WR on the Market

In response to wozzy's comment:

Unbelievable...

4. You people have zero patience.

Show some fortitude, I thought New Englanders were tough?

You should forward that sentiment to Brady because he is the one screaming, pouting on the field & on the sideline about his receivers.  Never mind throwing his helmet around.

I don't blame him for acting out his frustrations but since you think people here need to be more patient that applies to Brady also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We have a top 5 offense for 5 years and the Belichick haters say it's all because of Brady.

The offense struggles for two games and suddenly Brady needs weapons to throw to and the GM is an idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

That made me laugh Wozzy . . . and it's so true.  I'll just reiterate what I said earlier.  The rookies have skills we haven't seen in Foxboro in several years.  Yes, they're making a ton of mistakes right now, but let's give them a few weeks to settle in.  We are asking an awful lot of them as rookies because of all the injuries.  Baptism by fire.  I've got my fingers crossed that by midseason one or two of these of these guys is going to prove he's a dependable NFL-quality starter.  That's all we need.

I also agree with jjbag above.  I did see progress from last week with Thompkins, and of course, with Dobson actually getting on the field.

As crazy as it sounds we may be better off big picture with Amendola being out for a few weeks,let  the rookies play, force them and Brady into positions of discomfort until they make it work.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'll ask the same question again:  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

I don't care about 2007.  I'm talking about the 2013 season.

You'll say the same thing, ignore the points I made because you have no reponse to common sense.  

There are 31 other teams in the NFL, who have awesome receivers?  Denver, yeah they're much older and pretty good, but the team isn't nearly as deep as the Patriots.  

You telling the us that th winningest GM in the NFL over the past decade has to be replaced sounds like somebody insisting the Earth is flat.  Get a grip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Rumors are just that...I'm not sure I'm having any of the Pats asked Lloyd to come back...

That being said....a receiver will be brought in before 9/22 either trade or try out off a FA...I ain't ruling out CFL either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Rumors are just that...I'm not sure I'm having any of the Pats asked Lloyd to come back...

That being said....a receiver will be brought in before 9/22 either trade or try out off a FA...I ain't ruling out CFL either.

It was reported that the Patriots and three other teams offered Lloyd a contract, it's not a rumor.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]

It was reported that the Patriots and three other teams offered Lloyd a contract, it's not a rumor.

[/QUOTE]

Is that like Comcast reporting they are faster than Verizon....WHO reported the PATS contacted Lloyd...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You'll say the same thing, ignore the points I made because you have no reponse to common sense.  

There are 31 other teams in the NFL, who have awesome receivers?  Denver, yeah they're much older and pretty good, but the team isn't nearly as deep as the Patriots.  

You telling the us that th winningest GM in the NFL over the past decade has to be replaced sounds like somebody insisting the Earth is flat.  Get a grip.

31 other NFL teams don't have a guy that is considered by some to be the greatest GM of all time. 

So, if the GM is so great (not even the greatest, but great), why is the current receiver corps such a disaster?  Why cannot Belichick get anyone better than Mr. Injury, a Special Teams guy and a mix of rookies?

As for the Pats being deep, what?  They have a lot of poor quality running backs, nothing for WR or TE, thin at DB, thin, thin thin...  Where are they deep? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

That made me laugh Wozzy . . . and it's so true.  I'll just reiterate what I said earlier.  The rookies have skills we haven't seen in Foxboro in several years.  Yes, they're making a ton of mistakes right now, but let's give them a few weeks to settle in.  We are asking an awful lot of them as rookies because of all the injuries.  Baptism by fire.  I've got my fingers crossed that by midseason one or two of these of these guys is going to prove he's a dependable NFL-quality starter.  That's all we need.

I also agree with jjbag above.  I did see progress from last week with Thompkins, and of course, with Dobson actually getting on the field.

As crazy as it sounds we may be better off big picture with Amendola being out for a few weeks,let  the rookies play, force them and Brady into positions of discomfort until they make it work.

I agree with Wozzy. I find it odd that there hasn't been that many free agent wide receivers that have caught on to the Patriot's system and been on the same page with Brady. After a decade of Brady being QB there's maybe a 1/2 dozen receivers that have been on the same page. I do think that the offensive passing strategy of the Patriots is very complicated and works well when he does have everyone on the same page but it's not for your average receiver. So I do agree that the only way these rookie receivers and Brady are going to have this work is to force all of them to work at it until they get it right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

They have to bring in a veteran at least for the short term to help Brady out.

Donte Stallworth,Austin Collie, ....................someone.

If they don't every team will just jam the line so the Pats can't run the ball and let Brady throw to the only reliable receiver in Edelman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Hey, has NAS showed us a list of "awesome" WRs available to BB this offseason?  lmao

New screen name, same old lies.

I didn't say available this offseason.  Pay attention.  Your lies are getting less clandestine. 

My statement:  "Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?"

Do you need a list of awesome wide receivers in the NFL?  I know smartphones are very confusing to you, but is the internet also that hard?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

I agree with Wozzy. I find it odd that there hasn't been that many free agent wide receivers that have caught on to the Patriot's system and been on the same page with Brady. After a decade of Brady being QB there's maybe a 1/2 dozen receivers that have been on the same page. I do think that the offensive passing strategy of the Patriots is very complicated and works well when he does have everyone on the same page but it's not for your average receiver. So I do agree that the only way these rookie receivers and Brady are going to have this work is to force all of them to work at it until they get it right.

[/QUOTE]

Who has been brought to the team that was of decent quality that didn't make it?  I've seen a lot of unwanted guys, fizzled out vets, not good enoughs and others that didn't make it in Foxboro.  I've also seen true quality guys like Moss and Welker come in and thrive.

A great QB can bring out the best in a receiver, but a great QB cannot create ability in a receiver.

Of the guys that have come through the doors over the years, who has been of any true quality that wasn't successful with Brady?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Again, rumors are just that...so...he is one source that says it never happened.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243805/article/brandon-lloyd-never-received-call-from-ne-patriots

Unless it comes from BB you never know what's real or not. And since BB would not spit on the media if they were on fire I tend to doubt rumors regarding the Pats.

Now...if it was me....GM for a day...I would ask Toronto if they would let Mike Williams come back to the NFL....maybe toss Toronto a litte cash to let him go..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

I bet the Jets contacted him, maybe SF, but I bet the media just lumped in the Pats for effect to make it a story.

I doubt the Pats all of a sudden would revisit that now. They know what they have and are apparently committed to it, early bumpy ride or not.

Hey, has NAS showed us a list of "awesome" WRs available to BB this offseason?  lmao

I agree that the Pats shouldn't bring anyone else in unless there are more injuries. Cultivate the rooks and watch the offense grow into a beautiful thing for years to come.

Not-A-Shot should change his name to Not-A-Fact I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Not-A-Shot should change his name to Not-A-Fact I guess.

Whoa.  What's that all about?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Who has been brought to the team that was of decent quality that didn't make it?  I've seen a lot of unwanted guys, fizzled out vets, not good enoughs and others that didn't make it in Foxboro.  I've also seen true quality guys like Moss and Welker come in and thrive.

A great QB can bring out the best in a receiver, but a great QB cannot create ability in a receiver.

Of the guys that have come through the doors over the years, who has been of any true quality that wasn't successful with Brady?

[/QUOTE]

When the Patriots traded for both Moss and Welker they were either looked at as washed up or unknown until they came here. But there have been other receivers who were thought of as having potential because they had at least one good season on other teams such as Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway, Brandon Lloyd, Reche Caldwell, Tory Holt, and Chad Ochocinco.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When the Patriots traded for both Moss and Welker they were either looked at as washed up or unknown until they came here. But there have been other receivers who were thought of as having potential because they had at least one good season on other teams such as Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway, Brandon Lloyd, Reche Caldwell, Tory Holt, and Chad Ochocinco.

Moss was entering his 10th year in the league.  He was coming from a terrible Oakland team.  He was hardly thought of as washed up.

The Pats traded a second round pick for Welker.  He wasn't unknown.  He was a good player.  No one knew he'd turn into what he did, but hardly unknown.

The rest of those guys:

Donald Hayes:  Never any good.  After Pats?  Out of football.

Joey Galloway:  His career was over before he arrived.  After Pats? One more season and done.

Brandon Lloyd:  Seven teams in 11 years. After Pats?  Out of football.

Reche Caldwell:  Was never any good.  After Pats?  One more season and done.

Torry Holt:  Toast upon arrival, never made it into a game:  After Pats?  Out of football

Chad Ochocinco:  Toast upon arrival.  After Pats?  Out of football

Take a long hard look at that list, folks.  This is the utter trash that Belichick has given Brady to work with over the years. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

You should forward that sentiment to Brady because he is the one screaming, pouting on the field & on the sideline about his receivers.  Never mind throwing his helmet around.

I don't blame him for acting out his frustrations but since you think people here need to be more patient that applies to Brady also.

That was during the game with high adrenaline. I may have done some screaming at the TV screen myself. Brady has since calmed down, I have calmed down, now it's time for fans to calm down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

how about bringing in Austin Collie for another look at. Cant hurt unless he still has cobwebs in his head

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

[QUOTE]You should forward that sentiment to Brady because he is the one screaming, pouting on the field & on the sideline about his receivers.  Never mind throwing his helmet around.

That was during the game with high adrenaline. I may have done some screaming at the TV screen myself. Brady has since calmed down, I have calmed down, now it's time for fans to calm down.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Brady should be given a time out the next time he throws a tantrum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hey wozzy, I agree the WR will learn the system...eventually .  But I disagree with your 4th point.  Unlike Baseball with its 162 game schedule, there is no time for patience in Football with its 16 game schedule.  This is a league where just one loss separates playoff teams from non- playoff teams.

"4. You people have zero patience, considering I know most of your age's from posts about who you are, this is disconcerting."

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Moss. That kind of greatness doesn't fade that easily. Rice, Tim Brown, Harrison, Carter, and TO were all still effective WRs at Randy's current age, and none of them had his freak talent.