Current List of Available WR on the Market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Current List of Available WR on the Market

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Can you show me where you see that they have $14 million in cap space?

This site shows $8.4 million in cap space for the Pats.

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

Honest error.  The number came down and I wasn't aware.  I'll update my rhetoric.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

You'll say the same thing, ignore the points I made because you have no reponse to common sense.  

There are 31 other teams in the NFL, who have awesome receivers?  Denver, yeah they're much older and pretty good, but the team isn't nearly as deep as the Patriots.  

You telling the us that th winningest GM in the NFL over the past decade has to be replaced sounds like somebody insisting the Earth is flat.  Get a grip.

31 other NFL teams don't have a guy that is considered by some to be the greatest GM of all time. 

So, if the GM is so great (not even the greatest, but great), why is the current receiver corps such a disaster?  Why cannot Belichick get anyone better than Mr. Injury, a Special Teams guy and a mix of rookies?

As for the Pats being deep, what?  They have a lot of poor quality running backs, nothing for WR or TE, thin at DB, thin, thin thin...  Where are they deep? 

I think defense has improved. Can't find the happy balance though now the O is looking patchy 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to GO47's comment:

When the Patriots traded for both Moss and Welker they were either looked at as washed up or unknown until they came here. But there have been other receivers who were thought of as having potential because they had at least one good season on other teams such as Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway, Brandon Lloyd, Reche Caldwell, Tory Holt, and Chad Ochocinco.

Moss was entering his 10th year in the league.  He was coming from a terrible Oakland team.  He was hardly thought of as washed up.

The Pats traded a second round pick for Welker.  He wasn't unknown.  He was a good player.  No one knew he'd turn into what he did, but hardly unknown.

The rest of those guys:

Donald Hayes:  Never any good.  After Pats?  Out of football.

Joey Galloway:  His career was over before he arrived.  After Pats? One more season and done.

Brandon Lloyd:  Seven teams in 11 years. After Pats?  Out of football.

Reche Caldwell:  Was never any good.  After Pats?  One more season and done.

Torry Holt:  Toast upon arrival, never made it into a game:  After Pats?  Out of football

Chad Ochocinco:  Toast upon arrival.  After Pats?  Out of football

Take a long hard look at that list, folks.  This is the utter trash that Belichick has given Brady to work with over the years. 

Other than Branch you could say, "Take a long hard look at that list, folks," during the Super Bowl years. They won 3 without a super star receiver. Most great receivers are divas that want top dollar.

If you spend to the cap please tell us what areas you would cut to justify signing a top flight receiver? In all fairness the Patriots did try to sign Sanders from Pittsburg this past off season but they matched the offer.  Even then there were questions as to whether or not he would have been a good fit.

Blokes like Givens and Branch,even David Patton were money in the big games. Troy Brown always money. Wouldn't drop key passes in big games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

A list of guys that 31 other teams don't want, and somehow present an upgrade.

Interesting theory. 

Total garbage, but interesting none-the-less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

They traded their 1 st round pick, to the Cowboys,for the Cowboys 1 st pick and the Cowboys fourth round pick. The Cowboy's then selected Dez Bryant. At the time, I said the Pats just traded away a Hall of Fame receiver, for a 4 th round pick. Typical Belichick, I was surprise it wasn't a 7 th round pick.

Wouldn't they like to have Dez Bryant now, probably not, he hasn't murdered anybody, or been on the DL for 20 of the last 30 games, like Amendola. No Dez Bryant he is a real stiff. Dennard, Tompkins, fine characters both, not like that bum Dez bryant. 

I suppose you were happy with the ancient group we had last year; Branch, Stallworth etc...

Or more likely you're one of the "well we should have signed so and so in the offseason," never realizing that there were X amount of wide receivers available in the offseason and they all either stunk, were overpriced or were vets who our coaches knew sight unseen that couldn't understand or play in our system.

Then there's the last group; why don't we coax Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter out of retirement to come play for us... which one are you, because all I hear is crying.

None of the above.  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Can you show me where you see that they have $14 million in cap space?

This site shows $8.4 million in cap space for the Pats.

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

Honest error.  The number came down and I wasn't aware.  I'll update my rhetoric.

Thanks.

The Pats have the following financial status;

Top 51 cap $$$= $102.5 M

Injured Resrve and NFI= $4.8M

Practice squad=$700K

Dend money=$13.3M

Total outlay approx $121M

2013 cap limit $123M 

Cap space available is $2M plus the Pats have a $5M carry over from 2012 that is use it or lose it...cannot carry it to 2014

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I suppose you were happy with the ancient group we had last year; Branch, Stallworth etc...

Or more likely you're one of the "well we should have signed so and so in the offseason," never realizing that there were X amount of wide receivers available in the offseason and they all either stunk, were overpriced or were vets who our coaches knew sight unseen that couldn't understand or play in our system.

Then there's the last group; why don't we coax Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter out of retirement to come play for us... which one are you, because all I hear is crying.

None of the above.  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

Because that GM simply isn't awesome.

Yet somehow we keep winning and the teams with "awesome" receivers keep losing...

Sections
Shortcuts